Obama is a Cheapskate

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
Conservatives complaining about someone being a cheapskate… funny.

Since I am more generous than Obama at similar income levels I have every right to call him a cheapskate.[/quote]

Not really. What someone chooses to do with their own money is their own business. Unless, of course, you’re a liberal, and believe that money you earn belongs ‘back’ in the system.

Now, there is a weak argument to be made over Obama’s personal financial decisions as a potential indicator for decisions he may or may not make as president. It’s not much, but if you’d care to make it, go ahead.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
Conservatives complaining about someone being a cheapskate… funny.

Since I am more generous than Obama at similar income levels I have every right to call him a cheapskate.

Not really. What someone chooses to do with their own money is their own business. Unless, of course, you’re a liberal, and believe that money you earn belongs ‘back’ in the system.

Now, there is a weak argument to be made over Obama’s personal financial decisions as a potential indicator for decisions he may or may not make as president. It’s not much, but if you’d care to make it, go ahead.[/quote]

He has every right to be a cheapskate. Just keep it in mind when he pretends to be compassionate. Realize that evil conservatives are actually more compassionate and generous.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Conservatives complaining about someone being a cheapskate… funny.[/quote]

Perhaps witty, but your sarcasm is misguided:

Philanthropy Expert: Conservatives Are More Generous
By Frank Brieaddy

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Syracuse University professor Arthur C. Brooks is about to become the darling of the religious right in America – and it’s making him nervous.

The child of academics, raised in a liberal household and educated in the liberal arts, Brooks has written a book that concludes religious conservatives donate far more money than secular liberals to all sorts of charitable activities, irrespective of income.

Full story:

MORE:
San Francisco is a much bigger and richer city, and relatively few people attend church. It is also known as a very liberal place, and since liberals are said to “care more” about the poor, you might assume people in San Francisco would give a lot.

But the idea that liberals give more is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above-average percentage of their income, all but one (Maryland) were red – conservative – states in the last presidential election.

“When you look at the data,” says Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks, “it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money.”

Story Link:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

LOL!![/quote]

That is, of course, what is going on. Such a normal explanation won’t square with your “victim” narrative that you love so much, but it’s true.

During the nomination process, no one was interested in prying into Obama’s background. The Rezko affair was barely touched and the mainstream media offered little but glowing reviews of Obama’s awesomeness.

That changed when the field narrowed. Obama is getting the normal vetting that other candidates are - it’s just happening, essentially, all at once.

I realize that you would prefer that we all just leave Obama alone, that he deserves some privileged status. He doesn’t. His associations, his past political experience, his record - all need to be scrubbed.

Try something - anything - other than pulling the “Obama’s critics have a sinister motive…maybe…racism?”. It’s tired, it’s cheap, it’s lazy, and it shows a lack of taking the political process seriously.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
Man I fucking hate old people.
[/quote]

Old people piss me off because they are too slow. When I go shopping, I like to be in and out. But there are always old people who just stand there in the middle of the aisle, staring at a can of tomato paste for like 20 minutes! I mean, what is so captivating about a can of tomato paste? UGH. It is just so aggravating. Now I just ram their carts out of the way. Sometimes I will push their carts all the way down to the end of the aisle, that way when they are done staring at that can of garbanzo beans, they wont know where their cart is and totally freak out!

Old people need to stop driving. I can’t even count how many times I have almost been in a collision because old people somehow forgot how to use their turn signal, or because they simply forgot how to drive altogether. I really think that something should be done about old people and driving. It needs to stop. No more old drivers.

Old people also smell really funny. Like an old smell, kind of like death and feet and old furniture. I was at easter dinner at my moms last week, and her husband’s mom was there. She is like a thousand years old and needs an oxygen tank. God this woman was making me sick. I am trying to eat, and she is sitting at the table wheezing, and breathing all heavy, and she smells like gross old stink. I just had to stop eating because she was making me sick. And she would try and jion the conversation, and when she talks spittle would fly out of her old mouth all over everything. It was so disgusting.

Old people also don’t know what they are talking about half the time. It’s like they get confused, and forget the point they were trying to make, so they change the entire subject/story. This really frustrates me, because they get upset when you try to make them stay on subject. Like it is some really big deal. I was at the store yesterday, looking at this beer that is only brewed during the spring, and this old couple asks me: “Tell me what is that there?” and I tell them that it is a seasonal beer. “Oh, yeah, I wonder what that is there? Do you know?” and I repeat, “It is a beer that is only brewed during the spring. It is a hot seller right now, it was in the paper yesterday”. “Oh yeah, well the snow still hasn’t melted, you know?” and then the wife mumbles something, she looked really upset, I just want to leave, so I say “Well, you know, if they called them sad meals, no one would buy them!” and I just walked away.

Uh, yeah.

Maybe Obama’s idea of charity was to pay more taxes than necessary…

Another deduction from the Obamas’ tax returns:

[i]Political Diary
Where Does Obama Invest His Money?
March 27, 2008 10:26 p.m.

Barack Obama gave a major economic speech Thursday in New York, where the financial markets have been rattled in recent weeks, to put it mildly. That makes it all the more curious that Mr. Obama’s tax returns, which he released this week, apparently show that he and his wife Michelle have next to no stake in the investor class.

Ryan Ellis of the American Shareholders Association has examined the Obama returns for calendar years 2001 to 2006 and found that, in all of those years, the couple reported a mere $1,188 in dividends in 2006 and another $2,754 in dividends in 2005. In the previous years, they reported no dividends of any kind.

Indeed, even though Michelle Obama had income from the University of Chicago’s Hospital System that exceeded $1 million during the period the tax returns were filed, she appears to have neither a 401(k) plan nor an IRA for retirement contributions. In another sign the Obama household wasn’t into building a nest egg, the couple cashed out $6,260 from a pension or 401(k) plan in 2000.

Given all this, Mr. Ellis asks why the Senator is so “hell-bent on pursuing punitive taxes on capital that would wreck America’s retirement savings?” His answer: Perhaps it’s “because, by and large, he doesn’t have any skin in the game.”[/i]