Long-Time Disciple of Ellington Darden

Dr. Darden’s methods and principles work! His success coaching many athletes and someone like me to maximum muscle and strength gains is well documented.

I came to Arthur Jones and Dr. Darden at the Nautilus Lake Helen, FL location in the mid-1970s to help regain my ability to walk after an automobile accident paralyzed me. There was no rehab facilities back then. I was carried in and walked out.

We’ve stayed in touch on and off over the years. I’m so grateful for this platform, his wisdom and his many publications.

W.G. Hobby

4 Likes

W.G. Hobby was a one-of-a-kind trainee. I have never seen a man more disciplined and devoted to proper strength training. He remains at the top of my all-time athletes and experiences.

2 Likes

Would be very interested to hear more about this.
Andrew

2 Likes

Nice to see a tribute to an acknowledged authority in this game.

1 Like

Thank you, Dr. Darden. Your words mean a lot.
Have you ever or would you consider writing down your memory of my time rehabbing in Lake Helen?
My memory regarding the details is faint due to the TBI. Though I do vividly remember feeling small next to Casey Viator amongst others.
W.G. Hobby

1 Like

Yes, I’ll put together some details from your rehab months. What year did your father bring you into the Nautilus gym in Lake Helen?

3 Likes

Thank you. I believe it was 1975.