Need Help Creating V-Shape

[quote]want2getlean wrote:
I don’t want to bring my lats up anymore[/quote]

Why?

[quote]xilinx wrote:

[quote]phishfood1128 wrote:

1. Waist problem - wear a belt for most of your exercises (certain pros claim this works).
    [/quote]

Really? maybe that’s why so many people wear a belt for everything. I’ll have to try it…

Working traps before shoulders is a great idea, but wont it interfere with pressing? maybe do pressing->traps->laterals?
Actually, OP should avoid trap work, since he claims they’re a strong part.
OP, POST A PIC![/quote]

I believe the belt worn for everything is to eliminate relaxing your belly muscles and letting them distend for shorts periods of time when lifting really heavy. This way you don’t stretch out the ab muscles in a similar manner but to a lesser extent to people who do heavy pullover while holding their breath. It also helps support the muscles a little so they are not used as much as stabilizers which I guess who technically may stop a little hypertrophy that may develop over years of using them. Can anybody else think of any other reasons?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
…but WE shouldn’t be giving a poster advice this specific because there is a 56% chance the OP is that fat dude on Obesity Documentaries who orders KFC by hanging a bucket out the window and paying people to bring him food.[/quote]

If not posting pics is the easiest way to keep you out of my threads, sounds good to me :slight_smile:

If not posting pics is the easiest way to keep you out of my threads, sounds good to me :)[/quote]

Haha I guess it’s a good idea to keep guys like ebomb/xilinx who requested pics from truly providing good advice as well. Seriously, WTF do you expect people to do to help you? Even if your analysis of your weaknesses is correct, you’d need to provide a current workout plan so potential advice providers could know what’s NOT working for things like delts and quad sweep that improve the V-shape. How do you not understand that?

I also think you’re worried about posting pics because you don’t want to hear that you might not be as good as you think in your strong areas and/or aren’t ready to step on stage, or something to that effect.

Although at this point I’m almost getting the feeling that this is a troll post. Whatever, fuck me for trying to be remotely help I guess.

Over developed lats + thread title = delusional clown.

You want to step on stage but are afraid to post pictures on a forum?

Weak trolling

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Weak trolling[/quote]

Haha teh trollhunter have confirm.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

If not posting pics is the easiest way to keep you out of my threads, sounds good to me :)[/quote]

Haha I guess it’s a good idea to keep guys like ebomb/xilinx who requested pics from truly providing good advice as well. Seriously, WTF do you expect people to do to help you? Even if your analysis of your weaknesses is correct, you’d need to provide a current workout plan so potential advice providers could know what’s NOT working for things like delts and quad sweep that improve the V-shape. How do you not understand that?

I also think you’re worried about posting pics because you don’t want to hear that you might not be as good as you think in your strong areas and/or aren’t ready to step on stage, or something to that effect.

Although at this point I’m almost getting the feeling that this is a troll post. Whatever, fuck me for trying to be remotely help I guess.[/quote]

If a fat guy wanted to lose weight, would you beg for pictures just so you could all go ‘Yup, he’s fat’?

Besides, I’ve already gotten some pretty good advice from this thread. The only guy who seems hellbent on looking at pics, is the only guy whose advice I’m not interested in; a tubby aspergers manchild with 40k posts here and who has never stepped foot on a bodybuilding stage, won a powerlifting meet or any other iron related endeavor I can think of. I’ll satisfy X’s requests if they ever open a ‘gymrat’ section.

As for Bonez, I’m sorry you think I’m a troll, I enjoy your posts in the Steroid section and they have been of good use to me in the past.

If anyone has anything else to contribute, I’ll be happy and thankful to learn. If not, don’t waste our time.

If a fat guy wanted to lose weight, would you beg for pictures just so you could all go ‘Yup, he’s fat’?[/quote]

No, but I’d ask him for a breakdown of what he’s currently doing so I could make more productive suggestions, which gasp I already did. But hey, good luck breh.

And I’m not sure what the root of your vendetta against X is, but you sound like a monumental prick. X clearly knows how to build delts, which you probably need based on your description of your physique. I’m not sure how shitting on him is productive.

I count at least 5 people who asked for his pics so why would he focus on me?

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
And I’m not sure what the root of your vendetta against X is, but you sound like a monumental prick. X clearly knows how to build delts, which you probably need based on your description of your physique. I’m not sure how shitting on him is productive.[/quote]

I have no ‘vendetta’ against X, I just think he is an obnoxious and rude manchild, whose advice I couldn’t gulp down if I covered in salt.

I steer away from X’s posts whenever I can, just to save myself from rolling my eyes into the back of my head.
It would be nice if I didn’t have to deal with him on the rare occasion that I do make a topic on the Bodybuilding section :slight_smile:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I count at least 5 people who asked for his pics so why would he focus on me?[/quote]

1. Everyone else offered useful advice with their request, instead of vague passive agressive shitposts
  2. None of the other posters ring a bell as someone with a long history of shitposting

You’re trolling. It shows.

The best help you would get would be from posting pics and getting an accurate critique. Anyone giving specific advice without your pic was not doing you any favors.

But hey, you aren’t here for anything more than what you are doing now…and we both know that.

Mods, do whatever you want with this topic. Sorry for the hassle.
I’m certainly not going to win a pissing match against some nerd who has been doing it for 10 years straight.

To everyone else, thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Weak trolling[/quote]

Haha teh trollhunter have confirm.[/quote]
movie was pretty good actually

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Weak trolling[/quote]

movie was pretty good actually[/quote]

HAHAHA

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Weak trolling[/quote]

x2

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Weak trolling[/quote]

movie was pretty good actually[/quote]

I agree! Very entertaining.

I was already thinking on switching out back squats for front squats.
[/quote]

I thought that front squats were actually harder on the core because you have to stay more upright with the bar infront of you? Or maybe it’s the same stress as back squats in the long run because you use less weight, but stay more upright?

Not sure, but I don’t think front squats instead of back squats would work for reducing ab stress…

Edit: I’d like to hear someone with bodybuilding experience reply on this one. I’m curious.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

I was already thinking on switching out back squats for front squats.
[/quote]

I thought that front squats were actually harder on the core because you have to stay more upright with the bar infront of you? Or maybe it’s the same stress as back squats in the long run because you use less weight, but stay more upright?

Not sure, but I don’t think front squats instead of back squats would work for reducing ab stress…

Edit: I’d like to hear someone with bodybuilding experience reply on this one. I’m curious. [/quote]

The aesthetic effect on the core would be negligible.

Worrying about thickening the waist from squats or deadlifts is something only a few advanced bodybuilders need to worry about. For most, its either an issue of bone structure or just being too fat for the amount of muscle being carried.