Need Help Creating V-Shape

For the record, I’d like to see pics as well to adequately assess what you need.

Look up Dante’s scapular pop stretch.
That should instantly give you that sought-after V-taper.

:wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

;)[/quote]

TROLL!!!

:wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

;)[/quote]

This, and the 360, are the reason why baby dolphins are dying.

[quote]xilinx wrote:
Welcome to that inglorious club.
A picture would help, but maxing your lateral delts will help in creating the illusion of a narrower waist.
Prioritize their work on shoulder day, add them as active rest, etc.
Also, go over the lat exercises CT did with prof X and camp 1 , my V improved since I started concentrating on that form and sequencing, and I’m guessing his new ideas on holds and rings will be even better.
I’ve read conflicting comments on DL/squat widening the waist, so nothing to add there. They certainly helped me with abs hypertrophy/6pack, but I dont think it added directly to my naturally wide waist.[/quote]
Where is that camp 1 of which you speak?

somewhere back in the Training Lab Series / The Indigo Project spills

Look up “kayak row.” That’s the exercise xilinx was referring to. Or you can check T Nation’s youtube and look at the Professor X Indigo Project vids.

It’s an awesome exercise though. Complete lat destruction.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
Look up “kayak row.” That’s the exercise xilinx was referring to. Or you can check T Nation’s youtube and look at the Professor X Indigo Project vids.

It’s an awesome exercise though. Complete lat destruction.[/quote]

Thanks, yes, forgot that name.
I knew I had a mind-muscle problem with my lats, so for a few weeks, my back day was mostly variations on that move, always emphasizing the max contraction at the end of ROM. Now I add it as the superset movement to vertical pulls.

Found it, here it is for others who are interested: Kayak Rows - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

[quote]xilinx wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

It’s an awesome exercise though. Complete lat destruction.[/quote]

Thanks, yes, forgot that name.
I knew I had a mind-muscle problem with my lats, so for a few weeks, my back day was mostly variations on that move, always emphasizing the max contraction at the end of ROM. Now I add it as the superset movement to vertical pulls.[/quote]

It really hits the lower lats. I was sore in areas I usually am not so I keep it in (even though I dropped it since the accident).

[quote]want2getlean wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
And I’m not sure what the root of your vendetta against X is, but you sound like a monumental prick. X clearly knows how to build delts, which you probably need based on your description of your physique. I’m not sure how shitting on him is productive.[/quote]

I have no ‘vendetta’ against X, I just think he is an obnoxious and rude manchild, whose advice I couldn’t gulp down if I covered in salt.

I steer away from X’s posts whenever I can, just to save myself from rolling my eyes into the back of my head.
It would be nice if I didn’t have to deal with him on the rare occasion that I do make a topic on the Bodybuilding section :slight_smile:
[/quote]

yeah, its not like he knows anything, or is big, or has year of experience…

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Over developed lats + thread title = delusional clown.

You want to step on stage but are afraid to post pictures on a forum?

Weak trolling[/quote]

Haha teh trollhunter have confirm.[/quote]
movie was pretty good actually[/quote]

Agreed.

Sitting at home with a rare evening to myself, saw it on Netflix.

I was pleasantly surprised.

So here’s a little update on what I’ve been trying out:

For the front delts, what feels the best so far, is NG front raises, starting on the thigh, with the scapula constantly retracted and pushing down, making an active effort to push the DB ‘away’.
I was doing front raises with the palms facing down and no retraction, and my traps were getting a huge pump. Like this, the stress is entirely on my front delts. Had to go down 6kg, fun stuff.

For the side delts, I find that if I only do one arm at a time, while holding onto something with the other, I can focus on the delt better. I’m still have trouble figuring out the details though (grip, movement path, body bend & lean)

On squats, I’ve switched to a narrower stance, a more upright position and a higher bar position. My obliques don’t feel as pumped after a set, and I can feel the X-shape from the waist down coming out better