Because only size = alpha.

Or something.
[/quote]
Bigger wallet = more alpha[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[/quote]
I wasn’t serious[/quote]

Ok.

Phew, this is a complicated topic and I dont think I have thought that through yet.

But I think the long and short of it is, money in and of itself, no, if it is an expression of who you are, yes.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’m also confused as to how entrepreneurial achievements are moot.[/quote]

Because only size = alpha.

Or something.
[/quote]
Bigger wallet = more alpha[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[/quote]
I wasn’t serious[/quote]

Ok.

Phew, this is a complicated topic and I dont think I have thought that through yet.

But I think the long and short of it is, money in and of itself, no, if it is an expression of who you are, yes.[/quote]
I agree

I like the trias of brains, brawns and balls.

Interestingly enough, balls would be the easiest to come by and yet that is what is usually missing.

[quote]orion wrote:

Interestingly enough, balls would be the easiest to come by and yet that is what is usually missing.

[/quote]

That’s because brains and balls are opposing forces.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]
Usually overlooked in young men

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

That’s because brains and balls are opposing forces.[/quote]

Please elaborate…

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

posture

[quote]smallmike wrote:
If there is a guy at work that other people can’t stand, then that guy is likely an Alpha.

The Alpha wolf in the pack is the one who stares the others down, takes whatever he wants first, and generally behaves like a giant asshole to the other wolves.[/quote]

But if he’s doing the same job as the other people he’s a shitty asss Alpha.

Shouldn’t he be the president of a mountain or chief librarian of punching in the face?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Please elaborate…[/quote]

lol… it’s not self-evident?

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
He may want to dissect

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]smallmike wrote:
If there is a guy at work that other people can’t stand, then that guy is likely an Alpha.

The Alpha wolf in the pack is the one who stares the others down, takes whatever he wants first, and generally behaves like a giant asshole to the other wolves.[/quote]

Shouldn’t he be the president of a mountain or chief librarian of punching in the face?[/quote]

What he at the very least should be is the one who raises and eyebrow where others bluster up, the one who speaks silently and the whole room goes quiet to hear what he has to say.

“Staring other people down” is a pathetic attempt of matching personal behavior with a perceived position of authority he is not ready for emotionally.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

To me, yes.

I dont know though how it is self evident for you.

Those might not be the same.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

To me, yes.

Those might not be the same. [/quote]

It’s really not complicated…no reading between the lines necessary.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

To me, yes.

Those might not be the same. [/quote]

It’s really not complicated…no reading between the lines necessary.

[/quote]

Bummer.

I thought it was dick and brains?

The truth is, the real tradeoff is brains and guts, evolutionary speaking…

IMO, it is because intelligent men often are far better of rationalizations, more likely to fall for pseudo academe BS, usually have better impulse control and more are likely to weigh the long term consequences.

Unfortunately that can turn them into cowards.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]smallmike wrote:

Shouldn’t he be the president of a mountain or chief librarian of punching in the face?[/quote]

One foreman I had was king shit of turd mountain, and man you’ve never seen someone so proud of himself.

He also used to shamelessly rock out to Lady GaGa.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:

[quote]flyboy51v wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Aw this thread was a bit of a letdown. It was some guy ragging on beginners. Potentially salvageable I guess.

I am actually pretty interested in the topic of more and more “beta males” coming into being in today’s society. For the last several years at least, pretty much from birth masculine traits seem to have been increasingly suppressed and viewed as negative. You’ve heard the old trope about “everyone gets a trophy”. Well it’s become a cliche because it’s true! Competition and winning, especially individualistically, has seemingly become a vice.

Little boys are genetically hardwired to be active, energetic, competitive, and aggressive (yes aggression is not necessarily a bad thing if properly applied). What happens nowadays is they go to school exhibiting these healthy traits and their mothers are promptly told that they have ADHD and they’re reduced to drugged up zombies. Zombies who are then taught how bad it is to be manly.

I feel like masculinity is being sort of demonized, and what happens is you’re left with a generation saturated with boys who grow into men who heavily lack assertiveness and confidence and just plain manliness.

And to relate more to the OP, I see it often in the gym. I train in a place with a lot of high school athletes, and so many of them seem to lack that certain spark. They just go through the motions. So many of them don’t have any aggressiveness or competitiveness to speak of. It’s very different even than when I was back in high school (only 7 or 8 years ago). [/quote]

Good Lord … I am NOT ragging on newbies. That’s how everyone is treating it. Everyone has been a newbie at one point or another.

I love fit women … I love strong women … who want to be around out of shape weak women???

I’m simply saying I’m seeing a lot of guys that should be men … but are still boys …

I don’t advocate not giving them help … I’m glad they’re finally getting in shape … it really has nothing to do with these two. I really don’t even know their personal stories … Im just seeing a LOT MORE OF THEM. It ain’t a good thing …

[/quote]

So now you’ve shifted your focus to insulting these out of shape weak BETA women? … If more newbies are showing up at the gym … Maybe it’s because … The weak people who were originally staying home are taking an active role in bettering themselves … And maybe we can learn to not act like a little sissy boy who was raised on a farm and played outside … And start tolerating those who are different than us … And not label people … It’s a good thing …
[/quote]

So I said something. You misinterpreted it. Then when I tell you what i meant you say I’m shifing focus. What I’m doing is shifting you back to my point. There’s absolutely no doubt that adolescence has been extended from the age of 16 to the age of 30 and beyond. I’m just starting to see it at the gym.

And the use of “tolerance” is simply a technique designed to prevent any criticism or argument. If tolerance is our goal than there can be no social criticism.

[/quote]

No, using tolerance is a technique designed so people mind their own business. I misinterpreted nothing. You said you’ve seen more weak people at the gym. The only situation you offered up was conjecture about how that means there’s more weak people. I see just as many fit people on the street today as I did 10 years ago. More weak people at the gym means more people are going to the gym, and just that. Saying this reflects some upward trend of betaness is silly.

The only problem I see isn’t with the amount of strong people in the world, it’s that the average people are being replaced with fat people.
[/quote]
The fat people ate them.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]smallmike wrote:

I would say this is usually wrong, as the guy those people cant stand is usually a beta trying to over-compensate which is a very beta activity. An alpha doesn’t have to stare anyone down as he exudes his dominance and the beta’s that desperately want to be alpha’s will put on their little show for the other beta’s and try to desperately convince themselves that they are alpha.[/quote]

In wolf/dog society at least the beta is generally the most overtly aggressive as he is the one who is most actively looking to hold/advance his position. The alpha is generally a poised, purposeful and relatively easy going animal (unless he is being actively challenged).

I have heard the alpha dog described more as a “benevolent despot” comfortable in his position and sure of his authority and less as a confrontational bully looking to tear others down to advance himself.

Of course, dogs and people different animals anyway…