Never Walk Alone

You can’t just say “Brazilian Butt Workout” and leave it. What IS IT? Butt obsessed peoples want to know!

I like curried eggplant :slight_smile:

I like football, because America’s “football” consists of holding the ball in your hands! Ugh, it’s frustrating.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
You can’t just say “Brazilian Butt Workout” and leave it. What IS IT? Butt obsessed peoples want to know![/quote]

Ditto!!! I want a Brazilian Butt…

Mainy - A “disco nap” is a nap you take before hitting the disco!

Lol! I see we have mixed reviews on the eggplant. Owlie, I actually get rid of the bitter taste by salting the eggplant and letting it sit for a good 45mins. So basically I cube the eggplant, salt it, let it sit in a collander then rinse off the salt and bitter water - roast w/ olive oil, salt pepper and spices. Top off w greek yogurt. Delicioso!

Kimba and Greenie, the Brazillian Butt Workout is a high rep butt workout that consists of 5 exercises, 25 reps each. All done on the knees, one leg first then the other - fire hydrants, heels to heaven, see-saw, knee to elbow kick backs, side circle (if these names mean anything). I also put on a 5lb ankle weight for added fun!

Since the hammie has been feeling so good, yesterday I opted out of the long walk and tried some more aggressive stuff before hitting pilates.

First jump rope and warm up
Then to wash away the sins of the night I did this little complex I got off a rec from Nikki’s log: Erring on the side of caution - 3x6x25 (except the push press I used 15)

Dumbbell Upright Row
Dumbbell High Pull Snatch
Dumbbell Squat Push Press
Dumbbell Bent Over Row
Dumbbell High Pull Snatch

http://www.istvanjavorek.com/id6.html < orig source

I’m trying to bring out me lats (you know, to make a waist), so I did some assisted WG pullups and a few sets of these rope lat pulldowns. Nikki you might like these. Serious pump.

Today I have PT, so that will dictate what tonight’s workout will be. I think it will be a few more days before I can do any weight bearing lower body work, but I’m glad I can get some of these complexes in. I’ve been feeling shlumpy (sp?) since I haven’t been able to run around and stuff, plus believe it or not, i haven’t been moderating my diet AT ALL. ugh! But i’m trying not to stress about anything. My hormones are a mess, my period is a good 5 days late, i’m on the mend…i figure i have some caloric lee-way.

Happy Monday people :slight_smile:

I do the rope lat pulldowns; I saw an article of CT doing them kneeling though so I’ll bee making that change. I need WINGS like Red Bull dammit :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet complex. Well, I’m sure it didn’t feel sweet, but it sure looks killer sweet.

It’s hard to change your diet from more to less activity, so I hear you on not changing yours.
Therefore I grant you caloric lee-way :wink:

Hey Masch, hope you heal up and are back to 100% soon, that way you can make a video showing us exactly what your Brazilian Butt Workout looks like :smiley:

Do you like okra?

And re: the eggplant salting/washing thing…

You can do something similar to raw onion, if you were looking to eat it (in a sandwich or as a garnish). If it’s an onion that has a “bite,” soak it in water for an hour. If you leave it a bit longer and change the water at least once along the way, you’ll really lessen the “bite.”

Have you looked into ART for the hamstring?

Also, if you’re doing PT, ask them for the ultrasound machine. That thing is amazing. It looks like a mini clothing iron. There’s a crystal in the metal head that oscillates at a selectable frequency, creating heat the penetrates deep tissue. Unbelievably soothing. The head needs to be constantly moving, though, else you are susceptible to minor tissue burns, even if it doesn’t feel too “hot” at the time.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Hey Masch, hope you heal up and are back to 100% soon, that way you can make a video showing us exactly what your Brazilian Butt Workout looks like :D[/quote]

ya, I was gonna say since you love Jane fonda so much you should make a video! :smiley:

I love doing those kinds of moves too and will so them as ‘finishers,’ sometimes. I will definitely be doing them this week!

<3 Have a good one!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
I’m trying to bring out me lats (you know, to make a waist), so I did some assisted WG pullups and a few sets of these rope lat pulldowns.

[/quote]

Yeah, your waist sucks! Really, really sucks. You are doing it all wrong.

I mean, I don’t know how you walk around in public with that thing…without constantly pulling up your shirt yelling “Check out my waist, bitches!!”

Just sayin’

okra sucks!

Actually okra is damn good.

eggplant still sucks though.

Hope your hamstring comes right soon. Hate it when I can’t do stuff because of injury / tweaked things. Mmm eggplant.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
I’m trying to bring out me lats (you know, to make a waist), so I did some assisted WG pullups and a few sets of these rope lat pulldowns.

[/quote]

Yeah, your waist sucks! Really, really sucks. You are doing it all wrong.

I mean, I don’t know how you walk around in public with that thing…without constantly pulling up your shirt yelling “Check out my waist, bitches!!”

Just sayin’[/quote]

What my brother from another mother said.

eggplant and curricurim FTW.

PS javorak complexes FTW too.

Back in the day when I played at the OTC, he was on staff, and lets just say that
all his people used his methods.

its true- dont stress the injury but getting blood flowing is a good thing

I know exactly what you mean. And, I’m almost halfway there…

I officially never want to do the Brazilian Butt Workout. Ow.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
curricurim FTW.

javorak complexes FTW

[/quote]
curcumin?

javorek?

JEEZ!

x2 on the curcumin and the orange powder burps when u take it on an empty stomach.

its like being a DRAGON!

i wanna be a dragon!!! ha ha!! i like the next day food reminders–>like meatball deja vu. onion dip deja vu. taco deja vu.

OHHH! i love your Brazil Butt attack workout! I do a similar thingie and its great way nice…sigh…

Hey everyone!

Nik - Thanks for granting me caloric lee-way! lol! The complex wasn’t too hard tbh, mostly b/c I was using light weight. But it did get the heart going, which when you can’t run and stuff is the next best thing. And I’ll try the lat pull kneeling! Thanks.

Ink and MiM - Funny thing, I talked to my friend Julio (the trainer) and he’s more than happy to make a vid of the Brazilian Butt Workout. I said we would rival that Russian lady from Body Rock. HAH! I just need an exotic accent…

Hey Ponce! Actually, I’m not sure I’ve ever eaten Okra! I know that’s a southern thing…right? As for the ART, yes, I’ve looked into it, but I must admit that I did ART the last time I got the hamstring pull and I feel like it didn’t do all that much. I probably need to find a new ART guy. Anyways, my PT lady is pretty good and basically does the same things that my old ART guy did, plus she gave me rehab work…we’ll see. And yes to the Ultra Sound! She did that and I loved it!

Aww Git and Joe! You guys are the sweetest. Thanks! But you know, there’s always room for improvement.

Hai Alexus! Thanks.

Sup KMC! Curricumin, i’ll have to try that. What’s OTC?

Lol! Count, I get the feeling you’re going to need a case of gatorade for whatever it is your planning.

Kimba! Do it! Its fun, altho you should find a nice dark corner to do it, otherwise you might attract spectators…

Hi Andy! Okra yes, eggplant no, curricurim and Javorek, maybe…Also, um…any recs on Oly shoes?

HAHA! Cbear as a dragon…sounds dangerous.

Brute - I like how you call it “deja vu” HAHA!

Alrighty.

So Monday I did upper body. Nothing spectacular to report. I will say this though, I did 5x6 BW chinups, was supposed to do 10x6, as is my pullup protocol, but doing 10 sets of anything is kinda boring…ugh! I need to get better and just suck it up and do what I’m supposed to. Sigh.

Last’s night training was all about learning Olympic style back squatting. I figure before I go to the Lost Battalion I should at least be somewhat familiar with the mechanics of Olympic lifting. So bear with me guys, since I’m basically starting from the beginning of the beginning…this is going to be a looong journey.

Anyways I did an assload of research. Here’s some stuff for those interested (altho this is mostly for my edification, sorry!):

Also stole these cues for Oly style squatting from Andy off another thread:

• Chest up
  • Relaxed elbows
  • Bar high on the traps
  • long spine, relaxed under bar
  • Squat down, not back (break at the knees AND hips simultaneously) < push knees out first, controlled drop
  • Push knees out
  • Stance, somewhere around shoulder-width. Whatever’s comfortable

Anyways, here’s what last nights workout looked like - lots and lots of variations of stuff.

Mobility and sissy PT rehab hammie work.

Plate loaded front squat - 8x10, 3x25 (too heavy), 5x10, 8x10
Back squat - 5x bar, bar, 65, 95, 85
Front squat - 5x65
Front squat push press - 8x65, 4x85
Clean and press - 1x 65, 85, 75, 75 < CAN’T wait to formally learn this!
BB Jump squat - 8x 30, 65; 10x65, 15x65
Hypers - 2x15x10, 2x15x25 (plate in front) < Hamstring was getting cranky at this point so I didn’t want to push it too much.

All in all it was a nice workout. My quads are a bit sore today though, which i’m not sure is a good thing or a bad thing. I do realize that I’m still a bit nervous for the hammie, so maybe I’m overcompensating with my other muscles due to fear of re-injury. That’s no bueno…

And now, sorry to say, but get ready for an Oly form vid blast! audience groans