Nick and Jessica; BAM!

[quote]DAN C wrote:
slimjim wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
I think that we’ve debated this on this site before…

Jessica is a VERY astute buisness woman…and has good buisness people around her…

Mufasa

How fucking astute do you have to be to realize that big tits and a tight ass will make you a star?

Somewhere down the line, IQ (or BQ - Business Quotient) is needed to keep the myth alive. If that were not the case, America would be full of stars. It`s not like big tits and tight asses are a rarity in a land of 200+ million people. My guess is that JS is like Adam Sandler: deliberately dumb, and smart enough to make millions out of it.[/quote]

Granted, but a more astute business women are Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, or Joan Cusack cause they made it without the window dressing…those are some ugly bitches. But for every one of those celebrities, there are a hundred of other celebrities who rely on their looks much like Jessica Simpson to get them where they are. How cute would her stupidity be if it were some ugly fatass prancing around wondering about the chicken in her tuna can? The best statement you can make is that she made the most out of what she had, but astute business woman she is not.

If they’re all so stupid, what do we call the people that pay to see and hear them?

Men.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Granted, but a more astute business women are Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, or Joan Cusack cause they made it without the window dressing…those are some ugly bitches. But for every one of those celebrities, there are a hundred of other celebrities who rely on their looks much like Jessica Simpson to get them where they are. How cute would her stupidity be if it were some ugly fatass prancing around wondering about the chicken in her tuna can? The best statement you can make is that she made the most out of what she had, but astute business woman she is not.[/quote]

You consider Celine Dione an astute business woman? If it weren’t for Titanic, we would have quit making fun of her ten years ago thus eliminating any celebrity she had left. It does take good business sense to remain in the public eye for more than a month and make a few millions. Let’s face it, her titties are damn near perfect and she knows how to throw them in your face without losing their novelty. That takes skill. I think you underestimate the talent involved in being a sex object that guys don’t get bored with by the next issue of Hustler.

Honestly, if you had a choice between her and Ms. Spears, who would you pick?

I personally would go for Beyonce.

Guys, guys . . . She’s got a father who is her manager/career-builder, who has essentially made all of the relevant business decisions in her life. This is the case with many, many stars. They’re not necessarily any more talented and/or better looking than most of the other wannabe stars (although Jessica is better looking), nor are they necessarily smarter. They just have great management and PR people.

Jessica does not “fake” being dumb. It is not possible to fake the fact that you don’t know that buffalo wings are not made of buffalo, or that Chicken of the Sea is actually tuna and not chicken, and then look (and be) truly, utterly befuddled. Poor Nick has to literally drag her kicking and screaming through life, explaining to her at every step of the way exactly where, why and how he’s dragging her. “Now I’m dragging you by your feet because it’s easier this way, as it allows me to have a good grip on you while giving you a good, smooth dragging surface – your ass.”

She’s dumber than dumb. So is Brittany, so is Ashley, etc. Some entertainers are genuinely smart and shrewd. These are dumb. Make no mistake.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I personally would go for Beyonce.
[/quote]

Seconded, I like her voice better and she moves well when she sings.

Jessica has those Joe Cocker-ish siezures when she sings.

All in all though, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Nick and Jessica’s rendition.

Good thread to start. Not so now. What’s stupid is arguing over whether or not Jessica Simpson is stupid.

About Celine Dion … shes Rene Angelils puppet. Take Angelil out of the equation and there would be no Celine. Hes the business mastermind in this case. Shes just the puppet. Although a very rich one now.

[quote]rich503 wrote:

Her stupid sister who has sold how many millions of albums now? And has made how much money? Look it up; I am willing to bet that both of these “stupid girls” could buy everything you own in a single check and not even have to touch their investments.

[/quote]

I never said they weren’t rich. I said they were dumb. If you’re trying to imply that being rich proves you’re intelligent then I really don’t have anything else to say to you.

[quote]Mediated Life wrote:

But, I also do think Britney Spears is even dumber than she lets others know.

[/quote]

Ha! Great line!

Wow!

Talk about “Hijack!”

Anyway…I was impressed with Nick and Jessica’s rendition of “America the Beautiful”…

Now…to get back “off” track…

You guys forgot probably two of the most astute buisness woman of them all (in entertainment)…Oprah…and the “Material Girl” herself…Madonna…

Pretty darn smart if you ask me!

Mufasa

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
rich503 wrote:

Her stupid sister who has sold how many millions of albums now? And has made how much money? Look it up; I am willing to bet that both of these “stupid girls” could buy everything you own in a single check and not even have to touch their investments.

I never said they weren’t rich. I said they were dumb. If you’re trying to imply that being rich proves you’re intelligent then I really don’t have anything else to say to you.
[/quote]

When you make your own money (manger or not) and are very smart with your public image…yes you are smart! Are you kidding?? Lets do a study “Cap”…self-made money and how it correlates to IQ…I wonder what the results would be? I’m very appy you have nothing else to say to me…I guess you are just too smart for Jessica and everyone else. What is it that makes you so intelligent?

[quote]Damici wrote:
Jessica does not “fake” being dumb. It is not possible to fake the fact that you don’t know that buffalo wings are not made of buffalo, or that Chicken of the Sea is actually tuna and not chicken, and then look (and be) truly, utterly befuddled. Poor Nick has to literally drag her kicking and screaming through life, explaining to her at every step of the way exactly where, why and how he’s dragging her. “Now I’m dragging you by your feet because it’s easier this way, as it allows me to have a good grip on you while giving you a good, smooth dragging surface – your ass.”
[/quote]

Im just curious... did you see it with your own eyes our are you re-telling what the media already said? And if it comes from the media, how can you be sure its not staged? After all, people love actors … they give them millions each year. Maybe she is genuinely dumb. But how could you be sure it`s not a well rehearsed scene, that every one talks about…

dumb…smart… whatever, what we can all agree on is that she is definately HOTT

I don’t know any guy who wouldn’t like to look at her naked.

On the female end of it. My before “Newlyweds” impression of him was as a pretty boy/metrosexual. After watching “Newlyweds”, he proved my opinion wrong. He’s like a regular, normal guy…definitely not Metrosexual. Case in point: The episode where Nick and his brother tried to re-landscape the lot of his house, he wanted to do it himself by hand. He’s a wealthy pop star and could have hired someone. Also, Jessica in the Louis Vuitton store buying expensive handbags and Nick scratching his head asking why she needs yet another overpriced handbag to sit in her closet. He’s exactly like my dad! Nick won my respect by being so grounded. And nice to see that success and fame hasn’t made him a prissy boy. Don’t ever change, Nick.

Jessica is immensely talented, regardless of the fact that she’s drop dead beautiful, she still has an awesome voice and is a magnetic entertainer. Just the same as Brittney, Christina, Barbara Streisand, Beyonce, Madonna, J-Lo…they have creative talent and are immensely entertaining. Also, they got lucky in the entertainment business by being the small, miniscule percentage of talented individuals who actually make it that far…luck is a huge factor. I think business acumen isn’t as much a requirement of this kind of success as much as talent, entertainment value, hard work and luck.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Mufasa…

[quote]DAN C wrote:
Damici wrote:

Im just curious... did you see it with your own eyes our are you re-telling what the media already said? And if it comes from the media, how can you be sure its not staged? After all, people love actors … they give them millions each year. Maybe she is genuinely dumb. But how could you be sure it`s not a well rehearsed scene, that every one talks about…
[/quote]

I have seen it on TV with my own eyes, if that’s what you mean. Can I be sure it’s not all a staged show? Of course not. But on the show, if we are to take even bits and pieces of it to be real, she is befuddled by even the smallest of details sometimes. I’ll put it this way: If the show is not completely staged (and I personally doubt that it is), then she’s dumb as a doornail.

What I do NOT see any evidence of is anything WHATSOEVER to validate the assertions of those who claim that she’s actually really smart and is acting dumb on purpose so as to make the show popular and gain a following, thereby making piles of money. If anyone can show me one SHRED of evidence that that’s what she’s doing, or that she’s smart – even one little “smart moment,” anywhere – perhaps I’ll believe them. Until then . . . dumb as stone.