London (UK) Gyms

I’m going to be in London for 2.5 weeks. I’m staying in the city, near St. Paul’s Cathedral. Anybody know of any decent gyms within walking distance?

Thanks.

[quote]mikeland wrote:
I’m going to be in London for 2.5 weeks. I’m staying in the city, near St. Paul’s Cathedral. Anybody know of any decent gyms within walking distance?

Thanks.[/quote]

it’s been my experience that gyms here don’t really do short time memberships. i don’t know why that is. my friend wanted to work out for a month at a local gym and they refused to take his business.

some local gyms near that area are GymBox on Holborn, LA Fitness on Lamb’s Conduit, and Cannon’s on Mecklenburgh Square. if you do a google search on LA Fitness or Fitness First, you may be able to find a local branch of these chain gyms near your specific area.

p.s.-be prepared to be shocked by the lifting culture in london.

[quote]mikeland wrote:

Thanks.[/quote]

Soho Gyms do short term summer memberships I believe. They are generally pretty well equipped (compared to other chain gyms in London!) and there is a new one at Waterloo (not far from you). It’s not a gay gym but there are quite a lot of homos, not that there is anything wrong with that…

Your best bet is going to be an independant gym, I’m sure there are loads but I’m at a bit of a loss as to how you would go about finding one. Perhaps other London based T-nationers could help out?

Cheers,

I am off to London for the long term (2 years) - work related.

Where would be a solid/hardocre be found in and around Clerkenwall? That is where I am thinking of staying…

What is the lifting culture in London?