Obama's Radical Background.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Any orginization, school, company, that doesn’t allow/benefit every race is racist. My favorite are scholorships for only black and hispanic studnets. Tell me those aren’t racist. All this financial aid because your black is fucking unfair, and the funniest part is if there was an orginization that only helped white people, it would be completely dissed by the Sharptons and Jackson, and would absolutely be considered racist. Again white people can be racist, but everyone else is just standing up to the white man and in fact are just as racist if not more.

Well you can kiss the days of sharpton & jackson goodbye. And to your last point, white people aren’t hurt by racism the way blacks are. White’s need to wake up to this fact. I don’t care if you’re a white immigrant with no ties to slavery or what. It’s still a fact for our black brothers and sisters that they are made to feel like niggers at some points in their lives. All those generations of government sanctioned mistreatment toward blacks just ended. And the real hillbilly racists are still fighting for the cause! Did you ever stop and think that the last slaves died in the 1950’s? That means some people here and probably everyone here’s parents were old enough to know an actual slave… It’s gonna take time for blacks to really trust society. I hope it’s doesn’t take long though…

If anything good comes from Obama’s election it will he every single little black kid seeing a president on TV that looks like them and knowing that their skin color isn’t holding them back. Obama may be many things I don’t like. But he really is a symbol of hope for black kids IMO. He could do more in eight years as president than I could do as a teacher for 30 years.[/quote]

You are living in a dream world if you don’t think everyone is affected by racism. My dad lost his first career job out of college to affirmative action. His boss actually told him that they were getting a tax break by replacing him with a less qualified minority. Not only is there no legal reprise for that, it’s the law that instigated it and the same goes for school admittance.

I lived in Mississippi the past 3 years in a town that is majority African American. It was unsafe for me to leave some the “designated white” areas. I actually had kids run out in front of me, force me to stop, and yell at me to go back where I came from with my terrified girlfriend in the car. Only to go home to see guys on TV like David Chapel mocking my race.

In that town you would see minorities at all the local hangouts (not saying I have any problem with this, some where my good friends) but there were several places where whites weren’t allowed in.

Does this compare in some way to the hardships of slavery, and the racist widespread of opinions of rednecks everywhere? Probably not. But it is ignorant to think everyone isn’t affected, or that it all goes one way.

My problem With groups like the NAACP is that their end goal should be to no longer be needed. They also use racism to fight racism.

I also don’t think Obama getting to where he is has really proved anything. Race, whether voting for or against him, is still too large an issue. I think that if a minority were to succeed in politics without anyone noticing, it would go a long way to proving something.

I agree with this

But it’s worth pointing out that America as a nation is pretty far away from that. The first time it happens it’s gonna get noticed, and then later once it becomes routine it will… stop appearing newsworthy (kinda the point of being routine, I guess).

I do not think the plethora of scholarships for minority students is racist. Minorities, specifically blacks, have faced discrimination for centuries, and this has severely curtailed their economic potential. Put bluntly, black kids do not have the same opportunities white kids have, even adjusted for socioeconomic status. I see that inequality of opportunity as wrong, and I support measures to right that wrong.

Especially when someone else is paying for it. I mean, these are private scholarships we’re talking about here.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

You are living in a dream world if you don’t think everyone is affected by racism. My dad lost his first career job out of college to affirmative action. His boss actually told him that they were getting a tax break by replacing him with a less qualified minority. Not only is there no legal reprise for that, it’s the law that instigated it and the same goes for school admittance.

I lived in Mississippi the past 3 years in a town that is majority African American. It was unsafe for me to leave some the “designated white” areas. I actually had kids run out in front of me, force me to stop, and yell at me to go back where I came from with my terrified girlfriend in the car. Only to go home to see guys on TV like David Chapel mocking my race.

In that town you would see minorities at all the local hangouts (not saying I have any problem with this, some where my good friends) but there were several places where whites weren’t allowed in.

Does this compare in some way to the hardships of slavery, and the racist widespread of opinions of rednecks everywhere? Probably not. But it is ignorant to think everyone isn’t affected, or that it all goes one way.

My problem With groups like the NAACP is that their end goal should be to no longer be needed. They also use racism to fight racism.

I also don’t think Obama getting to where he is has really proved anything. Race, whether voting for or against him, is still too large an issue. I think that if a minority were to succeed in politics without anyone noticing, it would go a long way to proving something.[/quote]

I’m sorry about your dad, but as far as colleges go, apparently Asians are the ones that lose out. Without AA the number of blacks would go down, whites would stay the same, and asians would go up. I forgot about latinos.

Anyway, the goal should be to bring everyone into the larger society, but if blacks don’t feel accepted, it’s not gonna happen. AA and the NAACP won’t help, I agree. There needs to be a charismatic individual that shows the whole community that it can be done. No preaching, etc…

[quote]Otep wrote:
I agree with this
I think that if a minority were to succeed in politics without anyone noticing, it would go a long way to proving something.

But it’s worth pointing out that America as a nation is pretty far away from that. The first time it happens it’s gonna get noticed, and then later once it becomes routine it will… stop appearing newsworthy (kinda the point of being routine, I guess).

I do not think the plethora of scholarships for minority students is racist. Minorities, specifically blacks, have faced discrimination for centuries, and this has severely curtailed their economic potential. Put bluntly, black kids do not have the same opportunities white kids have, even adjusted for socioeconomic status. I see that inequality of opportunity as wrong, and I support measures to right that wrong.

Especially when someone else is paying for it. I mean, these are private scholarships we’re talking about here.[/quote]

The point is you can’t draw a line of opportunity strictly on race.

For instance, the town I lived in had an offer from a guy who wanted to build a Lows. This however was stopped by a city council, majority African America, because the owner was white. That is the reason they gave the public. They would only have allowed a minority to build one. In a town that didn’t really even have a lumber store, how does that make any sense? Who did that help? There wasn’t a minority offer to build anything, so now the whole town has nothing. Does that in some way compensate for minorities not getting some opportunities due to racism?

All of these reasons played a large factor in me leaving.

As far as things like scholarships go, why not make them for the less fortunate? Since there are many less fortunate minorities, they would still get a good share of them, but now you don’t exclude a less fortunate white child.

There are still a larger number of poor white people than poor black people in this country, though the percentage is less.

[quote] doubleduce wrote:
The point is you can’t draw a line of opportunity strictly on race.

For instance, the town I lived in had an offer from a guy who wanted to build a Lows. This however was stopped by a city council, majority African America, because the owner was white. That is the reason they gave the public.

They would only have allowed a minority to build one. In a town that didn’t really even have a lumber store, how does that make any sense? Who did that help? There wasn’t a minority offer to build anything, so now the whole town has nothing. Does that in some way compensate for minorities not getting some opportunities due to racism? [/quote]

No, that’s retarded. The city council is retarded, unless there was information that you failed to mention here. Something like them having an incentive to encourage minority small businesses. Like federal funds for affirmative action.

And a hispanic couple being six months away from opening a lumber shop. Not saying that’s what happened, but I think human stupidity is responsible for more damage than human evil.

Many need-based scholarships do not take race into account, and are therefore exactly what you’re talking about.

Others are specifically promoted to help black kids. This is to help rectify systemic discrimination minority communities have suffered. Also, most of these (all that I’m aware of, though that’s not an exhaustive list) are private. Who are you to say what they do with their money?

Lastly, you can draw a line of opportunity strictly on race. Black people specifically face stronger prison sentences, have more difficulties getting loans, and go to worse primary and secondary schools than whites even after adjusting for income level. The disadvantage is real.

It seems though that you came from a small town in the south where this wasn’t the case (or at least you didn’t see a whole lot of it). I’ve lived in big cities all my life. There appears to be a difference. That may explain our opposing views.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

Well you can kiss the days of sharpton & jackson goodbye. And to your last point, [b]white people aren’t hurt by racism the way blacks are. White’s need to wake up to this fact. I don’t care if you’re a white immigrant with no ties to slavery or what.

It’s still a fact for our black brothers and sisters that they are made to feel like niggers at some points in their lives[/b]. All those generations of government sanctioned mistreatment toward blacks just ended.

And the real hillbilly racists are still fighting for the cause! Did you ever stop and think that the last slaves died in the 1950’s? That means some people here and probably everyone here’s parents were old enough to know an actual slave…

It’s gonna take time for blacks to really trust society. I hope it’s doesn’t take long though…

If anything good comes from Obama’s election it will he every single little black kid seeing a president on TV that looks like them and knowing that their skin color isn’t holding them back.

Obama may be many things I don’t like. But he really is a symbol of hope for black kids IMO. He could do more in eight years as president than I could do as a teacher for 30 years.[/quote]

God I hope they fire you as a teacher. You are a racist, I think your just blind to it. =D “I don’t care about white people, but black people, that’s a whole different story”.

“You can be racist to a white person thats fine, they aren’t hurt by it. But if your racist to a black or hispanic person, THATS JUST WRONG!”

This is what I took away from your post.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Just because these kids parents and grandparents suffered doesn’t mean they deserve more than I, as a white kid, do. From my experience, the majority deserve less, they feel entitled (I think this has been talked about before) because “their people suffered” when they haven’t suffered.

There are many black kids at my school who are in the easiest classes making horrible grades, they come from better neighborhoods, more affluent families, but they think they are entitled.

Their parents worked and suffered at the hands of discrimination, but just even bump into a black person, you’re a racist, I saw a white kid get beaten to a pulp because he accidentally skipped a guy trying to pay for his lunch… he was deaf and didn’t hear the guy yelling at him, about 5 guys jumped him. I could go on and on with this shit.

But this has gone from obama to racist scholarships to anti-white racism…

McCain’s campaign seems to pick the stuff that can be defended the least, rather than all the real stuff that he could try.

[quote]mattchew wrote:
I saw a white kid get beaten to a pulp because he accidentally skipped a guy trying to pay for his lunch… he was deaf and didn’t hear the guy yelling at him, about 5 guys jumped him. I could go on and on with this shit.
[/quote]

Jeese man I hoped you helped the poor kid. There are a few things I can’t stand, first when someone beats on or takes advantage of the handicap, maybe because my sister is mentally disabled I feel more sympathy, but lord knows what I’d do to anybody that laid a hand or mistreated her and that goes for anyone who is handicap and I see being beat on.

Second is somebody harrassing or hurting one of my family members, I’d destroy the person. Third is a man beating a women, I’ll kick a mother fuckers ass in a heart beat. Forth is a bully or a group of bullies, anyone who picks on the weak is a pussy and deserves an ass whooping.

Last is a coward, somoeone who just watches someone defenseless get beat, they’re just as guilty as the attacker in my opinion unless a lethal weapon is involved. Then Run. I’m fortunate enough that I can very much so handle myself and feel that it’s my God given right to help those who need help.