Long term TRT and fertility

Hi all, just wanted to get some thoughts on my situation at the moment and advice on fertility after long term TRT.

I have done various blast and cruises over the past 7 years, now aged 34 (never more than 500mg test and very rarely stacked with anything else). Settled on 125mg of test the past year as it’s a dose I feel best on, better quality of sleep, more energy whilst still having benefits in the gym.

Me and my partner are now looking to try for a baby but I am worried about my fertility and will be visiting a doctor to see where I stand but just wanted to get some thoughts from others who have maybe been in similar situations. We’ve been trying for 6 months now with nothing happening.

I am thinking to go cold turkey on the test to give myself the best chance as my usage is hidden from my partner. When I go for a fertility test ideally I’d like to give myself the best chance to conceal my numbers and have a semi normal count so in my situation would you drop the TRT and jump onto HCG? Or would you keep taking the TRT? Ideally I don’t want to feel like shit if it can be avoided.

Could I give my sperm count a semi-normal look just by adding HCG to my current dosage of test?

Appreciate this is all speculation but just was interested to see if anyone has been in a similar situation and managed to get through it. Any replies would be helpful

There’s no guarantees. You’re assuming that you’re the one with the problem and not your girlfriend.

It’s best to wait and see the results of your sperm analysis.

If your sperm results are not favorable, <15 million, you could add hCG and FSH injections to your TRT protocol.

1 Like

There is a good thread going here regarding TRT/HCG fertility. Ideally, adding HCG WITH your TRT should produce results. Was on TRT for approx 6 years, with some increases, took HCG 200 iu every day and got the old lady pregnant in about 2 months. YMMV obviously. Some take much higher doses of HCG to get results, but from what ive seen, no need to drop the TRT dose… Maybe lower if you want but i didnt.

1 Like

I’d find an endo and work with them. They’ll likely wean you off t, add hcg and clomid.

Unsolicited, I know, but I would also tell your partner. This is pretty massive information that can alter the trajectory of her life and cause some very deep seeded sadness and then resentment if she finds out later.

1 Like

No any input is welcome otherwise I wouldn’t have posted, completely agree with you

1 Like

Agree, she deserves to know what is going on.

For the record, you should be able to recover just fine and have a baby. But Inwould follow endo advice, not steroid discussion forums. She will at least know what the situation is and not go in to freak out mode that women with a ticking biological clock and pregnancy difficulties experience.

1 Like