Nerd Alert: Batman - Gotham Knight

While I am stoked for The Dark Knight coming out in theaters next week, a close second was for the new Batman animated movie which I just got in the mail today from Amazon: Batman - Gotham Knight. I am going to run downstairs now, trying to control my decidedly unmanly gleeful giggling and pop that bad mama-jama into the XBox 360 for some viewing. Review to follow.

Feeling hopeful about the quality of this because of:

• this is the first ever PG-13 Batman animated movie; and
  • you have a few noted screenwriters on the project.

Here’s to hoping it is at least as good (if not better, since I am a Batman geek) then Justice League: The New Frontier (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

[quote]Kuz wrote:
While I am stoked for The Dark Knight coming out in theaters next week, a close second was for the new Batman animated movie which I just got in the mail today from Amazon: Batman - Gotham Knight. I am going to run downstairs now, trying to control my decidedly unmanly gleeful giggling and pop that bad mama-jama into the XBox 360 for some viewing. Review to follow.

Here’s to hoping it is at least as good (if not better, since I am a Batman geek) then Justice League: The New Frontier (which I enjoyed quite a bit).[/quote]

f you were a real friend, you’d rip it onto your computer and send the movie to me.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Kuz wrote:

Here’s to hoping it is at least as good (if not better, since I am a Batman geek) then Justice League: The New Frontier (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

f you were a real friend, you’d rip it onto your computer and send the movie to me.[/quote]

Ahh, if I even knew how for DVDs (whereas for CD’s it’s a no-brainer)…

I saw it yesterday and it was really good. Its more of a collection of shot stories than a full movie. The first short I didnt like that much but the rest were really good. At first they made Bruce look like one of the main char from Death Note(if you have seen it) but in the last one he looks like an animated Christan Bale.

You could say it is a bridge between Batman Begins and The Dark Kinght.

WOOOO post 420…sry couldnt help my self

Just finished watching Disc 1 and will get to Disc 2 later for all the juicy bonus material.

Overall impression: Very good. It is set-up as a series of 6 semi-connected vignettes, each one being about 10-15 minutes a piece. The artwork is fairly creative and done in a very Japanese style (which is unsurprising since when you get to the credits, it’s 99% Japanese artists). While I have never seen The Animatrix, it strikes me as probably being a bit similar to that in its approach. It’s a more adult treatment of Batman (always a big plus in my book). I think the 2nd vignette (title escaping me) and the one entitled “Working Through Pain” are probably the best out of the bunch.

The only criticism I would have is that you do not get the depth or continuity of a single story. However, the positive trade-off is seeing 6 very different takes (visually and stylistically) of Batman, the villains and Gotham itself.

One last thing. There is a behind-the-scenes of the upcoming Wonder Woman animated DVD that looks pretty interesting. And is it just me or is there something oh-so-delightful about Keri Russell? (She voices Wonder Woman/Diana)

I bought it yesterday nice presentation with the tin box for the two disc edition. I liked the Wonder Woman preview but hate the fact that a) it’s not coming out until '09 and b) they bumped the Judas Contract for this. The movie itself is similar to animatrix several stories and styles in one film, also the first part was similar to an old episode of Batman where a group of kids gave their impression of the Bat, one was out of Dark Knight Returns, there was the campy 60’s version etc (I believe this is one of the extra’s on disc 2).

This is worth picking up.

Also, “the Batman - Animated” fifth season is out and the first two episodes of the season of Batman vs Superman were very good. I haven’t seen the rest yet.

I watched it, it was really good. If anyone has seen the animatrix it is really similar concept to that-I enjoyed that series also- Has also a similar feel to the animated star wars series that was around a while back.

Overall really worth watching, animation is top notch and gives the old batman series a great new look.

My favorite was “Working Through Pain” and the one with Deadshot. I only disliked one section overall.

Just finished watching it, and although I’m really not a fan of anime stylings, these were done very well. It was a nice surprise to find that they included the original pilot episode of Batman Beyond on the disc. I recall that I expected to hate that series, but became a fan pretty quickly after seeing how well they crafted the origin story.

S

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
My favorite was “Working Through Pain” and the one with Deadshot. I only disliked one section overall.[/quote]

I just finished watching it. Those were my favorite segments, too.

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Now, I’m going to watch Batman Begins again and finally, The Dark Knight tomorrow.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
My favorite was “Working Through Pain” and the one with Deadshot. I only disliked one section overall.

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Now, I’m going to watch Batman Begins again and finally, The Dark Knight tomorrow.[/quote]

Here’s some advice:

STAY OUT OF THE DARK KNIGHT THREAD

Their lips are as tight as Jenna Jameson’s pussy. Which isn’t tight. Quite wide actually. You get what I’m saying.

You’ll love the movie.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Now, I’m going to watch Batman Begins again and finally, The Dark Knight tomorrow.

Here’s some advice:

Their lips are as tight as Jenna Jameson’s pussy. Which isn’t tight. Quite wide actually. You get what I’m saying.

You’ll love the movie.
[/quote]

No worries, as I’ve been good about skipping past any post in that thread that has more than a line or two in it. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to this. Hell, I want to watch the movie just so I can go back and read that thread over again without fear of spoilers. :slight_smile:

The only thing that sucks is that all of the IMAX screens are completely sold out tomorrow, which means I’m going to need to get there pretty early to get a good seat.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Here’s some advice:

You’ll love the movie.

No worries, as I’ve been good about skipping past any post in that thread that has more than a line or two in it. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to this. Hell, I want to watch the movie just so I can go back and read that thread over again without fear of spoilers. :slight_smile:

The only thing that sucks is that all of the IMAX screens are completely sold out tomorrow, which means I’m going to need to get there pretty early to get a good seat.
[/quote]

I showed up at 11:30 at for a Thursday midnight showing of Dark Knight. At least 50 people were ahead of me. 5 mins after I go t there, there were 100 people behind me. I had a good spot in line.

Since you live in Cali, you might need need to get there an hour early and wear a diaper.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Dark Knight kicks ass.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Here’s some advice:

You’ll love the movie.

I showed up at 11:30 at for a Thursday midnight showing of Dark Knight. At least 50 people were ahead of me. 5 mins after I go t there, there were 100 people behind me. I had a good spot in line.

Since you live in Cali, you might need need to get there an hour early and wear a diaper.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Dark Knight kicks ass.[/quote]

hahaha…that’s like a Makavali spoiler. :slight_smile:

But that’s why I’m going with a group of people. There’s no way I could stay in line that long without some kind of relief or bathroom break.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Here’s some advice:

You’ll love the movie.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Dark Knight kicks ass.

But that’s why I’m going with a group of people. There’s no way I could stay in line that long without some kind of relief or bathroom break.[/quote]

More like a Barret spoiler. He copies me. I saw a guy dressed up as Batman when I went. I don’t think your Batman shoes are gonna cut it.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

My favorite line:

“Are you in pain?”

“I work through pain.”

Here’s some advice:

You’ll love the movie.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Dark Knight kicks ass.

But that’s why I’m going with a group of people. There’s no way I could stay in line that long without some kind of relief or bathroom break.

More like a Barret spoiler. He copies me. I saw a guy dressed up as Batman when I went. I don’t think your Batman shoes are gonna cut it.[/quote]

Probably not. I’m bringing my camera though in the event that there are some people dressed up.

I only saw one Joker at my showing and a shit load of people in Batman shirts.

I know I’m late to the party, I just bought this last night and it was awesome!

Kevin Conroy is THE voice when I think Batman. I haven’t gotten a chance to check out all the extras yet.