Maximum Strength AND Speed

what do i do now???

I been training for speed since like the beggining of football season in lik 06 but i first realized mah diet wusnt good so den i fixed tht upp nd i havent been goin all tha down in squats so i started goin lower nd i been doin power drills for a while nd dere not working like i been tha same speed 4 a while.

I read that to get faster u have 2 get stronger and then do plyos with the new strength to get new speed i jus started the defranco westside thing b/c i need sum size too. Soo what should i do and do you know how low am i supposed 2 go on squats??

What is “ND Speed”?

I’ve never seen anyone communicate quite like you do!

I think he may mean AND by nd, maybe his A button doesn’t work.

You need to show your stats some before anybody can help you. wieght height, speed, weight you lift etc…
If you run a 4.2 40 there would be no way for us to really help you run faster.

well im 5 7 165 (but i was carbo loading the week be4 my weigh-in) i can squat like 275 once going all the way down my fastest 40 was a 4.9 by my football coach andd at this combine i went to i had a 89 inch standing reach (i stretched out on that lol) a 113.5 and had a 24.5 inch vert but i think i could of done better b/c i had a 27 at this place i went to

airtruth -

What if you run 4.20 and your first 3 steps are more like a stumble?

Or yu run a 4.20 and there is a glaring weakness on a performance indicator ( vj, power clean, etc ) that we proved here that does somewhat translate?

Get stronger and if your doing it for football dont be afraid to gain weight.

If you stumble and run a 4.2 40 you better be making a lot of money.!!!

I don’ tknow how much time you have to workout, but if you want speed you should probably be sprinting more. For now work on your leg strength and running. Once you can squat your bw for 5 Quality reps in 5 seconds then start to use plyos. Try to go parallel or lower, but see if your HS has a S & C coach to make sure you are working out correctly.

For football you should SPRINT the length of the field once or twice and run a ton of 10’s, 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
airtruth -

What if you run 4.20 and your first 3 steps are more like a stumble?

Or yu run a 4.20 and there is a glaring weakness on a performance indicator ( vj, power clean, etc ) that we proved here that does somewhat translate?[/quote]

Airtruth -

The truth is, with enough power to pop out a 4.20 the vj is probably already up there without even training it - 35" plus. Power clean would come up from learning the movement.

But once in a while you see these staggering numbers, with a HUGE flaw. IE: terrible start and staggering for the first 3 steps…

Just had to say it.

I lolled

[quote]pressure92 wrote:
well im 5 7 165 (but i was carbo loading the week be4 my weigh-in) i can squat like 275 once going all the way down my fastest 40 was a 4.9 by my football coach andd at this combine i went to i had a 89 inch standing reach (i stretched out on that lol) a 113.5 and had a 24.5 inch vert but i think i could of done better b/c i had a 27 at this place i went to [/quote]

This is the grammar police. You are under arrest.

You will get stronger AND faster if you learn how to speak English.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
What is “ND Speed”?

I’ve never seen anyone communicate quite like you do![/quote]

he probably pushed “caps lock” on accident instead of “A” when he was typing and.