New Deadlift Suit Questions

Hi guys, I’m new to deadlift suits and I had a few questions.

First of all, I bought an Inzer Z-Suit (Size 34) and it’s tight as all hell. I understand the suits are supposed to be extremely tight; but I mean, there is absolutely no way I can even get this past my knees. The chart on the Inzer website says that this should be my size since I’m 200 lbs:

HARDCORE, MAX DL AND Z-SUITS
bodyweight ? size

84-97 lbs ? 26
97-110 lbs ? 27
110-123 lbs ? 28
123-138 lbs ? 29
138-158 lbs ? 30
158-170 lbs ? 31
170-185 lbs ? 32
185-195 lbs ? 33
195-210 lbs ? 34
210-235 lbs ? 35
235-250 lbs ? 36
250-275 lbs ? 37
275-285 lbs ? 38
285-300 lbs ? 39
300-320 lbs ? 40

Is there some way to stretch this out? Someone told me to inflate a basketball in the suit and leave it there for a while.

If anyone else has had a similar problem, should I go to a 36? 38? Also, does anyone have any other cheap deadlift suit recommendations for a 200lber?

Call Inzer. They seem to be very helpful as far as sizing and customer service goes.

Do you pull conventional or sumo?

Im guessing you pull sumo since you bought a z-suit. I pull in my Metal Viking V-Type and get a substantial amount of pop off of the floor with it. While not exactly “cheap”, I’m going to recommend Metal since that is what I am most familiar with.

As far as cheap goes, you really do get what you pay for. I haven’t talked to anyone who particularly liked their z-suit…at least anyone who had used any of Titan or Metal’s stuff.

Get some suit slippers or use garbage bags on your legs. That will make the entire process much easier.

Not trying to be a dick, but z-suits are junk. They sell because people think they are going to get something out of a cheap suit. If money is a concern, search ebay on a daily basis, you’ll find something.

And yes, suits should fit really tight if you want to get the most out of them. It will probably take 30 minutes or longer to get on, and it will probably take 2 or 3 guys to help.

You can always get a size up or two if you want, but you will lose carryover.

Monopoly

My first deadlift suit was a Champion- very similar legs to Z-suit. Suit slippers help, so does talc, but mostly it takes patience. This is like slipping it in a girl’s ass. It will take a little doing and might take a couple tries. The material will stretch significantly with the first couple uses.

Expect a band of bruising around each thigh. FWIW, my champion was an OK suit (I pull conventional) for $40. I was every bit as good as the Titan DL suit or a Max DL.

My deadlift suit recommendation is either a Metal Deadlifter or an old Marathon DL suit (haven’t been made in years- but occassionally one comes up for sale on Ebay)