Pallets Of Baby Formula Sent To Illegal Immigrants

I believe the following statements are used primarily to pull at our heartstrings:
“We are a nation of immigrants.” (A false statement.)
“We are all descendants of immigrants.” (False statement.)
“They pay taxes.”
“They work hard.”
“Your mom and her whole family were immigrants.”

My answers to the above are:

So? So my own mom and relatives are or were immigrants. Just what am I supposed to think about immigration NOW, because of this? Even my mom thinks we should end immigration. If we go back in time, many countries were founded by force, conquering, expulsion, and ethnic cleansing with some subsequent border changing. Should we all just start reshaping the whole damn world and herding people all over because of this now?

They pay taxes and go to work. So do I. So do millions upon millions of people all over the world. How is this a special qualification?

The US constantly imports immigrants. What am I getting out of this? Nothing. All of my pay raises have not been due to immigration. Immigration has not prevented inflation. Immigration has not made home ownership
easier for young people; it actually made it harder. Immigration has not improved my health. Immigration has not improved my relationships with people.

Then there is the gaslighting, in which anti-immigration people are implied or said to be inhumane monsters who cannot understand the plight or pain of others, which is likely false in nearly all cases.

@TrevorLPT I will try to get to your questions later. I think my answers will be lengthy. Perhaps I will simply put my reasons in a simple list.

Do you have children?

1 Like

That would be hard to calculate I would imagine and I’m sure the government isn’t going to help us do it either.

Any amount is too much - those are tax dollars from the American tax payers.

Hey if we were in the black okay, but we are literally trillions in the red.

1 Like

My theory is the NOAH’s ARK theory

I don’t know exactly what that is. Is it that his three sons all went off to different regions of the world?

Many people in the United States, perhaps the majority, but with the exception of the local population, are descendants of settlers, not exactly immigrants. Yes, there are many that came centuries later, but still relatively long ago. The difference is that these people have made an effort and participated in building a state that did not exist before. And most of the current emigrants (with some exceptions) do not contribute anything positive to the development of the state, except to use its benefits, built by the first settlers and their generation step by step, century after century. Here is the difference between the two, I think. Many of today’s emigrants just want to sit at the nice American table. Understandable.
This is how a person like me, who looks from the side and is not American, sees things.

3 Likes

Thats my belief

Bingo!

1 Like

Well, that’s right. If you tell the current emigrants: Hey people, you live in poverty, but there is a free territory from which we will build a new beautiful country, you are welcome. We will give you land, you are required to dig, look after livestock, build buildings and railways. It will be difficult, but your children and grandchildren will live well. 90% of the people to whom the invitation is addressed will not go, I believe in this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not in the least anymore. It’s now done for convenience of the mother, hospital staff, and loss mitigation. I don’t want to deter from the main topic though as I should not have mentioned it.

1 Like

I hate to throw cold water on this rage party, but I looked at the NY Post story and didn’t see in the 3 photos published by them a SINGLE FUCKING CAN of INFANT FORMULA. These red-labeled cans are milk solids for toddlers and specifically indicate they are not for infants. Nestle does make a product called NAN that is infant formula, but I don’t see that in any of the photos. Nido can be found, in abundance, in the Hispanic sections of your local grocery stores… right by the Cafe Buestelo, Abuelita Chocolate, and those Virgin Mary glass candles.
I also noted that a few of the cans have Sharpie-printed “2020” on a few of them. Are these old pictures? Is our gov’t squandering our hard-earned taxpayer money on expired milk solid products for detained illegals? (a double whammy!)

In any case, the association of dried milk (and squeezie applesauce) being dumped on/provided to toddlers of detained border crossers, and the genuinely urgent shortages of baby formula (Similac and Enfamil) seem to be misplaced.

EDIT: I re-looked at the pictures… The squarish tubs labeled “Advantage” (between the squeezie applesauce) seem to be baby formula. It’s been 24 years since I’ve purchased any and didn’t recognize the label or brand. I still stand by assessment that pallets of Nido Toddler supplement are being misrepresented as infant formula solely for the purpose of stirring up some shit…

We’ve been sending them infant illegals because we have a baby formula shortage.

1 Like

5 Likes

Overturning roe vs Wade certainly won’t help the shortage either…

Still the right legal decision, so :man_shrugging:t2:.

1 Like

I think @Californiagrown has a good point.
Why overturn Roe v Wade if it doesn’t help the baby formula shortage?
I wonder how it might help the gasoline prices at the pump.

5 Likes

I think we should overturn everything and go to anarchy.

2 Likes

Increases prices because women have to road trip out of state instead of to their nearest planned Parenthood. Thus increasing demand/consumption.

I’m sure the blue states could use the additional revenue in “tourist” traffic. So there is that. Now there’s a paradox for the left.

Please don’t say that the government won’t subsidize their “vacation”