Orphaned Elephant Won't Leave Mother

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

No, you said cats are a menace to the environment because they kill animals.
My refutation was that dogs attack kids and is far worse.
Quit moving the goal posts.[/quote]

You’re still not making sense. Even if dogs are “worse” than cats, that isn’t a refutation of the assertion that cats kill native animals. Dogs = worse than cats therefore cats don’t kill native animals. See? See the nonsense? Of course you don’t.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

That night the cat showed up outside of the back door of the new house which it had never even been to.

[/quote]

There sure are a lot of 12 pound Orange Tabbies out there.

Sorry for being a pessimistic prick.[/quote]

I can’t tell if you’re joking or actually insinuating that my family wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between their cat (with collar) or any other cat that decided to make it’s home with my in laws.

Trust me, I was as surprised as you are. :slight_smile:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
How does a cat show its excitement. If cats are as sociable and integrated into the family as you suggest, how do these traits manifest themselves?[/quote]

Incessant purring and rubbing against your leg, mostly.

I’m not even a huge fan of cats, but you aren’t making much sense in this thread.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
How does a cat show its excitement. If cats are as sociable and integrated into the family as you suggest, how do these traits manifest themselves?[/quote]

I’m not even a huge fan of cats, but you aren’t making much sense in this thread. [/quote]

Lol! Cats rub against you as a means of declaring you their property.

“…as any spinster will tell you, a cat’s affection is obvious when its purring and rubbing its face and body against your leg. It’s like the animal is giving you a little kitty hug the only way it knows how!
The problem with that, though, is when cats rub up against their owners, it has nothing to do with affection at all, but instead is kitty’s way of claiming you as its property.”

http://www.cracked.com/article/226_6-adorable-cat-behaviors-with-shockingly-evil-explanations/

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

No, you said cats are a menace to the environment because they kill animals.
My refutation was that dogs attack kids and is far worse.
Quit moving the goal posts.[/quote]

You’re still not making sense. Even if dogs are “worse” than cats, that isn’t a refutation of the assertion that cats kill native animals. Dogs = worse than cats therefore cats don’t kill native animals. See? See the nonsense? Of course you don’t.[/quote]

I didn’t say that dogs are worse than cats, I showed you an example of a dog also being a menace to the environment.
I’ve had both (RIP), and I loved them both for their own unique personalities.
Very funny creatures.
I had a Keshond (sp?), pretty sure he was mixed but that’s what the seller said he was. Anyway, he’d get pretty awful gas once in awhile, and he’d have these super squeaky farts, but I don’t quite think he knew what he was doing.
So he’d have these smelly farts, and he’d start whiffing the air, and it was like he didn’t know where it came from, and he’d get this confused look on his face, like “wtf is that smell?!?”.

cracked.com as a reference LOL!

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

I’m not even a huge fan of cats, but you aren’t making much sense in this thread. [/quote]

“…as any spinster will tell you, a cat’s affection is obvious when its purring and rubbing its face and body against your leg. It’s like the animal is giving you a little kitty hug the only way it knows how!
The problem with that, though, is when cats rub up against their owners, it has nothing to do with affection at all, but instead is kitty’s way of claiming you as its property.”

http://www.cracked.com/article/226_6-adorable-cat-behaviors-with-shockingly-evil-explanations/
[/quote]

Lol at using cracked…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

Lol at using cracked…

[/quote]

Association of Animal Behaviour Professionals:

“Head-bumping may also be a display of social dominance, and cheek rubbing is often exhibited by a dominant cat towards a subordinate.”

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

Lol at using cracked…

[/quote]

“Head-bumping may also be a display of social dominance, and cheek rubbing is often exhibited by a dominant cat towards a subordinate.”[/quote]

Lol why not copy the actual relevant quote?

“The head bunting and cheek rubbing may be his way of communicating his dominance over me (also perhaps significant in his insistence on repeatedly parking himself in front of my computer screen no matter how many times I remove him and deposit him gently on the floor). And stretching up to put his paws on my knee? Gee, I donâ??t know… maybe Timmy really is in the well!”

A statement of opinion perhaps made in jest to uplift a long article is to be taken as proof?

I can easily post multiple links of opinions based on observation by supposed experts.

“Rubbing each other, especially flank rubbing (rubbing each other’s sides while passing), or rubbing on you while you are fixing a meal, are social behaviors. It is used for bonding and is also a sign of respect.”

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I can easily post multiple links of opinions based on observation by supposed experts.

“Rubbing each other, especially flank rubbing (rubbing each other’s sides while passing), or rubbing on you while you are fixing a meal, are social behaviors. It is used for bonding and is also a sign of respect.”[/quote]

Excuse me, SexMachine posted opinion first, so yours are invalid.
Try to not show up so late.
Early cat gets the bird, right?

Is that your expert opinion? :slight_smile:

I cry ery teim

I’m the world’s leading Catologist and all things Catology, don’t you dare question my authoritah!

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

Lol at using cracked…

[/quote]

“Head-bumping may also be a display of social dominance, and cheek rubbing is often exhibited by a dominant cat towards a subordinate.”[/quote]

Lol why not copy the actual relevant quote?

“The head bunting and cheek rubbing may be his way of communicating his dominance over me (also perhaps significant in his insistence on repeatedly parking himself in front of my computer screen no matter how many times I remove him and deposit him gently on the floor). And stretching up to put his paws on my knee? Gee, I donÃ?¢??t know… maybe Timmy really is in the well!”

A statement of opinion perhaps made in jest to uplift a long article is to be taken as proof?[/quote]

The quote is from the Wikipedia article on cat behaviour. And one can’t prove behavioural motivations.