Kai Greene: A Day in the Life

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]digitalairair wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I do believe Kai is a painter also. He had some huge paintings in his crib during one video shoot. I would guess he is talented and very creative. Possibly one of the more interesting characters in bodybuilding.[/quote]

No disagreement there. He seems very talented but “great mind” is a huge stretch.

All I was getting at, really.

I’ve seen those paintings before, they’re pretty awesome.[/quote]

I think people are still trapped in the idea that a “great mind” is an “intelligent mind”. They are not always the same. My cousin is a doctor and he is extremely intelligent and analytical but other than doing a great job in the ER, his hobby consists of collecting baseball cards, drinking beer, and watching football games and the only topic of conversation he can have with others are about these areas of interests and medical terminologies that only doctors can understand.
Do you think that’s a sign of a good mind?

Or how about Richard Feynman and the brilliant filmmaker Werner Herzog ? They both have average IQs of 124 and 104 respectfully (imdb source) But to me they have 2 of the greatest minds ever. Herzog problem can’t even pass a organic chemistry class even if he tried. But it’s their ability to think differently, outside the box. This is a trait more to do with creativity, or even just a personality trait and not a cognitive one (although personality IS part of the cognition, I’m just playing with words here)

And then of course, you have someone like Einstein, who had an IQ of 160, yet is extremely creative as well, appreciated the arts, literature and music. But we can’t all be Einstein.
[/quote]

I liked this post, it definitely gave me a different perspective.

That being said, I’m not sure just being creative should be a sign of a great mind, either. Being able to draw or paint I don’t think would qualify one as having a great mind. If someone is creating things completely outside the box and changing the art world/industry, I think they start to qualify as having a great mind. It gets a little complicated because art in and of itself is so damn subjective, and then you have the “what is art?” question to tackle on top of it, but I do like the idea of having a great mind being more than just intelligence as is generally defined.

I’m still not sure Kai qualifies, but if others do then that’s their perogative. I just hope they don’t think he qualifies as a great mind based on his almost incoherent ramblings on training philosophy. [/quote]

Honestly i don’t think Kai has a GREAT mind, he as a good one, a fairly beautiful one…which is only pronounced as such because he is a bodybuilder, and usually you don’t expect bodybuilders to think like he does (sorry if this offended anyone).

I definitely agree with you about the art thing.

But I think creativity is the ultimate sign of a great mind, and “creating things completely outside the box” is creativity x 100.

Being able to paint and draw is not creativity as much as skills.

Thanks for posting the vids, Kai is a breath of fresh air and Julian is sweet as.

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:
So if you guys don’t think Kai has a, “great mind,” who do you think has?

Who is the most intelligent bodybuilder you’ve ever studied?
The most creative?
[/quote]

As far as intelligence… well I dont follow BBing as religiously as some guys here do, but I dare say Arnold.

He is cunning and manipulative, take either of those qualities out of context, and they sound like “bad” traits, but its still a sign of intelligence.

You can’t tell me a dude who manages to go from some nobody in a little village in Austria few people have heard of, to a top BBer, then to one of the highest paid actors in hollywood and then have a play in politics is a man of average intelligence, no sir.

I don’t care much for what people think of him as a person, it would not surprise me to find out Arnold is something of a cunt, but I still admire his graft and his ability to manipulate his environment to suit his aspirations.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:

The most creative?
[/quote]

As far as intelligence… well I dont follow BBing as religiously as some guys here do, but I dare say Arnold.

He is cunning and manipulative, take either of those qualities out of context, and they sound like “bad” traits, but its still a sign of intelligence.

You can’t tell me a dude who manages to go from some nobody in a little village in Austria few people have heard of, to a top BBer, then to one of the highest paid actors in hollywood and then have a play in politics is a man of average intelligence, no sir.

I don’t care much for what people think of him as a person, it would not surprise me to find out Arnold is something of a cunt, but I still admire his graft and his ability to manipulate his environment to suit his aspirations.[/quote]

God fucking watch the “Making of Pumping Iron” FFS. Jesus fcking christ.

Kai Green or Arnold?

People know who Arnold is, nobody gives a shit about Kai except that he is huge. So how many people will actually look like arnold swazer-negro? Not many.

How many have aimed for and achieved what Arnold did with his body? A lot more. He is the Terminator, that sells his image perfectly.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Kai Green or Arnold?

People know who Arnold is, nobody gives a shit about Kai except that he is huge. So how many people will actually look like arnold swazer-negro? Not many.

How many have aimed for and achieved what Arnold did with his body? A lot more. He is the Terminator, that sells his image perfectly.[/quote]

?? This whole post is filled with the lulz.

Uh, how many people are walking around looking like Arnold?

1. Arnold was seen as a freak in his day just like we see kai now.

2. NO ONE in Hollywood thought Arnold would make it. He is a fluke case that happens once in a lifetime. His name was made fun of in every movie execs office…which is why he was call;ed “Arnold Strong” in his first movie and they dubbed his voice.

There is a reason there hasn’t been another Arnold…because he alone came at the right time and the right place. 10 years earlier or later in either direction and you wouldn’t know who Arnold is.

-Arnold is the result of years of ad manipulation by Joe Weider putting him as the face of bodybuilding to establish a cult following and the fascination with muscles in 80’s action movies.

By no means is his look any more “reachable” or “desirable”. You simply accept it more now because he has been in your face since your daddy was your age.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Kai Green or Arnold?

How many have aimed for and achieved what Arnold did with his body? A lot more. He is the Terminator, that sells his image perfectly.[/quote]

?? This whole post is filled with the lulz.

Uh, how many people are walking around looking like Arnold?

1. Arnold was seen as a freak in his day just like we see kai now.

2. NO ONE in Hollywood thought Arnold would make it. He is a fluke case that happens once in a lifetime. His name was made fun of in every movie execs office…which is why he was call;ed “Arnold Strong” in his first movie and they dubbed his voice.

There is a reason there hasn’t been another Arnold…because he alone came at the right time and the right place. 10 years earlier or later in either direction and you wouldn’t know who Arnold is.

-Arnold is the result of years of ad manipulation by Joe Weider putting him as the face of bodybuilding to establish a cult following and the fascination with muscles in 80’s action movies.

By no means is his look any more “reachable” or “desirable”. You simply accept it more now because he has been in your face since your daddy was your age.[/quote]

Go to serious gyms, you’ll see men closer or AT Arnold before you see any group of guys looking like Kai.

WHen I say “Look like” I dont mean an exact replica so dont let his fame cloud your judgement. Plenty of men have the muscle arnie had in his heyday.

Arnold came along because he was there, correct. However you’re telling me his BB’ing was the sole reason? I guess being able to go through Hollywood AND politics is what every BB’er can do? Sorry no.

He has the head for it and he applied himself, sure he used his star to get things but who doesn’t do that these days?

Plenty of BB’ers and martial artists around the world who are said to look better than Arnold but could the majority of them cut it at the top? I doubt it.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:

The most creative?
[/quote]

I don’t care much for what people think of him as a person, it would not surprise me to find out Arnold is something of a cunt, but I still admire his graft and his ability to manipulate his environment to suit his aspirations.[/quote]

God fucking watch the “Making of Pumping Iron” FFS. Jesus fcking christ.[/quote]

Settle down retard before you kill yourself from stress, I wasn’t referring to pumping iron, so no, i won’t go watch the making of it, I don’t need to.

Go to serious gyms, you’ll see men closer or AT Arnold before you see any group of guys looking like Kai.

WHen I say “Look like” I dont mean an exact replica so dont let his fame cloud your judgement. Plenty of men have the muscle arnie had in his heyday.

Arnold came along because he was there, correct. However you’re telling me his BB’ing was the sole reason? I guess being able to go through Hollywood AND politics is what every BB’er can do? Sorry no.

He has the head for it and he applied himself, sure he used his star to get things but who doesn’t do that these days?

Plenty of BB’ers and martial artists around the world who are said to look better than Arnold but could the majority of them cut it at the top? I doubt it.[/quote]

The majority aren’t married to a Kennedy.