Joe Pa Dead

^^^I have no idea. I’ll use my internet expertise and guess Paterno put a hit out on him because he knew in the future Sandusky’s activities would once again come to light, and Paterno wanted to make sure he could cover it up again so everyone could focus on him and not the perpetrator and the PSU administration.

I’m not sure exactly what yall think he should have done. I’m seeing alot of “He should’ve done more!!1!” and very little “He should have done ________.”

The police and administration were notified. Should they have been more notified?

Sandusky was allowed access to football facilities as part of his state retirement package. As a football coach, Joe has zero power to revoke any of these privileges. And before yall start saying “OMGz he was the god of that town!!!1!” let me rebut by telling you that, god or not, he was not above the law.

The fact of the matter is, within the law, he was powerless.

I’m sure someone is going to say something like “The law doesn’t matter, you stop the abuse etc.” That’s a great thing to say… on the internet. You don’t go breaking the law over accusations of anything, especially when the DA deemed them insufficient to prosecute. If he did, he would have been fired, and his millions in donations that help tens of thousands of others would have stopped.

In this man’s opinion, Paterno has 0 fault, 0 guilt, in any of this, based on the information we have.

For those of you who say Joe Paterno was just a football coach: JoePa took this university from a small-town agriculture school to a nationally renowned research facility, largely by his own donations. He had numerous offers for better paying jobs, but he stayed here, taking a salary below that of other coaches of half his tenure. His most recent annual base salary was 600k. He donated 100k every year to PSU, and more to other charitable organizations.

Notice how the previous paragraph makes no mention of accomplishments on the football field.

**edited

The captain goes down with the ship.

[quote]Raging_Teddy wrote:
I’m not sure exactly what yall think he should have done. I’m seeing alot of “He should’ve done more!!1!” and very little “He should have done ________.”

The police and administration were notified. Should they have been more notified?

Sandusky was allowed access to football facilities as part of his state retirement package. As a football coach, Joe has zero power to revoke any of these privileges. And before yall start saying “OMGz he was the god of that town!!!1!” let me rebut by telling you that, god or not, he was not above the law.

I’m sure someone is going to say something like “The law doesn’t matter, you stop the abuse etc.” That’s a great thing to say… on the internet. You don’t go breaking the law over accusations of anything, especially when the DA deemed them insufficient to prosecute. If he did, he would have been fired, and his millions in donations that help tens of thousands of others would have stopped.

In this man’s opinion, Paterno has 0 fault, 0 guilt, in any of this, based on the information we have.

[/quote]

The second time the police were not called. The first time, 98, it was a boy’s mother who called the police, not someone from PSU. So Joe did not do all he could/should have. He knew of a crime and knew the police were not notified. He needed permission to call the cops?

Sandusky was told to hand in his locker room keys and not to bring boys to campus anymore. So Joe still maintained a relationship with him as he still frequented the school. Joe could do nothing about it? He had no choice but to carry on a friendship with a pedophile? Sandusky still brought kids to campus btw, even after he was told not to. Again, Joe could do nothing? He could nothing within the law? But he could break the law by not reporting it to the police. It seems like with the evidence we have Joe was fine with Sandusky raping boys as long as he did it off campus.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]Raging_Teddy wrote:

[/quote]

The second time the police were not called. The first time, 98, it was a boy’s mother who called the police, not someone from PSU. So Joe did not do all he could/should have. He knew of a crime and knew the police were not notified. He needed permission to call the cops?

Sandusky was told to hand in his locker room keys and not to bring boys to campus anymore. So Joe still maintained a relationship with him as he still frequented the school. Joe could do nothing about it? He had no choice but to carry on a friendship with a pedophile? Sandusky still brought kids to campus btw, even after he was told not to. Again, Joe could do nothing? He could nothing within the law? But he could break the law by not reporting it to the police. It seems like with the evidence we have Joe was fine with Sandusky raping boys as long as he did it off campus. [/quote]

Joe didn’t know in '98. He didn’t know until McQuery told him in 2004(?).

How do you know he maintained a relationship with Sandusky? Do you know them?

Like I said before, Joe had no authority to revoke privileges. What makes you think Joe even saw Sandusky bring the kids in? Were you there? Do you think Joe just patrolled the facilities at all times?

It seems like you’re making an awful lot of assumptions.

This really applies to everyone who had a suspicion (not just Paterno)…