MLB 2014

Predictions? Thoughts?

Lets get this started.

Hopefully we have good participation this year as we had in years past.

The Blue Jays will finish in last place.

And sabermetrics will continue to be the purview of those who didn’t play the game.

Once again, would be interested in your guys’ preseason ranks of pitching staffs.

Top-10 or Top-5 or however many.

[quote]chillain wrote:
Once again, would be interested in your guys’ preseason ranks of pitching staffs.

[/quote]

Pitching staffs?

Dodgers, Nationals, Cardinals, Tigers, Braves

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

And sabermetrics will continue to be the purview of those who didn’t play the game.[/quote]

So on par with the Giants?

[quote]chillain wrote:

[/quote]

Haven’t been paying attention to give a good answer.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

And sabermetrics will continue to be the purview of those who didn’t play the game.[/quote]

So on par with the Giants?[/quote]

Have you ever watched a live broadcast of a playoff game in Toronto that didn’t involve the Argonauts?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Have you ever watched a live broadcast of a playoff game in Toronto that didn’t involve the Argonauts?[/quote]

Raptors. 2000-2001 season. A bucket away from the conference finals.

The Phillies will be terrible, that’s about all I know at this point.

Both of their “big” signings in Burnett and Byrd will underwhelm, Howard under produces and cements his spot as one of the league’s top 10 worst contracts (probably top 5), Rollins gets benched several times throughout the season and by the end of the year everyone hates Ryne Sandberg.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
The Phillies will be terrible, that’s about all I know at this point.

Both of their “big” signings in Burnett and Byrd will underwhelm, Howard under produces and cements his spot as one of the league’s top 10 worst contracts (probably top 5), Rollins gets benched several times throughout the season and by the end of the year everyone hates Ryne Sandberg. [/quote]

If no one’s favourite team does well this season, this thread won’t make it past the 2nd page.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Have you ever watched a live broadcast of a playoff game in Toronto that didn’t involve the Argonauts?[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s when Vinsanity when to his UNC graduation in the a.m. and then settled for that pullup from 18-feet out with a Game7 on the line, right?

Go Red Sox! I don’t think they will repeat but it will be a fun season anyways.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

That’s when Vinsanity when to his UNC graduation in the a.m. and then settled for that pullup from 18-feet out with a Game7 on the line, right?

[/quote]

Good memory you have.

Honestly the whole graduation controversy was overblown. He had a good game and it came down to the wire.

He should be hated for giving up on the team a couple years later

I think the Padres have an outside chance to get a wildcard spot depending on how some of these injuries pan out.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Honestly the whole graduation controversy was overblown. He had a good game and it came down to the wire.

He should be hated for giving up on the team a couple years later[/quote]

He was rightly blamed for not even trying to get to the rim and the 2 FTs that superstars typically get awarded in that spot.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

He should be hated for giving up on the team a couple years later[/quote]

He was rightly blamed for not even trying to get to the rim and the 2 FTs that superstars typically get awarded in that spot.
[/quote]

I’m not big on focusing on the last play of the game plays in basketball . I recently re-watched the game (it’s on youtube) and they finished the first quarter down 14 points.

But you know what my biggest takeaway from re-watching the game was? Remembering how insanely good AI use to be. Watching the last few years of his career you forget how dominant he use to be.

ESPN Mag piece by Olney re: C Kershaw

Jose Reyes: One at bat and he’s injured.

I’m loving the Padres being in first place for one day. It was nice of them to rough up the beardo Wilson.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Jose Reyes: One at bat and he’s injured.[/quote]

I was on the verge of drafting this guy, but declined almost entirely for this very reason. He simply cannot stay healthy. Plus, I knew I could get Xander Boegarts several rounds later.