Mass Gaining Program

hey all, im geared towards powerlifting but i feel i lack a amount of muscle so this is my idea to gain mass, after some sugestions ive decided to not just do all high reps, so let me know what u think.

Monday: 4x10 squats
dynamic box squats with60-75% max weight doing six sets of 3
arm work (for strongman and gaining mass purposes)

tuesday:
4x10 bench
miltaries, front/lateral/rear raises
skullcrushers and extensions

wed. coan deadlift cycle

thursday: off

friday:
ME squat with 5x3 or such (dont like singles on squat)
high rep box squats 8-10 or so
more arm work

saturday:
8x1 on bench (i like singles here)
then high reps on CG incline, one set of bw dips for max reps, some raises and be done with it

sunday: off

i was thinking by having one day of reps and one of max effort i could get best of both worlds, mass and keeping my max strength up let me know what u think

To be honest mate I wouldnt deviate too much from a powerlifting style split. Insted of singles hit more 3s, 5s, and 3 x 3’s and then bump up the reps on the assistance movements.

EG your 1st squat day

back squat up to a 3x3
box squats 6 x 2
rdl 3 x 8-12
split squat 3 x 8-12
calf raise 2 x 20

I find that doing this allows me to maintain focus on the big lifts whilst still getting in plenty of volume.

hmmmm, i do like that but u after doing low reps for so long u just like a change? i feel like i want to keep a few high rep schemes in there plus i feel like its helping cuz its so radiclly different, but thats why im keeping one day for squat and bench to be low reps, i just started this so ill give it a few more weeks then switch it up to what ur saying if it doesnt work thanks man

I’d maybe do a few low rep sets followed by higher rep sets of the same exercise

e.g. 3x3, then 2-3x 8-12

combine high reps and low reps. high reps on 2 days, low reps on 2 days.
eg monday-bench(53),military(53), decline(33),close grip bench(55)
tuesday-deadlifts-53, pullups 310 rows(56),rear delt lat raises(26), curls(3*5)

thursday- incline-(412-15), flat(410-12),rack lockouts(410-12),lateral raises(215),front raises(215)
friday-squats(4
6-8),front squats(33), rows(410),pullups(410), curls(310 triple dropset)
just my 2 cents

I only have been training seriously for a little over a year, but I have found that for me, the best rep range for mass is 3-6. Whenever I keep the Big 3 in this rep range and try to push the volume, I grow.

That being said, you may have had different experiences.

The only thing I would change about your program is the number of leg days. you have 3 days devoted to the squat/deadlift. Go ahead and try it, but IMO that will be a bit too much.

You could split it like this:

Monday: ME/DE Squat
Squat Variation 3-5x3
Box Squat 6-10x2 (DE - add bands or chains if desired)
Lower Back and Abs

Tuesday: Keep as is

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Coan Deadlift Cycle

Friday: Off

Saturday: Same

Sunday: Off

[quote]thephantom wrote:
I only have been training seriously for a little over a year, but I have found that for me, the best rep range for mass is 3-6. Whenever I keep the Big 3 in this rep range and try to push the volume, I grow.

That being said, you may have had different experiences.

The only thing I would change about your program is the number of leg days. you have 3 days devoted to the squat/deadlift. Go ahead and try it, but IMO that will be a bit too much.

You could split it like this:

Monday: ME/DE Squat
Squat Variation 3-5x3
Box Squat 6-10x2 (DE - add bands or chains if desired)
Lower Back and Abs

Tuesday: Keep as is

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Coan Deadlift Cycle

Friday: Off

Saturday: Same

Sunday: Off

[/quote]

ive never been overtrained in myu life, ive always made gains if i switch things up after a while and do to bad first year of training my legs are the weakest which is why i need two squat days, so i think ill do as someone suggested and do 3x3 and then follow with 2 sets of 10 or one of 20 something like that.
thanks for all the input

I agree with others, that a widowmaker set after your ME lift with the same exercise is the best combination for size and strenght. (got the hint from an experienced lifter)

But I’m rather curious about the combination of a ME squat day and the coan dl cycle. Would the amount of lower back training be tolerable? Please find out for me. ^^

haha ok andy, so far ive had a sore back from week one but i fixed it by sitting on a stability ball for 30 min or so periods really helped me out

You are in high school. Lift heavy and eat more. It doesn’t matter how much you think you eat now, you need to eat more. Oh and lift something heavy. Then eat some more.

haha luca is 4000-5000 cals enough a day? and 80 gram protein shakes post workout enough?

40g will do it

How much to you weigh? If you grow eating 4000kcals then its enough for now, if you dont, then eat 500kcals a day more etc.

250 now, gained 10 pounds in the past month so id say its working

are there any times when you are hungry during the day? If so then eat more. A wise man said that if you don’t vomit at least twice a day from eating too much then you need to eat more.

haha ur crazy luca, im pretty fatish id say husky so i can afford to loose some weight im checking my weight once a week so ill change my diet based on that

Well you said you wanted to gain. And what’s wrong with being fat? Fat, bloated, and strong is the only way to go through life.

Try this: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_ready.htm

[quote]JoeC5267 wrote:
Try this: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_ready.htm[/quote]

That seems like an awful lot of volume to start for someone as skinny as the target market of that article. At least I think so. Has anyone tried that?

thats basicly what im on, only i do 4x10 on major exercises and 3-5x8-12 on assistance

its sexy, i feel bigger already