Pandora vs. Slacker vs. Last.FM

My HTC Hero (Android) came with Pandora. Last Friday I installed Slacker (free version) and just now I put on Last.FM, Which player do you prefer? What makes it better?

I like pandora the best, probably just because it’s the one I’m most familiar with.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I like pandora the best, probably just because it’s the one I’m most familiar with.[/quote]

x2

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
I like pandora the best, probably just because it’s the one I’m most familiar with.

x2[/quote]

We should really just get it over with and move in together.

Are “vs” threads a new T-Nation meme or something?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

x2

We should really just get it over with and move in together.[/quote]

I honestly swear we are the same person, except when I was made 6 inches shorter. It all went to my penis.

Pandora

LastFM and Pandora are both good. I havent used slacker.

Does anyone else have an android? or iPhone?

Plugging my headphones into my phone and listening to any of these apps is my new addiction.

Also, LankyMofo and countingbeans, if you two do form a "union" I think I may have earned a spot at the head table. Considering I started the thread when you 2 professed your love for each other.

[quote]steve.rt wrote:
Plugging my headphones into my phone and listening to any of these apps is my new addiction.

Also, LankyMofo and countingbeans, if you two do form a "union" I think I may have earned a spot at the head table. Considering I started the thread when you 2 professed your love for each other.[/quote]

Haha, unfortunately for you this is not the first time we’ve done that. Me and CB are constantly blowing each other.

Just an invite would be nice.

[quote]steve.rt wrote:
Just an invite would be nice.[/quote]

That sounds fair. I mean, what kind of party would it be if steve.rt isn’t there, right?

With a whopping 186 posts, I’m everywhere you want to be!

I love Pandora and use it when I am in the states. When I am out of country I path it through VPN. When I want to create playlists strictly on internet I use TubeRadio.fm which turns youtube into a music jukebox.

I’ve used Slacker and Pandora a lot. Overall I think Pandora does a much better job of selecting music and if you want to discover some new artists it’s the way to go. However I like how Slacker let’s you ban certain artists altogether from a station and I like some of the premade stations.

I also got the Slacker G-2 player on sale and I use it all the time. It’s really convenient because it caches songs so you don’t need an internet connection for it to work. You just tell it to refresh your stations whenever you want some new stuff and it’ll cache songs on the player. I can refresh it then use it at work without worrying about the firewall overlords or on the road where I won’t always have a connection. All that said I heard they are phasing out the Slacker player so I don’t know if they’ll keep supporting it.

If you are gonna pay for one I prefer Pandora. If you want to be cheap Slacker is free and doesn’t have any monthly caps if you don’t mind the ads/restrictions.

I know the free slacker limits the skips, so I’m not sure what you mean by monthly caps and restrictions?

[quote]steve.rt wrote:
Does anyone else have an android? or iPhone?[/quote]

Since I’ve downloaded Pandora onto my iPhone, I don’t bother buying music anymore. Pandora should pay me some sort of a commission since I’ve turned several people onto it.

Pandora is awesome. I’ve found so much new music that I like using it, that I never would have found otherwise. I just got a one of the Verizon droids on Sunday, and now instead of blasting the music from my computer room I just carry around my phone w/ headphones when I do laundry and dishes and other assorted bullshit. As far as I’ve used it, it is completely free.

Last.fm is cool because you can find individual songs and I haven’t tried it on the phone yet.

The open SDK for Android is the only reason I got the phone. I got a project in the works to turn on the heater in my apartment garage from anywhere w/ my cell phone. That means as I’m leaving work, send the heater a message, and I’m ready to lift as soon as I get home. If I ever get it to work, it will be glorious.

Can all of these be downloaded onto a Mac?