My First Meet

I am preparing for my first meet on June 28th, the APF/AAPF Chicago Summer Bash 5. I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me. Would it be best to lift raw or equipped my first meet?

oh and uh this sounds funny, but can you just wear any kind of underwear under a squat/deadlift suit? haha

Also, does anybody else on here plan to attend? if so, id sure like to here.

some federations require you to wear (or i guess not wear) certain types of materials. you should look into this in your federation, it should be under their rules page.

in terms of whether to be equipped or not, it depends on if you have the equipment yet or not. it is not really a good idea to just start using gear for the first time a few weeks out from competition.

i know personally my first meet is coming up, and i am opting to go raw. some of the guys on elite recommend getting 2 years worth of meets done raw before jumping into gear… this is only a recommendation. its all about what you want to do.

either way, good luck. its exciting and nervewrecking. mine is in a week…

[quote]masonator wrote:
I am preparing for my first meet on June 28th, the APF/AAPF Chicago Summer Bash 5. I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me. Would it be best to lift raw or equipped my first meet?

oh and uh this sounds funny, but can you just wear any kind of underwear under a squat/deadlift suit? haha[/quote]

in the fed I lift in, no spandex but boxers, and whitie tidies are ok. Which sucks because w/o spandex I rip the hair off my leg.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
some federations require you to wear (or i guess not wear) certain types of materials. you should look into this in your federation, it should be under their rules page.

in terms of whether to be equipped or not, it depends on if you have the equipment yet or not. it is not really a good idea to just start using gear for the first time a few weeks out from competition.

i know personally my first meet is coming up, and i am opting to go raw. some of the guys on elite recommend getting 2 years worth of meets done raw before jumping into gear… this is only a recommendation. its all about what you want to do.

either way, good luck. its exciting and nervewrecking. mine is in a week…[/quote]

yeah i didnt think it made much sense to buy a suit or anything for my first meet. i know i have to wear a singlet but its pretty vague other than that. thanks for the input man.