Man Vs. Wild Clip

New show on TV... This dude is crazy, and awesome at the same time. I'm surprised the guy isnt dead by now (not really, but still, he does some crazy things)

http://www.linkognito.com/b.php?b=259

In the Australia episode he drank his own urine.

That is some crazy stuff. I like when he said the tiger scorpion tasted like cheese that was sitting around for 3 weeks, but worse.

The guy is a fraud. he has a camera crew with him who undoubtedly does not go without water and civilized food. Should the guy ever run in to an actual emergency, i’m sure they’d handle it.

I doubt he did drink his own pee. I bet they replaced the canteen he peed in with a canteen full of water and he led you to believe he drank piss.

Survivor Man is cool though. apparently he brings his own cameras with him, sets them up to film, back tracks to pick them up and moves on. if we are to believe that plot, he actually is on his own for a week.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

I doubt he did drink his own pee. I bet they replaced the canteen he peed in with a canteen full of water and he led you to believe he drank piss.

[/quote]

I didn’t see any cuts away from him when he did that…

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
The guy is a fraud. he has a camera crew with him who undoubtedly does not go without water and civilized food. Should the guy ever run in to an actual emergency, i’m sure they’d handle it.

Survivor Man is cool though. apparently he brings his own cameras with him, sets them up to film, back tracks to pick them up and moves on. if we are to believe that plot, he actually is on his own for a week. [/quote]

Of course his crew would save him - what’s the point of dying for a TV show? I think the show is useful for showing some cool tricks to try if you are really desperate, but Surviorman probably has better advice. Some things seem to be set up in order to make the show interesting in the time they have to film, but it doesn’t bother me. As for being a fraud, he was in the SAS and the youngest man to climb Everest. If he said he drank pee, I believe him.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

Survivor Man is cool though. apparently he brings his own cameras with him, sets them up to film, back tracks to pick them up and moves on. if we are to believe that plot, he actually is on his own for a week. [/quote]

Bottom line, even if the urine one is fake, he still ate all that other nasty ass shit. Why dont you fake a few videos for us??

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to shit on everyone?

[quote]escot4 wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to shit on everyone?[/quote]

He’s jealous and has a little penis.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
escot4 wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to shit on everyone?

He’s jealous and has a little penis.
[/quote]

Maybe he only likes guys that really drink their own pee.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

Ok. You do have a valid point that Bear has a camera crew who may or may not provide him with food. I am a HUGE Man vs. Wild fan, and I come back at you with this.

Have you seen the Survivor Man episodes where:

1. He is adrift at sea and anchors to the “safety boat” for the night during a storm to get some sleep. I would say that’s not very possible if you are really adrift. Survivor Man is definetely not “on his own for the week.”

2. In the episode where he is in the desert he has a bicycle. A damn bicycle in the middle of the desert! He then goes on to use bicycle parts for survival reasons later! Also he tapes himself eating a bag of Fritos later in the same episode! While Bear might/might not get food from his crew, Survivor Man has proudly done this and nobody bats an eye.

In my opinion, Man vs. Wild is one of the best TV shows today.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

Yea thats it, condemn a former SAS soldier with no proof. Bear Grylls is a born survivor, you have to be one to become a british sas soldier which is on par with the american delta force. Let just take a look at what this guy had to do.

Hike in the jungles of malaysia for a month. Each time w/ less recovery time, more weight , and longer distances.
Learn armed combat in the f’n jungle again. This time using live ammunition.

Then after that, evade a hunter force for a week. Ater giving himself up , he gets interrogated and tortured.
2-7 percent who apply pass
I’m pretty sure this guy knows how to survive. “fraud”? … give me a break.

EDIT: ok, i was a tad harsh. i read about his career on wiki and only realized he
A. Climbed Mt Everest at 23(youngest brit ever). Where on his first recon climb, he fell into a creavase, knocked uncounscious and had to save himself. Then took 90 days to descend in the “death zone”

B. he completed the first unassisted crossing of the frozen North Atlantic, Arctic Ocean in a rigid inflatable boat.
C. Ate a f’n zebra carcas.
D. last one… pissed on his shirt(headdress) to keep him cool.

[quote]Outrage247 wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:

I didn’t see any cuts away from him when he did that…
[/quote]

you don’t see cuts when peoples heads get blown off in movies either.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:

Survivor Man is cool though. apparently he brings his own cameras with him, sets them up to film, back tracks to pick them up and moves on. if we are to believe that plot, he actually is on his own for a week.

Of course his crew would save him - what’s the point of dying for a TV show? I think the show is useful for showing some cool tricks to try if you are really desperate, but Surviorman probably has better advice. Some things seem to be set up in order to make the show interesting in the time they have to film, but it doesn’t bother me. As for being a fraud, he was in the SAS and the youngest man to climb Everest. If he said he drank pee, I believe him.[/quote]

I’m sure he is capable of surviving and i’m aware he was British military.

I’m just saying not everything people are gushing about on his show are actually happening.

The show does provide entertainment but it isn’t real. Neither is Survivor Island or what ever it was or the WWE.

[quote]Big_Country wrote:
texasguy1 wrote:

Ok. You do have a valid point that Bear has a camera crew who may or may not provide him with food. I am a HUGE Man vs. Wild fan, and I come back at you with this.

Have you seen the Survivor Man episodes where:

1. He is adrift at sea and anchors to the “safety boat” for the night during a storm to get some sleep. I would say that’s not very possible if you are really adrift. Survivor Man is definetely not “on his own for the week.”

2. In the episode where he is in the desert he has a bicycle. A damn bicycle in the middle of the desert! He then goes on to use bicycle parts for survival reasons later! Also he tapes himself eating a bag of Fritos later in the same episode! While Bear might/might not get food from his crew, Survivor Man has proudly done this and nobody bats an eye.

In my opinion, Man vs. Wild is one of the best TV shows today.
[/quote]

I forgot about that survivor man episode. i believe he did mention that the help was exclusive to that episode due to the shear danger of it. It was dissapointing when he had help though.

I watch Man vs. Wild too and enjoy it, but it isn’t like it’s real or that he is even alone.

It’s funny when he makes lonely comments in to the camera his camera crew is holding.

Survivor Man did recieve help though, you are right. I would still believe he has actually been alone for episodes though, and Bear hasn’t.

Not that that diminishes Bears military training or anything it’s just that we are talking about his “reality” tv show.

The show kicks major ass. This guy is pretty awesome.

He states at the beginning of each show that his camera crew is only allowed to assist him on life, or death situations.

His climbing isn’t fake. His swimming in freezing water isn’t fake, his pissing on his t-shirt to cool his head off wasn’t fake, and his eating bugs isn’t fake.

He does do some crazy stuff - even if it is orchestrated. I don’t think it is. And that’s good enough to keep me watching his show.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:

I find it unbelievable that you would call a former SAS trooper and the youngest Briton to climb Mt. Everest a fraud because he has a camera crew. Exactly how much survival training do you have?

Umm, those are clearly shot from a camera sitting on the ground.

Don’t forget that he drank water from elephant dung that he squeezed.