Losthog—2018 First year

Word. Straight up.

4 Likes

10/19/18– Pollack Day3

Going into this one my hamstrings on the distal posterior were/ are so tight I can barely stand up.

Walking lunges x20
SSB squat
65x10
155x8
175x8
205x8

Squat
135x10
265x15 (help me mommy plz don’t let the bad man hurt me anymore)

Hack squat
50x12
25x8

GHR 3x10

Banded hamstring curls
2x20

Seated calf raises
135x10
225x10
315x6

Not too bad. My legs are shot. Much different way of training in this program. I miss my 5s.
My body parts are so trashed I can barely move two days post workout…doms is real with this one.

12 Likes

If it helps I finish all my showers with cold water for a minute or two. I’m pretty sure it helps.

I also stretch pretty thoroughly after every session.

1 Like

I’ll try that I’ve been trying to stretch all day. Super tight.

For hammies, get under a hot shower. Start with the jet on your lower back and try to get as close to touching your toes as possible. Sounds weird AF, works a treat.

3 Likes

Standing on a tennis or lacrosse ball helps too - google it

2 Likes

That’s a beast of a set right there. :muscle:

4 Likes

Yes sir it was. About rep 8 I wondered if I had gone too heavy. By rep 11 I wished I had picked lighter weight but knew I had the set. Last two reps were glorious and the rerack was awesome.

265 x 15 agree with Maier
beastmode Hog.
You are going to end up winning the virtual PL comp.

1 Like

Naaa I weigh 275 so my wilks is really low

1 Like

Superdialed in the diet this week and found maintaince. Treating myself a bit today with:

11 Likes

Haha this exactly how I’ve felt the last month. Consider it an investment, when you come back to the 5s you’ll have a new set of tools to work with

3 Likes

We can cut it both ways. One metric can be overall total (and totals in individual lifts) as well as wilks. That will be awesome

2 Likes

Could just ditch the wilks. I mean it’s just a friendly competition, who cares?

2 Likes

I care Young Duke I care.
And I hope there be some age related advantage too.
I haven’t (yet) read about how to measure Wilks, but I will.
It’s gonna be fun how the light ones with decent weight on the bar compares.

4 Likes

I guess, but i mean wilks is kind of silly (in my opinion) because it downplays a heavier lifter. Lets say a lighter guy lifts x amount of weight which the heavier guy also lifts. For the higher guy to have a decent wilks the weights will be even higher. Say you’re a tall guy so you weigh alot more compared to the shorter guy, how is that fair that your wilks sucks?

3 Likes

Their is a break over but it doesn’t punish a little guy for being little. The formula isn’t perfect but it is a way that is standardized to have everyone compete and a levelized playing field

1 Like

I agree, kind of. But I think for this comp, we don’t necessarily need it (although it will be interesting to see). Only in cases like C.C. Holcomb and Stefi Cohen going at it for the all-time wilks record does it really matter. C.C. is around 90kg and Stefi is under 60kg I believe, so obviously C.C. was able to lift more. Stefi set the ATWR at a meet probably 6 months ago at this point, and in the same meet, C.C. broke THAT record. So in cases like that, yeah, it’s nice to have a standardized metric to compare lifters. But for our purposes, I don’t think it’s that important. I’m interested to see what my wilks is, but I’m okay just comparing overall totals for a) weight classes, and b) age groups.

1 Like

Who the fuck cares about Wilks outside the IPF anyway :joy:

4 Likes

Just saving this info here