My Shoulder Routine

I would like to say firstly that shoulders are one of my favorite, if not my favorite areas to train. I really like doing the old time single arm barbell presses, very challanging!

Anyway, I wanted some opinions on my shoulder routine. Here it is:

Military press or pushpress depending:3-4 sets depending
Handstand pushups*:3-5 sets depending
*sometimes I will add extra weight or depth on to these to make them harder
Single arm bb press:3 sets
Lumberjack press:3 sets
Corner press:3 sets

Even though I know that I am working my shoulders thouroly, but I still feel like something is missing cause my shoulders are not getting the results I am wanting. Any thoughts/suggestions? Am I doing too much and should go back to basics? Thx for whatever help you can provide.

You feel like something is missing? Cause it is

You have absolutely no direct rear delt work in there. Do reverse flies and facepulls and other things.

this only one day a week? try three days a week spreading those movements out

Everything you do is pressing, try some lateral raises and rear delt work.

It’s also pretty vague:

[quote]wannaberocky1992 wrote:
Military press or pushpress DEPENDING:3-4 sets DEPENDING
Handstand pushups*:3-5 sets DEPENDING
[/quote]

Are you progressing the difficulty- adding weight/ reps/ sets, etc?

And as is always asked- are you eating enough, i.e. a caloric surplus?

Thx for the replies everyone! I will definatly add some reverse flies/facepulls, as well as lateral raises.

@caveman101:I have been doing the whole thing 2x/week

@gymsavy: Sorry about vauge. When I say “depending” it means how heavy I go vs how many reps I go. If I am doing three sets, it is something heavier and strenght oriented. When it is four sets, its more like 10 reps a set, lighter weight. I have been progressing, maybe a little on the slow side, but I have built up my weights/reps. And as far as diet, well, I have been eating plenty. Playing sports as well as lifting has jacked up my metabolism very high and I eat A LOT, but I keep it as junk free as possible.

Best thing would probably be to take photos and compare a couple of weeks later, is it working? Yes/ No? If yes, keep going, if not, try tweaking it a little bit. I personally find my shoulders are the hardest part to make grow but higher reps (12-15) work better than going as heavy as I can, not saying this will be the same for everyone, just what I found works best for me by experimenting with different things.

i think youre doing to much. You need 1-2 pressing exercises at most for shoulders, especially if youre progressing on them. Side laterals, rear laterals, face pulls, pullaparts, those should supplement your pressing, just like chest you wouldnt just do presses for the chest.

Just got back from my workout. I took into consideration what everyone said. I did a bunch of rear delts and militarys and handstands. With only these three, my shoulders feel far more thouroly worked than with all those other exercises together, so I cant wait to see my overall results down the road! Thx ya’ll!

you can never do enough lateral raises…unless your not doing shrugs

Lol, if I had a nickel for every person who claims to eat “plenty”…

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

Lol, if I had a nickel for every person who claims to eat “plenty”… [/quote]

You wouldn’t be gettin one from me.