Post Workout :
1 PROTEIN SHAKE + 1/2 CUP OATS

Supper ( 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM ) :
6 OZ CHICKEN BREAST
1 cup PEAS
1 medium YAM ( yuck )

Before Bed ( 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM ) :
3 tablespoons PEANUT BUTTER

Total Calories: I think I calculated it as 3065, or something around there.

My caloric need for bulking is around 3037, as I have about 154 lbs lean muscle mass.

Any criticism is greatly appreciated, as I’d rather learn early and actually do it right instead of being some stupid noob who makes an ass out of himself at the gym from his minuscule gains.

Give it a go for a few weeks and if you aren’t putting on size add 500 calories and give it a few more weeks.
Try sprinkling cinnamon on the yam.
Might want to add some protein to your last meal of the day.

Unless those protein shakes have a whole lot of calories in them, you are nowhere close to 3000 calories. I estimate closer to 2000. And where is the fat? The only fat in your diet is in the PB. Drink whole instead of skim, and put some real butter on those yams. Add some more fats from nuts, avacados, eggs, etc.

Morning ( 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ):
2 slices of TOAST ( sprouted bread )
1 medium BANANA
1 PROTEIN SHAKE
1 cup of RAW OATS with 2% MILK
1 MULTI-VITAMIN and 1 BOTTLED WATER

Lunch ( 2:00 PM ) :
6 OZ CHICKEN BREAST
1 cup BROCCOLI + Olive Oil
1/2 cup RICE

Pre - Workout ( 3:50 PM ) :
1 PROTEIN SHAKE + BANANA + PB

Post Workout :
1 PROTEIN SHAKE + 1/2 CUP OATS

Supper ( 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM ) :
6 OZ CHICKEN BREAST
1 cup PEAS
1 medium YAM + BUTTER + CINNAMON ( as suggested )

Before Bed ( 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ) :
3 tablespoons PEANUT BUTTER + NON SALTED NUTS ( I hate cottage cheese )

look any better?

Looks pretty good man. Let us know how it’s going in a few weeks!

How did you decide on 3037 as your caloric need?

I would drop the toast, add another piece of fruit later in the day (apple) throw a couple whole eggs in there. I have a scoop of whey first thing, while my i prepare first meal, 3 whole jumbo eggs one cup egg white mix, 1cup oatmeal dry, 1 cup blueberries, half avocado

Therajraj: I was reading an article on this website about nutrition in terms of caloric surplus and needs per lean muscle mass, and I weigh approx 176lbs with around 153lbs of lean muscle mass. Plus, I took fitness 2 years ago in grade 10 and was taught how to calculate your daily caloric intake needs, and added around 500 calories for bulking.

Mr Black: Do you know of any alternative for egg whites / whole eggs? I tried eating egg whites before but the thought of chewing on an albumen really grosses me out, plus I gag due to the texture and the bland taste.

This does not look like ~3,000 calories to me. Why do you have breakfast so late? If you’re bulking, the sooner the better I would think.

I’d ditch the raw oats personally to improve digestion and avoid the protease inhibitors. I’d go with something like this: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/nograin_oatmeal?pageNo=0#4040171

[quote]Mr. Black wrote:
I would drop the toast, add another piece of fruit later in the day (apple) throw a couple whole eggs in there. I have a scoop of whey first thing, while my i prepare first meal, 3 whole jumbo eggs one cup egg white mix, 1cup oatmeal dry, 1 cup blueberries, half avocado

[/quote]
@ Mr. Black …Is your name a Resevoire Dogs reference?

[quote]Septimus wrote:
Do you know of any alternative for egg whites / whole eggs? I tried eating egg whites before but the thought of chewing on an albumen really grosses me out, plus I gag due to the texture and the bland taste.[/quote]

I think he meant for you to cook them, but whole raw eggs (don’t eat just raw liquid egg whites for many reasons) are pretty good in a shake with heavy whipping cream and chocolate protein powder.

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
This does not look like ~3,000 calories to me. Why do you have breakfast so late? If you’re bulking, the sooner the better I would think.

I’d ditch the raw oats personally to improve digestion and avoid the protease inhibitors. I’d go with something like this: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/nograin_oatmeal?pageNo=0#4040171

I think he meant for you to cook them, but whole raw eggs (don’t eat just raw liquid egg whites for many reasons) are pretty good in a shake with heavy whipping cream and chocolate protein powder.[/quote]

I’ll give the link a look, thank you for your input. Also, I knew he meant cooked eggs :P. I don’t like eggs in general, and when I tried to force feed myself cooked egg whites I nearly vomited.

I was listing as is, before prepared if you don’t like egg whites don’t eat them, scramble up some whole ones, i’m sure eggs have been discussed to death here. Mr Black is a song i wrote along time ago, just to lazy or stupid to come up with something else lol! Great movie though!

[quote]Mr. Black wrote:
I was listing as is, before prepared if you don’t like egg whites don’t eat them, scramble up some whole ones, i’m sure eggs have been discussed to death here. [/quote]
If you want to keep the calories lower you could also scramble half egg whites and have whole eggs

This does not look like ~3,000 calories to me. Why do you have breakfast so late? If you’re bulking, the sooner the better I would think.[/quote]

Maybe he starts his day later than you do. I don’t have class til 11 so I don’t get up til 10. So obviously I go to bed later too, around 1-2 am. So it makes sense.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

This does not look like ~3,000 calories to me. Why do you have breakfast so late? If you’re bulking, the sooner the better I would think.[/quote]

Maybe he starts his day later than you do. I don’t have class til 11 so I don’t get up til 10. So obviously I go to bed later too, around 1-2 am. So it makes sense.[/quote]

Yeah except it says his before bed meal is at 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Either he’s only awake for 12 hours (because it says his breakfast is from 11-12), or his “before bed meal” is eaten 3+ hours before bed, or I was correct in assuming he eats a late breakfast, or some combo of all 3, or he mis-typed, or this is a really bad troll job. Anyways, the point is that he only eats meals from the hours 11 am 'til 11 pm. Pretty hard to bulk by putting unnecessary restrictions on your eating.

Just got back from the gym * Back & Bi day ( love deadlifts )*, doing a quick bump and replying to comments.

[quote]Mr. Black wrote:
I was listing as is, before prepared if you don’t like egg whites don’t eat them, scramble up some whole ones, i’m sure eggs have been discussed to death here. Mr Black is a song i wrote along time ago, just to lazy or stupid to come up with something else lol! Great movie though![/quote]

D:, I guess if I can manage to eat yams I can manage to eat eggs.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

Maybe he starts his day later than you do. I don’t have class til 11 so I don’t get up til 10. So obviously I go to bed later too, around 1-2 am. So it makes sense.[/quote]

haha yeah, I wake up at around 11:00 AM and go to bed at around 1:00AM.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

Yeah except it says his before bed meal is at 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Either he’s only awake for 12 hours (because it says his breakfast is from 11-12), or his “before bed meal” is eaten 3+ hours before bed, or I was correct in assuming he eats a late breakfast, or some combo of all 3, or he mis-typed, or this is a really bad troll job. Anyways, the point is that he only eats meals from the hours 11 am 'til 11 pm. Pretty hard to bulk by putting unnecessary restrictions on your eating.[/quote]

I meant to type 11:00PM - 1:00 AM, I apologize for the typo. Feel free to edit my meal plan if you wish, I’d rather do it correctly than wrong.