Legalizing Weed

Na, cant stop here:

Marihuana is responsible for the raping of white women by crazed negroes.? ?Hearst Newspapers Nationwide

?Marihuana influenced negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men?s shadows, and look at a white woman twice.? ?Hearst Newspapers

?Negro entertainers with their jazz and swing music are declared an outgrowth of marihuana use which possesses white women to tap their feet.? ?statements to Congress by Anslinger, FBN

?Marijuana leads to homosexuality, the breakdown of the immune system, and therefore to AIDS.?
– Carlton Turner. White House Drug Czar under Ronald Reagan.

and… finally:

“We felt the effects of herb were so dangerous that it was better to lie to the american public to save them rather than tell them the truth…” - Partnership for a Drug Free America

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Told you before Pittski, you cannot justify legalization of pot by claiming that alcohol is also bad. Basically what you and the idiot who wrote that article is saying is that they’re both bad so why not legalize pot. If pot is as bad as alcohol (and in my opinion it’s worse) then we will about double the traffic fatalities, health costs and the many legal and social problems that come with alcohol.

Not a good way to win anyone over to your argument. If you cannot justify legalizing pot without mentioning how bad alcohol is ALSO, then you lost the debate.
[/quote]

How is it worse? Why should the government care?
[/quote]

How much pot do you smoke during the course of a month?[/quote]

Good job avoiding the question. Wait a minute, actually…no, no it wasn’t. That was a terrible job avoiding the question.

But since I’m a helluva damn good guy, I’ll answer YOUR question; I have never smoked pot in my life. I’ve never even smoked a cigarette to be honest. Which is strange really considering all my friends growing up smoked pot and did drugs.

Your support for prohibition is strange, ZEB.
[/quote]

I didn’t want to get into the pot is worse than alcohol debate. It would lead to a series of links posted by me with counter links posted by you. The Internet is rife with all sorts of information for both sides.

Yes, I think pots worse shall we start posting links, move to the actual topic or…what do you want to do?

[/quote]

Sure, post your links and back up your position. But you also need to tell me why you back the governments prohibition on weed, and why the states benefit from our foolish, embarrassing, and wasteful war on drugs.

I thought you liked smaller government with more personal freedom?

[/quote]

The man with his fingers and head up his ass just wants smaller Government where it deals with poor people

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Told you before Pittski, you cannot justify legalization of pot by claiming that alcohol is also bad. Basically what you and the idiot who wrote that article is saying is that they’re both bad so why not legalize pot. If pot is as bad as alcohol (and in my opinion it’s worse) then we will about double the traffic fatalities, health costs and the many legal and social problems that come with alcohol.

Not a good way to win anyone over to your argument. If you cannot justify legalizing pot without mentioning how bad alcohol is ALSO, then you lost the debate.
[/quote]

How is it worse? Why should the government care?
[/quote]

How much pot do you smoke during the course of a month?[/quote]

Good job avoiding the question. Wait a minute, actually…no, no it wasn’t. That was a terrible job avoiding the question.

But since I’m a helluva damn good guy, I’ll answer YOUR question; I have never smoked pot in my life. I’ve never even smoked a cigarette to be honest. Which is strange really considering all my friends growing up smoked pot and did drugs.

Your support for prohibition is strange, ZEB.
[/quote]

I didn’t want to get into the pot is worse than alcohol debate. It would lead to a series of links posted by me with counter links posted by you. The Internet is rife with all sorts of information for both sides.

Yes, I think pots worse shall we start posting links, move to the actual topic or…what do you want to do?

[/quote]

Sure, post your links and back up your position. But you also need to tell me why you back the governments prohibition on weed, and why the states benefit from our foolish, embarrassing, and wasteful war on drugs.

I thought you liked smaller government with more personal freedom?

[/quote]

The man with his fingers and head up his ass just wants smaller Government where it deals with poor people
[/quote]

By your logic then I should want all drugs legalized because that means even smaller government.

So, to recap you’ve gone from arguing that pot should be legalized because it is no worse than alcohol, to now claiming that anyone who is for smaller government should want drugs legalized.

You are definitely not thinking clearly. And that begs the question, has consuming pot on a regular basis over the past 20 years (or so) harmed your thought process? And if the answer to that question is no, then what has caused you to say such stupid things? Or, as Pushharder has said for you to be “the dimmest bulb in the pack”?

We did it better than Zeb is now.

Also:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/pot_causes_cancer?id=1917754&pageNo=0

Also this:

Has info about the studies showing a decrease in lung cancer.

Weed SHOULD NOT be legalized this is currently the largest employer of low income non-violent high on your on supply citizens. If weed is legalized and distributed through more efficient larger channels there will be too many people out there who without jobs and income and leave to incredibly high crime rates.

What we need is for it to be illegal, and cops not to harass people for it. Kinda like 1999

[quote]Professor X wrote:

We did it better than Zeb is now.[/quote]

Oh stop it Professor you know you don’t do ANYTHING better than I do.

Now would have ever thought that sucking smoke into your lungs would cause(among many other things) raspatory problems?

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html

Eh…Harvard what do they know…RIGHT?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Now would have ever thought that sucking smoke into your lungs would cause(among many other things) raspatory problems?

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html

Eh…Harvard what do they know…RIGHT?[/quote]

Not much?

I just posted about the study showing an actual DECREASE in lung cancer because of it in tests.

They can be out of date and wrong like anyone else.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

We did it better than Zeb is now.[/quote]

Oh stop it Professor you know you don’t do ANYTHING better than I do.[/quote]

I fuck better than you.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I would never condone some one smoking and driving , but the high is not intoxicating there is no lose of coordination . The biggest problem some one would have smoking and driving is making a bad decision , which is bad .

Far more harm is done by the war on Marijuana than is done by the drug [/quote]

If you’re not losing co-ordination, then you’re not smoking it right.

It should be like alcohol - don’t drive under the influence.[/quote]

I would not drive , Maybe I do not get the same effect as you. I have never loss coordination . AS a matter of fact I believe it enhances coordination . I have never seen some one that smokes pot stagger , slur speech ,act aggressive ,act disoriented .

One of my favorite things to do when smoked up is throw a base ball. My aim is better than when not smoking . Evidently my form is also better because it takes a lot less time to warm up my shoulder does not hurt during or after.

Marijuana is not an intoxicant

Definitions (2)

1. General: Substance which when taken into a body by one mean or another produces a condition of diminished mental and physical ability, hyperexcitability, or stupefaction. Commonly, a beverage is classified as an intoxicating when its alcoholic content is 0.5 percent or more.
  2. Medicine: Substance that poisons or produces symptoms of poisoning in a body. From Greek ‘toxicon,’ poison.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/intoxicant.html#ixzz25Uae4cUl

Marijuana is nontoxic

Makavali Do you smoke pot and do you get these effects ? How do you smoke pot wrong ? If it were like alcohol why would you need pot? My experience with pot is approximately 40 years . My dealer is 75 the oldest person I have gotten high with was in their 90s . They never acted any different from before to after
[/quote]

You’re belief is contradicted by studies…

Most notably reaction time is impaired.

If you wanna get baked, fine just don’t expose others to negative consequences of your decisions based upon beliefs.

[quote]orion wrote:
Na, cant stop here:

Marihuana is responsible for the raping of white women by crazed negroes.? ?Hearst Newspapers Nationwide

?Marihuana influenced negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men?s shadows, and look at a white woman twice.? ?Hearst Newspapers

?Negro entertainers with their jazz and swing music are declared an outgrowth of marihuana use which possesses white women to tap their feet.? ?statements to Congress by Anslinger, FBN

?Marijuana leads to homosexuality, the breakdown of the immune system, and therefore to AIDS.?
– Carlton Turner. White House Drug Czar under Ronald Reagan.

and… finally:

“We felt the effects of herb were so dangerous that it was better to lie to the american public to save them rather than tell them the truth…” - Partnership for a Drug Free America [/quote]

I don’t think most understand this is exactly why marijuana was made illegal to begin with…scare tactics that the “negroes” were getting all the white wimminz.

It’s sad that some still seem to think like that only minus the loud yelling about hush “blackies”.

[quote]Null wrote:

If you wanna get baked, fine just don’t expose others to negative consequences of your decisions based upon beliefs.
[/quote]

This is true…so people shouldn’t drive under the influence. In my opinion, that goes for sleep aids too. However, if I had a choice of driving on a road filled to the brim with people high as a kite or one where everyone was flat out drunk, I would drive in that high lane faster than Zeb can fill up his Depends.

I wrote this in that first link:

I still stand by it.

[quote]Null wrote:

[/quote]

This is true…so people shouldn’t drive under the influence. In my opinion, that goes for sleep aids too. However, if I had a choice of driving on a road filled to the brim with people high as a kite or one where everyone was flat out drunk, I would drive in that high lane faster than Zeb can fill up his Depends.[/quote]

Wow, you can’t muster any better an argument than others on your side (not that I expected that you could). It always comes down to a comparison to alcohol. When we know that both cause problems in health, traffic fatalities and social and legal problems as well.

But your soooo smart…so you say.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Null wrote:

[/quote]

This is true…so people shouldn’t drive under the influence. In my opinion, that goes for sleep aids too. However, if I had a choice of driving on a road filled to the brim with people high as a kite or one where everyone was flat out drunk, I would drive in that high lane faster than Zeb can fill up his Depends.[/quote]

Wow, you can’t muster any better an argument than others on your side (not that I expected that you could). It always comes down to a comparison to alcohol. When we know that both cause problems in health, traffic fatalities and social and legal problems as well.

But your soooo smart…so you say.

[/quote]

No…“smartEST”. Quote me right.

I think I went into great detail in those threads about many issues from its DECREASE f lung cancer strains and use as an anti-anxiety agent to making it way more widely available for people with chronic terminal illness.

My grandmother died of cancer. It is sad she didn’t get to have a doctor drive to her house and roll one up for her.

[quote]Null wrote:

[/quote]

Same here!

But the high people would more likely stay home anyway!

But you gotta admit it is a really effective way of disenfranchising people!

[quote]Null wrote:

[quote]Null wrote:

[/quote]

Same here!

But the high people would more likely stay home anyway!

But you gotta admit it is a really effective way of disenfranchising people!
[/quote]

The point I really wanted to stand out is that the same should go for Benedryl, Tylenol III and IV, hydroocodone, and vicodin. However, you don’t see anyone rallying against this…even though it is likely to be way more common than people so high they can’t drive right (how many times does that happen anyway? They would just stay home most of the time, right?)

Most vehicle accidents involve ALCOHOL. They have no way of knowing how much those other drugs or marijuana contribute even though the driving tests actually conducted showed less risk with marijuana.

I wrote this in that first link:

I still stand by it.[/quote]

Your basic lack of understanding of supply and demand is startling.

The fact is when a substance is legalized (and advertised) more people use it.

With legalization both supply and consumption go up. When a product is more readily available, advertised and less costly consumption has no where to go but up. Please tell me you understand the basics of capitalism (or are you a Brack Obama econ student?) And when consumption of pot goes up, health care costs go up, traffic fatalities go up and social problems (costs) go up.

What else do you think you understand that you really don’t?