Navy Seal BUDS Training Documentary

I’ve been watching this documentary for the past 2 weeks on youtube (it’s 4 1/2 hours total). It follows class 234 for the entire 6 month “try outs” called BUDS, that leads up to becoming a Navy Seal.

It is absolutely insane what these guys go through. It’s almost unreal. Watching these guys overcome the obstacles is pretty motivating. This has got to be on of the hardest training programs anywhere. It’s long, but worth the watch.

Part 1:

There is also a really good 6 part documentary on the Green Berets:

And a good 9 part doc about the Marines:

1 Like

Is this the same one they show on the Military Channel all the time?

It might be…I think it was made by discovery channel in 2002…not really sure.

Yeah it was done by the Discovery Channel a while back. I have the DVDs. Whether or not you ever decide to become a SEAL, adopting their attitude to extreme adversity can definitely help you throughout your life. Awesome series.

Thought I’d just add this here rather than start a new topic. I know not everyone has (or wants) a NYT subscription. But this was an interesting read for those of us who’ve always been a little fascinated by special forces training - and subscribe to the NYT :joy:

Well, it is unconventional warfare, so :person_shrugging:. They do what they gotta do.

1 Like

I used to watch it on TV. Their training is impressive. I’ve always been fascinated by the special forces. :heart_eyes: