Old School 2. (G1's Log.)

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:

My thinking on this log is to post lots of info stuff that i have lying around. After 25 years i should have some insight to offer.
[/quote]

THIS!!! [/quote]

YES!!!

This is fantastic, German! 2 pages in and chock full of info. Awesome!

Warm-up template makes complete sense. When I’m back in the swing of things I’ll be looking to incorporate some of that for sure.

Curious - what are some of your lifting goals? In other words, can you put your training into context? Are you going for strength? Conditioning? Tell me!!!

Also, how long are your training sesh’s taking? 90 sec rest between lifts on those combos is beastly! I almost died the other day supersetting cleans and pullups and there’s no way in hell I rested less than 2mins in between each set. Imma catch you tho! lol.

Great work in here, sir. Glad to have you logging again! I’ll be following along nod[/quote]

Lol Maschy…huge difference in the things i am combo and you. Your exercises are much tougher and will take more out of you!
Upper just some volume work, lower…get my squat/dead rolling. Maybe compete in may not sure. And got August in ink…fingers crossed. Sessions are really pretty short right now, maybe an hour but almost constant motion (at least for a power lifter). They’ll get longer here quickly.

[quote]Germanone wrote:

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Thanks Kimba and Kev. Really appreciate you guys/gals stopping by.
Kimba that avi is something else.
My thinking on this log is to post lots of info stuff that i have lying around. After 25 years i should have some insight to offer.
BTW Kev, amazing how D1 athletes take that stuff for granted then wish they would have soaked it in afterwards. But by the looks of your training i don’t believe you were one of those guys. I think you soaked in tons. [/quote]

G1 thanks I will take that as a HUGE compliment

I went to a D3 school with no weights
then two D1 programs with good S&C types

really coaches particularly wrestling feel that S&C work specifically in the weight room
was taking away from wrestling

we saw it as a necessary evil
really I just did not want to be the kid still using the PVC pipe or the tiny plates when the rest of my
team-mates had moved on
so I guess I was just doing what I needed to get back to practice

while redshirted and ‘injured’ I spent more time with those guys
and they helped me allot
my training now kind of mimics that time period

the second D1 guy and the Guys at the OTC
made it clear to be on top you had to do everything well
and gave me shit to do that really helped

I wish I took better notes, and paid more attention
then[/quote]

Which d1 school and which training center? Oh and years?[/quote]

89-91 SUNY morrisville D3 bullshit school
91 one semester Michigan State University
91-92 one year Syracuse
the winter semester was at colorado springs for about two months

Was Favre at the OTC then? S&c

Interesting article from Crain on technique. He was one of the all time greats in powerlifting.

http://www.crain.ws/advanced_powerlifting_techiques.html

[quote]Germanone wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:

[/quote]

THIS!!! [/quote]

Lol…not sure what this is though?[/quote]

Oh. Just another way to say I’m happy that you’ll be sharing more insight and info, stuff we can learn from.

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:

[/quote]

THIS!!! [/quote]

Lol…not sure what this is though?[/quote]

Oh. Just another way to say I’m happy that you’ll be sharing more insight and info, stuff we can learn from.[/quote]

Lol got it.

Thanks for dropping these nuggets of gold G1.

Ill see if i can keep throwing some stuff up.

Squat
505x1 415x5 medium wrap, old stretched out wraps and belt. Haven’t used reps since Aug 2009, if i remember right

Sn GR high pull
155/175/195/195 x5

Shrugs
405 455/505/505 x5

Step-ups
making glute/knee fire
45/4x10 E short rest

T-bar Strict
180/205/230/230 x5

Combo
SL ext 60/4x10
B ext 25/4x10 too light

Combo
Sl curl 50/4x10E
Heel raise 4x10

Ice knee

Damn nice squats. I see what you mean by getting more air in the chest.

Thanks. You’ll get it.
Also forgot the 505 was an x type wrap and the 415 was just a light/med mummy wrap

Dang fricken robot, rub that shit on me NOW! haha

Nice work G

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Was Favre at the OTC then? S&c [/quote]

Nice work on those Squats!!

No- he came later

we worked with a former Czech republic guy he was a javorek disciple
who was small like us - they divided us something like 150lbs and under

Thanks

Kb circuit
3 combos, 2 min each combo switching arms at 30 sec int. 30 sec rest between combo’s 4x through
Swing/clean
Press/high pull
Squat/snatch

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Thanks

Kb circuit
3 combos, 2 min each combo switching arms at 30 sec int. 30 sec rest between combo’s 4x through
Swing/clean
Press/high pull
Squat/snatch[/quote]

oh nice! I’m going to just write this down exactly as is and use it tomorrow. I’m so out of ideas with this effed-up-1980s-miami-condo-training. Lol!

Gracias!

Edit: minus the high pull of course. Big traps no bueno!!

[quote]Up wrote:
Dang fricken robot, rub that shit on me NOW! haha

Nice work G[/quote]

Thanks Up…lol…I am trying…ur squat is sooo close to what you want form wise!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Thanks

Kb circuit
Swing/clean
Press/high pull
Squat/snatch[/quote]

oh nice! I’m going to just write this down exactly as is and use it tomorrow. I’m so out of ideas with this effed-up-1980s-miami-condo-training. Lol!

Gracias!

Edit: minus the high pull of course. Big traps no bueno!! [/quote]

Maybe a SL rdl in place of the high pull? Have fun…it’s a tough one. I am sure you’ll kill it though.

Edit:incase you didn’t hear me the first time lol. Jk. Using phone and eff it up

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Thanks

Kb circuit
Swing/clean
Press/high pull
Squat/snatch[/quote]

Gracias!

Edit: minus the high pull of course. Big traps no bueno!! [/quote]

Maybe a SL rdl in place of the high pull? Have fun…it’s a tough one. I am sure you’ll kill it though.

[quote]Germanone wrote:

Edit:incase you didn’t hear me the first time lol. Jk. Using phone and eff it up[/quote]

HAHAH! Big man, little phone. Its bound to happen :wink:

SL Rdl it is! Thanks, German!

[quote]Germanone wrote:
Here is a link to a vid on how to set up for the squat (Siouxz Harwig). I think it is definitely worth watching.

Thanks for posting this. I watched it a few times before my leg session today. HUGE difference. Felt way tighter in all my sets and made heavy weight feel like nothing.

Your welcome. Glad it helped!