Nordic Blood: Climbing And Lifting / Lifting And Climbing

Hm, so, here are some intermediary notes of mine. Note that I haven’t transcribed everything that was in the image in the link (Questions on your 2A Programming Recommendation) but rather these are the things that I cared enough to note down.

A1

Similar movement pattern to the main lift. Focus on explosion and potentiation. Meaning we end up with something like,

Squat: Power Snatch from blocks (@colm_rigney sorry colm, I prefer snatch with squats and cleans with DLs)
Deadlift: Power clean from blocks (from blocks is more explosive)
Military Press: Push-press (strength-speed)
Bench Press: Plyo push-up (reactive) or speed benches (strength-speed, 70-80% of working weight, 5 reps)

A2

Muscular activation for a key muscle in the main lift. It says you can use a muscular loading scheme or method here. I’m more inclined to opt for a training method here to keep things simple. Probably superslow reps for me.

B1

ACC

Neuromuscular: either a loading schema that is oriented as such, and there waves/asc. pyramids are my favourites. I guess as far as methods go, one alternative would be starting in the neural rep range (<5), and ending in the muscular range (<20)? Effectively a desc. pyramid?

I did a workout once that had,
15/12/8/20, for squats and
12/10/8/15 for RDLs
which is a pattern I’d like to revisit. Would only work with back squats though… might be worth using for B2 during ACC.

INT

Neurohybrid… Ah, I don’t know. I’m guessing that, since the guideline for the lift is either neurological heavy or neurolical explosive that a hybrid means combining the two somehow. I don’t have any fancy weight releasers, or a training partner so maybe like an extreme drop set (start heavy ~90%, and then drop to a weight where you can be explosive). Another idea I guess is using a star complex: 6 Weeks to Superhero but they are a slaughterhouse (and demands occupying a lot of equipment)

B2

Antagonist to B1, muscular (ACC), neuromuscular loading (INT), neuromuscular loading (REA, less volume). Maybe use clusters and rest-pause for B1 to move heavier weights and really emphasize the neuro aspect and then use asc. pyramids/waves here (INT, REA).

Don’t really have anything worth writing down regarding C1/C2 that isn’t covered already.