Men's Fitness Photoshop

shameless

Damn, it looks like his arms are caving in his chest (or just below it).

The sad thing is that so many people will see that and not notice a thing.

Why even look at such a magazine?

Andy Roddick:

“I spent the last few weeks in Austin really focused on my training and getting back into shape…but pretty sure I’m not as fit as the Men’s Fitness cover suggests…little did I know I have 22 inch guns and a disappearing birth mark on my right arm. I saw the cover for the first time when I landed after Rome…it was pretty funny…I walked by the newsstand in the airport and did a total double take …I can barely figure out how to work the red-eye tool on my digital camera…whoever did this has mad skills.”

Is this him non-photoshopped?

Isn’t he a pro tennis player? Why would his physique matter if he getting the job done?

I do agree that the photoshopping is false advertising.

Are you all really that surprised?

I would suggest that the physique doesn’t really matter to Roddick. When playing at the Australian open a few years back he was asked by the media when he would start wearing the James Blake style tank tops.

His reply “With these Spaghetti arms?”

Clearly the magazine had some problems with them though.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Why even look at such a magazine?[/quote]

Yeah, my first thought was: Who cares?

In any event, the guy will get more ass - due to his professional status than anyone would ever get because of his body.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
due to his professional status than anyone would ever get because of his body. [/quote]

What body?

The one on the cover?

Its not his. Looks like his head was cut out and stitched in the pic with plenty of air brushing to smooth it all out.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
Why even look at such a magazine?

Yeah, my first thought was: Who cares?

[/quote]

Jesus…forum hall monitors in “Get a Life”…

I doubt he gives two shits about how big his arms are – unless he wants them to stay smaller because it will somehow help his game.

I would give up any muscles I can build in the gym to have his natural athletic ability. And yes, he gets way more ass than anyone on this forum.

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
I doubt he gives two shits about how big his arms are – unless he wants them to stay smaller because it will somehow help his game.

I would give up any muscles I can build in the gym to have his natural athletic ability. And yes, he gets way more ass than anyone on this forum. [/quote]

I would put my money on pushharder.

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:

I would give up any muscles I can build in the gym to have his natural athletic ability. [/quote]

Eh, if I could just have his bank account, I’d gladly waive any athletic ability whatsoever and keep my physique over his.

This was a horrible photoshopping job. It looks like his right forearm is 3.5" bigger than his left in the picture.

They might as well have given him green skin.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
SinisterMinister wrote:

I would give up any muscles I can build in the gym to have his natural athletic ability.

Eh, if I could just have his bank account, I’d gladly waive any athletic ability whatsoever and keep my physique over his.[/quote]

Now there’s a thought

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
This was a horrible photoshopping job. It looks like his right forearm is 3.5" bigger than his left in the picture.
[/quote]

That’s pretty common in most high level tennis players.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
[/quote]

That all you see?

What about the dude’s face? It looks like it was painted from scratch!

And look at his proportions. WTF? Where’s his waist? And what’s that dirty spot on his chest on the orange shirt? Make it look like a shadow, but it looks like a stain.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Why even look at such a magazine?[/quote]

It has changed quite a bit. I have been trying some of their workouts lately and been quite happy with them.

Of course they are written by no name authors, such as Cosgrove, Cressey and Robertson

Men’s Fitness in the UK is massively focussed on endurance type events like triathlon rather than lifting, although they do still feature lifting workouts.

The cover models over here for Men’s Fitness are generally pretty skinny but ripped.

Men’s Health has some bigger guys on the cover and has more focus on weights inside. I enjoy it to read and the training advice has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, with guys like Cosgrove writing for them.

Interestingly (or not) Men’s Health did a feature on a chap called John Terry (the current England and Chelsea footie captain) a few months back, they put him on the cover with no photoshopping, scrawny physique and all. I guess they felt a guy of his sporting stature didn’t need the enhancement.

Why you would so outragously photoshop a pro athlete like that is beyond me… he is so well known that anyone could tell it is faked, you might get away with it on an obscure fitness model, but on a famous athlete, come on…