BWx8 + BWx8
45x6 + BWx8
75x6 + BWx8
100x6 + BWx8 x 3

Band Rear Delts: 10x4
Barbell Curl: Ran the Rack
Chain Hammer Curls: AMRAPx4 w/ pause at top

Notes:
Nothing. Need to prepare for squats and deadlifts. They have been hit or miss lately and they need to be on track.

6 Weeks Out: Workout 3 - Sumo

Warm Up:
OK

Cambered Bar Squat w/ Choked Light:
Up to 275x2x8

Sumo:
Some
540x1x4

Narrow Stance Pull Through: 8x5
Reverse Hyper: 10x3
Cossak + Glute Stretch/Hip Thrust: Not Enough

5 Weeks Out: Workout 1 - Squat

Warm Up:
OK

Squat:
385x5x3
405x2
425x2

Some other stuff

Notes:
Got busy again also developed an addiction to sunflower seeds. Probably going to lift as a really light 198.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Notes:
Got busy again also developed an addiction to sunflower seeds. Probably going to lift as a really light 198.[/quote]

I’m still lurking, and thinking more and more about moving my training more towards power lifting and entering a competition next year. How much are you weighing in right now? I like your variations in your lifts, seems to keep the workouts interesting and not dying from boredom! Feeling on track for 5 weeks out?

[quote]littlesleeper wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

Notes:
Got busy again also developed an addiction to sunflower seeds. Probably going to lift as a really light 198.[/quote]

I’m still lurking, and thinking more and more about moving my training more towards power lifting and entering a competition next year. How much are you weighing in right now? I like your variations in your lifts, seems to keep the workouts interesting and not dying from boredom! Feeling on track for 5 weeks out?[/quote]

BW is around 190 PM with sodium bloat from all those sunflower seends.

My training paradigm is changing mostly due to boredom, but whenever I do that I tend to find something else that works well and I respond to.

Bench I’m real confident right now, squat and deadlift not so much. Right before I formally entered meet prep, things were going really well, but then I jumped into a volume based deadlift program which has led to less than consistent workout to workout performance than I would like. When this is over, I’m going to back to squat based stuff with heavy pull session every other week alternated with speed pulls.

4 Weeks Out: Workout 2 - Bench

Warm Up:
None

1000 ct Competition Grip Bench:
Up to 315x2
…shit decided to back off

1000 ct CG Bench:
(275x2,295x2) x 3

WG Pull Ups:
BWx6
1ch x 6 x 5
BWx15

Seated DB Press: 4 sets up to heavy 12
Band Face Pulls: 10x5
EZ Hammer Curls: 8x3 heavy

Notes:
Not good. Beat going in, warm ups felt terrible. Switched to CG which felt good. I have a lot of stuff going on right now and more things just were added to the list. May also have been a week off on program, so I may lose a training week.

Not too worried about much though and this meet is just to get me back in the game. Still think things will go well. Will figure out if I will cut weight in a couple of weeks.

4 Weeks Out: Workout 3 - DL

Warm Up:
None

Sumo:
Up to 540x3

3 Hole GHR w/ Mini Band: 4x6
Reverse Hyper: 3x12

Notes:
Short and sweet. Hips started to loosen up last night so I let it ride.

3 Weeks Out: Workout 1 - Squat

Warm Up:
None

Squat:
Up to 425x1
385x3

Notes:
Vacation week. I’ll see where I weight in tomorrow. Beat from plane ride and gf came over last night and then figured out she had the flu. I was up all night. Got this one in late and it went poorly.

Working up I was too narrow and knees too far forward. This caused my to cave and good morning when the weight got heavy. I’ll work on it some on Thursday.

Hoping I don’t get flu and don’t have another travel date right before meet.

Bench workout 2 went to shit. Not going to log it.

3 Weeks Out: Workout 3 - Not Deadlift

Warm Up:
Solid

Squat:
Up to 420x2x2

Pause Squat + Squat:
365x1+1
385x1+1
365x1+1
385x1+1

Good Morning:
135 x 20-30 x Some

Hip Thrust: 4 Sets

Notes:
Out of whack and busy. Things are coming back together but I knew that vacation week would throw me off. Had a meeting and was in car for 3 extra hours today and left hip was shut down which yields pain in my left glute/low back/ql complex. Felt better after the high rep good mornings.

Not going to cut weight. May pull again early next week. Shooting from the hip here on out.

…Did this one last Friday? Had a busy weekend

3 Weeks Out: Workout 4 - Bench

Paused Bench:
Up to 315x1x5
275x6
…Trying to regroove bench. Last heavy rep felt like it should and flew up.

WG Pull Ups:
24 total w/ 1 chain
Some more without

2 Weeks Out: Workout 1 - Squat/DL

Warm Up: Solid

Squat:
5’s up to 385x5
…Super low box. Getting back in the groove

Sumo:
Up to 565x1x2
…heavy but solid
…forgot shoes so I pulled in socks and had to narrow stance a bit to not worry about feet sliding out.

Reverse Hyper: 2 heavy sets of 10
45 Degree Back Extension: Until erectors cramped

Notes:
A little off track. Just trying to get used to being under heavier weights and in the groove. Things are starting to feel as they should. I’ll probably pull an AMRAP set on Friday then no more deadlifts.

I had final workouts planned but did not account for how off things feel with even just a week off. Things are starting to settle back into the groove.

…Did this one last Friday? Had a busy weekend

2 Weeks Out: Workout 2 - Bench

Paused Bench:
Up to 305x2
255x5x2 …3000 cnt

Low Row: 5 sets
Band Rear Delts: Some
Band Scap Depress: Some

Notes:
Way off from where I should be. 10 weeks out I was hammering this. Stress is high and I another travel date has come up before meet. So it goes.

2 Weeks Out: Workout 3 - Squat:

Some
395x3
415x3
425x2

Notes:
Better. I warmed up again with some oly stuff w/ bar. I think OHS and snatches are a great warmup for powerlifting style squats.

Shit hit the fan after I got back. Just working a lot and not being able to fall asleep. Don’t think it’s over training, I just have a lot of stuff going on right now. I have more travel before meet then letting the chips fall where they may next Saturday. Not cutting weight with everything that is going on.

Opener will be 425 on squat, 315 on bench, and 540 on deadlift. Second attempts should be meet PRs and if things go right third attempts will match gym PRs. A 600 deadlift could be there. Not getting my hopes up for any of it.

Went something like 450, 325, 601, 7/9. Happy with that, would preferred making 181, but that gets me back in the game. Weighed in around 190 with a lot of coffee around 7:00 or so and rules brief not until 9:00 AM.

Some mistakes, not weighing in day before and sleeping in day of meet, shit training 4 weeks outs, and making weight but that’s about it.

Stretched out last night and this am and my hips felt bad warming up to squat, like something was going to tear. Happy with how squats went considering. Missed third. It should have been there. Going pretty deep on these.

Bench stalled pretty hard. Tuscherer wrote an article about training through the meet come bench time not too long ago, which my experience supports. I can train it hard and with high volume with good results, but less work and it falls off fast and takes some time to get back. Wanted a PR bench here and would have had it it training but life got in the way. This will be back soon I could guarantee it based on typical training days.

Deadlift, I broke the 600 barrier, barely. First and second attempts were good as it goes. Let chest cave on the third and had to work to get shoulders back but 3 whites and milestone. I’m going to focus on squat for the time being and only pull heavy every other two weeks.

Week off, then a lot of lighter volume squats w/ ssb or high bar to build up quads which may be lacking. I’m getting soft and getting back in shape is top priority. Should happen really quick with easy diet tweaks. Not sure if I will return to logging stuff or not.