Kiwi Fruit...

Anti Oxidant properties of Kiwi Fruit

"It is important to note that kiwi fruits contain a remarkable amount of Vitamin C, E and A.

Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant that has been proven to protect our body from free radicals, dramatically improving the health of individuals who consumed it regularly against all kinds of disease, from cardiovascular problems to cancer and obesity."

“Vitamin E has been proven to have similar effects, but is fat-soluble and thus is complimentary to Vitamin C in its functions. Kiwi fruits contain both these vitamins in high amount, which help protect our body against free radicals from all fronts.”

Kiwi is a great snack to have during a workout. The antioxidant properties will help speed up recovery and give you an energy kick from a NATURAL source.

vitamin C 57.00mg
dietary fiber 2.58g
potassium 252.32mg
copper 0.12mg
magnesium 22.80mg
vitamin E 0.85mg
manganese 0.08mg

wow, I had no idea it was that good for you.

I wonder how other tropical fruits compare

I recently bought “Kiwi Berries” at whole foods, and the nutritional info is similarly awesome, and they were DELICIOUS

I am addicted to these things…rather than having a protein bar, I will have a Kiwi and a huge glass of Organic skim milk.

I have to look into “kiwi berries” they sound good.

My buddy writes some good stuff on nutrition. PM me for more info.

If you take kiwi, slice it up & remove skin, then freeze the chunks of fruit. There’s nothing better than tart, frozen kiwi…

Frozen kiwi…sounds great! Going to try that out tonight

[quote]cownuttz70 wrote:
Frozen kiwi…sounds great! Going to try that out tonight
[/quote]

For Real! me too! I’m a fan of kiwi’s…

DG

they’re awesome, but why are they so small? grapefruit size would be awesome :smiley:

I eat a ton of those fuzzy things. They go great in shakes. Also really good thrown in with some greek yogurt.

Yes, big fan. They were 2 for 1$ this week at my grocery store.

They are small. Shit they make pumpkins the size od sheds. Why can’t they make Kiwi’s bigger?

when you guys try it out let me know what you think. personally i like kiwi about as sour/tart as it can possibly get.

They do grow pretty big… you guys just don’t get them. Here in NZ where they are grown, all the medium sized ones are shipped overseas to you guys and all the massive ones are rejected as being too big and non uniform for export and sold here (as long as you know where to get them)

[quote]Milkismurder wrote:
They do grow pretty big… you guys just don’t get them. Here in NZ where they are grown, all the medium sized ones are shipped overseas to you guys and all the massive ones are rejected as being too big and non uniform for export and sold here (as long as you know where to get them)[/quote]

sounds to me like you need to start an exporting business bro!

My grandfather refuses to touch kiwis. Says they look like they’d be Nelson Mandela’s testicles.

[quote]duddy wrote:
Milkismurder wrote:
They do grow pretty big… you guys just don’t get them. Here in NZ where they are grown, all the medium sized ones are shipped overseas to you guys and all the massive ones are rejected as being too big and non uniform for export and sold here (as long as you know where to get them)

sounds to me like you need to start an exporting business bro![/quote]

Agreed!

Can you imagine those badboys the size of a grapfruit or even an apple?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
duddy wrote:
Milkismurder wrote:

sounds to me like you need to start an exporting business bro!

Agreed!

Can you imagine those badboys the size of a grapfruit or even an apple?[/quote]

or a bosu ball?

Just realize a lot of those nutrients are held in the skin, its also the most tart part of the fruit.

I only mention this because I get so much flack at work for eating them whole, apparantly its weird to eat them like that?

I’ve never eaten them whole, but I want to try it. Peeling those suckers is a pain! lol

Costco had a bucket of like 12 of these bad boys for $6. I’ve been grubbin on them for breakfast and maybe PWO these past few days.

DG

i get them for 5 for a dollar at the local farmers market. lets just say i eat a lot of them

[quote]Psicks wrote:
Just realize a lot of those nutrients are held in the skin, its also the most tart part of the fruit.

I only mention this because I get so much flack at work for eating them whole, apparantly its weird to eat them like that?[/quote]

It itches like hell for me and my mouth starts bleeding. still do it when I’m too tired to peel them though :smiley:

And 5 for a dollar?! You have no idea how jealous I am of you now, duddy.

Why are you peeling the kiwi to eat it? Cut it in half…then use a spoon and scoop it out of the skin…works much better and isn’t messy at all.