Memorial Day

On this holiday remember our Fallen Brothers and Sisters with a salute and a toast with your favorite beverage.

Saepe Expertus. Semper Fidelis. Fratres Aeterni.

[quote]Stew wrote:
On this holiday remember our Fallen Brothers and Sisters with a salute and a toast with your favorite beverage.

Saepe Expertus. Semper Fidelis. Fratres Aeterni.[/quote]

AMEN

Hear, hear. My father was KIA in Vietnam, so Memorial Day has special significance for me.

Too many people treat this like Veteran’s Day- sad that so many folks really don’t know the difference.

Thanks for putting this out there… Today I remembered them.

It’s not “National BBQ Day” as some dickhead on NBC described it.

I almost broke my TV.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

I almost broke my TV.[/quote]

Are you serious? What a dumb fuck.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Are you serious? What a dumb fuck. [/quote]

Yes, serious. I have established a one-man boycott of NBC. I will never watch that fucking channel again.

That photo (which I did not take), if any wants to know, is of a girl named Mary. She was getting married to SGT Jim Regan, who was Airborne and I had the honor of going to boot camp with and serving with him in Afganistan. He now resides in Arlington National Cemetery. He was killed in Iraq.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Are you serious? What a dumb fuck. [/quote]

Yes, serious. I have established a one-man boycott of NBC. I will never watch that fucking channel again.

That photo (which I did not take), if any wants to know, is of a girl named Mary. She was getting married to SGT Jim Regan, who was Airborne and I had the honor of going to boot camp with and serving with him in Afganistan. He now resides in Arlington National Cemetery. He was killed in Iraq.[/quote]

You served with SGT Regan in 3/75? He not just ‘Airborne’…

Link.

Every post/story has been in one way or another Memorial Day “it’s not national BBQ day.” Since most people treat it like only a 3 day weekend.

Also May is national BBQ month.