Official T-Nation Baseball Thread

[quote]concreteguy wrote:
Joe, I’ve got the stolen base category locked up since the Bowlturners uniform is just a pair of posing trunks.[/quote]

Can you imagine the slide burns with those? Not good times.

Kuz

[quote]Kuz wrote:
concreteguy wrote:
Joe, I’ve got the stolen base category locked up since the Bowlturners uniform is just a pair of posing trunks.

Can you imagine the slide burns with those? Not good times.

Kuz[/quote]

Oh bullshit.
The oil provides a nice frictionless surface to glide on.
Don’t you guys know anything?

Just a reminder - I will set the ‘Draft Status’ to Ready tonight.

I originally stated that I would do so right befroe I went to bed. However sisnce I am so far behind at work, going to bed may not be doable tonight.

I will set it to ready tonight at 10:00 PM CST.

FYI - I set the draft order so that I get the first 25 picks, then it will be a random draft after that.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Just a reminder - I will set the ‘Draft Status’ to Ready tonight.

I originally stated that I would do so right befroe I went to bed. However sisnce I am so far behind at work, going to bed may not be doable tonight.

I will set it to ready tonight at 10:00 PM CST.

FYI - I set the draft order so that I get the first 25 picks, then it will be a random draft after that.[/quote]

well…I think that you as commish should get something for your trouble, but 25 seems like a lot. I’d be willing for you to get the first 5 picks though.
Does this mean we’ll know in the morning, I assume?

The info I read says that once you set it to ready, the draft will occur anywhere from 1-48 hours later.

All I can say is that it will happen somewhere between tonight at 11p.m. CST and 10pm Tuesday night.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The info I read says that once you set it to ready, the draft will occur anywhere from 1-48 hours later.

All I can say is that it will happen somewhere between tonight at 11p.m. CST and 10pm Tuesday night.[/quote]

Well I can’t wait for Tuesday. Forget. Call the whole thing off.

!

S’kay

You have less than an hour and a half before I set the draft status to ready. FYI.

Okie-dokie folks. I don’t know when the draft will occur, but it will be anytime between now and Tuesday night.

I’m ready to play. Check that - I’m ready to win this thang.

The draft is over!

I got my guys, and all I can say is ya’ll are screwed.

Now that the draft is over, would anyone care to share their predraft strategy?

I picked all my a favorite players, and then picked some people I knew were good and excluded one player who I hate.
A-Rod.

Some strategy, huh?
Now I’ve got a first basemen who can hit like a motherfucker but I hope he’s got a wiiiiiide glove.
Ortiz.

Now that the draft is over, would anyone care to share their predraft strategy?[/quote]

My draft strategy: Move a buch of players that I wanted up in the draft. Get one of them. Find out that either a lot of people think like me, or, this being the deepest league that I’ve ever played in doesn’t leave many players. Cry. Dole out massive quantities of clear and cream to my team. Win the supps with the most mediocre fantasy draft that I have ever had.

That’s it- in a nutshell.

Shit.

Yeah, my strategy seemed similar to Mica’s…

I’ll have to pour over who I got when I have some time later, but at first glance, it seems rather discrepant from my list. We shall see.

-FC

doesn’t matter. I’ve got a great smallball team with some good pitching and a really good clean up hitter.
Weider Principle #3,567: I will kick your asses with my team.
I’ve got my free Spike, Low-Carb Grow! and Surge all picked out. And! By the time this is over, Carbolin-19 will be out!

Who wound up with Manny Ramirez?

Allright –

I’m in the market for someone with some saves – an actual closer. All reasonable offers will be considered. Unreasonable offers will result in a virtual atomic wedgie.

JNG wound up with Manny Ramirez.

What do the numbers in the waiver colunm mean?

I’m fairly happy with my guys. I think that, because of the size of the league, there are a lot of marginal players that will need to step up.

Who wound up with the closer from the Dodgers, what’s this nams - Gagne?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
JNG wound up with Manny Ramirez.

What do the numbers in the waiver colunm mean?

I’m fairly happy with my guys. I think that, because of the size of the league, there are a lot of marginal players that will need to step up.

Who wound up with the closer from the Dodgers, what’s this nams - Gagne? [/quote]

The waiver numbers mean what rank you have to choose a player off of waivers. It’s an inverse to the number of your draft order (eg drafted first, waiver 20).
If I understood that correctly.

I swear it’s flax oil got gagne.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Allright –

I’m in the market for someone with some saves – an actual closer. All reasonable offers will be considered. Unreasonable offers will result in a virtual atomic wedgie.[/quote]

I’ve got a few closers on my team, maybe some excess to trade.

Now that the draft is over, would anyone care to share their predraft strategy?[/quote]

Well, as I found out, if you don’t have one, you get stuck with Bonds.

:stuck_out_tongue: