Moving to the USA

You have connections that will get a job that pays 9 dollars an hour?

Sounds like some pretty shit connections to me.

[quote]wigsa wrote:

Sounds like some pretty shit connections to me.[/quote]

+Health benefits and others?

For a first job out of highschool? A guaranteed employment?
In an unknown city with a high unemployment rate?

What do you think I can get? -
I speak 4 languages fluently- Russian, English, Spanish, French
I am a certified PADI Dive instructor
I am very good with people
Articulate
Graduated with an honors diploma
Strong physically
Fast learner

What should I be looking for? I am 18.

Not an yank, but…

take the 9$ an hour job and see where it goes, it’ll be something to get you started.
buy a good winter coat, gloves and boots. Chicago is fucking cold and windy. I don’t know why anyone would leave Malta for the mid-west of America.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Pick a different country to emigrate to. The US is ruined. I want to get out.[/quote]

Then get the fuck out and don’t come back when things don’t look so rosy on the other side of the fence anymore. Someone should slit this guy’s fucking throat.

[quote]ImSkinny wrote:

[quote]wigsa wrote:

Sounds like some pretty shit connections to me.[/quote]

+Health benefits and others?

For a first job out of highschool? A guaranteed employment?
In an unknown city with a high unemployment rate?

What do you think I can get? -
I speak 4 languages fluently- Russian, English, Spanish, French
I am a certified PADI Dive instructor
I am very good with people
Articulate
Graduated with an honors diploma
Strong physically
Fast learner

What should I be looking for? I am 18.[/quote]

Get a college degree and try to work for your country’s intelligence community (CIA, Her Majesty’s Secret Service, Moussad)

If you’re going to college, why the fuck do you need to get a gym membership? The best gyms in the country are college gyms. My college gym has fat bar dumbbells to 200 lbs., 9 oly platforms+cages and 4 racks - hammer strength stuff and cables as well. Stick with the college gym unless you go to an absolute shit school.

With speaking 4 languages I’d pursue that for a job, you can probably get some sort of phone job or translating making 11-12+ an hour. Also if you can write any of those languages also, make sure to test out of the foreign language requirement at the school you go to. BJ’s and Sam’s club is the place to go for bulk food.

Since you are not from the US, you’ll probably think most of the classes you take are super easy, that’s because 99% of American’s are total fucking retards.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Pick a different country to emigrate to. The US is ruined. I want to get out.[/quote]

Try getting out of your own skin first…because you’re the one that is ruined.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
My college gym has fat bar dumbbells to 200 lbs., 9 oly platforms+cages and 4 racks - hammer strength stuff and cables as well. [/quote]

what

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
move to canada[/quote]

yeah we have room[/quote]

[quote]Tyrant wrote:
With speaking 4 languages I’d pursue that for a job, you can probably get some sort of phone job or translating making 11-12+ an hour. Also if you can write any of those languages also, make sure to test out of the foreign language requirement at the school you go to. BJ’s and Sam’s club is the place to go for bulk food.[/quote]

Check this website for the Chicago Area Translators and Interpreters Association

You could pick up part time work in hospitals, wholesale or retail sales, airports, or working with the justice system. It would give you connections that will help you get adjusted to the area and help you if you run into any difficulties.
Before you go shopping pull up the local stores weekly ads online. One store may not have everything you want on sale but $.49 pound for whole chickens or london broil for $1.29 pound ain’t too bad. You can catch some great sale prices that beat Sam’s Club.
As for music you’ll love Chicago. Everything from classical to acid jazz to blues to metal.
You can hop on the local rail system to do a little traveling. It’s no Eurorail but not bad.
As for the people that bitch about everything nothing you do will satisfy them. People complain but with all our problems this is still a great country. I’ve done a lot of traveling around the world and while we’re not perfect I would still rather live here.
Get a local to show you where to get the best deep dish pizza and steak. It may not be health food but why travel if you don’t try the local specialties???
Welcome and have a great time.

[quote]Mikaj wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
move to canada[/quote]

yeah we have room[/quote]
[/quote]

ROFL oh man that’s some funny shit.

And it looks like I’m part of Canada’s penis.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

-Ive noticed that Europeans (Russians and Finnish people especially) always lean on one part of their body towards their dominant leg when at a complete stop,their shoulders droop a bit,and when walking their feet stick slightly away form each other. Do not do this.

-If you smoke,your fingers,wrist,and elbows should all be aligned in a straight line. This is how Americans smoke. Europeans tend to bend their wrist towards or away from their forearms.

This is all for now.[/quote]
mmm…What?

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

-Ive noticed that Europeans (Russians and Finnish people especially) always lean on one part of their body towards their dominant leg when at a complete stop,their shoulders droop a bit,and when walking their feet stick slightly away form each other. Do not do this.

-If you smoke,your fingers,wrist,and elbows should all be aligned in a straight line. This is how Americans smoke. Europeans tend to bend their wrist towards or away from their forearms.

mmm…What?[/quote]
Sorry if this offends you but its something that I picked up and noticed. This comes from alot of older European men. The accent of a European (As well as anybody that isnt American) is easy to pick up. The movement of the way they walk and the way they present themselves is far more subtle. Simply put,the way an American walks is far more different than the way a European walks…its like comparing the way a dog and cat walks.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

mmm…What?[/quote]
Sorry if this offends you but its something that I picked up and noticed. This comes from alot of older European men. The accent of a European (As well as anybody that isnt American) is easy to pick up. The movement of the way they walk and the way they present themselves is far more subtle. Simply put,the way an American walks is far more different than the way a European walks…its like comparing the way a dog and cat walks.[/quote]

And this is ‘bad’?

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

mmm…What?[/quote]
Sorry if this offends you but its something that I picked up and noticed. This comes from alot of older European men. The accent of a European (As well as anybody that isnt American) is easy to pick up. The movement of the way they walk and the way they present themselves is far more subtle. Simply put,the way an American walks is far more different than the way a European walks…its like comparing the way a dog and cat walks.[/quote]

And this is ‘bad’?
[/quote]
all the europeans i have met are faggy, but that is limited to a frenchmen, a czech(the faggiest by far) and a italian(second faggiest). The frenchmen and czech were foreng exchangers in high school,and the guinea was taking german in the same class as me in college. He also smelled like roasted shit. It made me sick to be downwind of that stinky fucker.
Buy some soap, and use it.
Actually come to think of it, i met a german fellow as well, but he wasnt faggy. I also met a aussy, and a south african. They werent faggy either, but then SA and australia arent in europe so that is that.
I am not including woman as faggy because i beleive not being a man precludes one from being faggy.
anyways, why I say this is to help you out. Because something that may seem normal to you may seem faggy to us macho he-men of america. Also and more importantly, you may not realize it but you may smell like roasted assholes, or you may think roasted assholes is a pleasent smell, but in america we dont like it. We may not say anything, but we dont like faggy fuckers that smell like they bath in shit then sit in a smoker that burns shit instead of hickory to make its pleaseant smelling smoke. But then someone probably will say something, and if they do, know that they arent the only one who thinks that and you dont need to use colone or anything, just good old fashioned butt paper and washing yourself with soap.

[quote]Scrotus wrote:

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

mmm…What?[/quote]

And this is ‘bad’?
[/quote]
all the europeans i have met are faggy, but that is limited to a frenchmen, a czech(the faggiest by far) and a italian(second faggiest). The frenchmen and czech were foreng exchangers in high school,and the guinea was taking german in the same class as me in college. He also smelled like roasted shit. It made me sick to be downwind of that stinky fucker.
Actually come to think of it, i met a german fellow as well, but he wasnt faggy. I also met a aussy, and a south african. They werent faggy either, but then SA and australia arent in europe so that is that.
I am not including woman as faggy because i beleive not being a man precludes one from being faggy.
anyways, why I say this is to help you out. Because something that may seem normal to you may seem faggy to us macho he-men of america. Also and more importantly, you may not realize it but you may smell like roasted assholes, or you may think roasted assholes is a pleasent smell, but in america we dont like it. We may not say anything, but we dont like faggy fuckers that smell like they bath in shit then sit in a smoker that burns shit instead of hickory to make its pleaseant smelling smoke. But then someone probably will say something, and if they do, know that they arent the only one who thinks that and you dont need to use colone or anything, just good old fashioned butt paper and washing yourself with soap.[/quote]

OMG LOLOLOLO
this is the best thing I’ve read in a while
I just love Americans!

[quote]Scrotus wrote:

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

mmm…What?[/quote]

And this is ‘bad’?
[/quote]
anyways, why I say this is to help you out. Because something that may seem normal to you may seem faggy to us macho he-men of america. Also and more importantly, you may not realize it but you may smell like roasted assholes, or you may think roasted assholes is a pleasent smell, but in america we dont like it. We may not say anything, but we dont like faggy fuckers that smell like they bath in shit then sit in a smoker that burns shit instead of hickory to make its pleaseant smelling smoke. But then someone probably will say something, and if they do, know that they arent the only one who thinks that and you dont need to use colone or anything, just good old fashioned butt paper and washing yourself with soap.[/quote]
What the hell did I just read?

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Scrotus wrote:

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

mmm…What?[/quote]

And this is ‘bad’?
[/quote]
What the hell did I just read?[/quote]

The truth.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Scrotus wrote:

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

mmm…What?[/quote]

And this is ‘bad’?
[/quote]
What the hell did I just read?[/quote]

The truth.[/quote]
Must be. It hurts. I agree about italians though.