Joe Pa Dead

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I can’t say that the responses on this thread are totally unexpected, or even undeserved.

With that being said; many of you better hope that the sum total of your Lives are not judged as harshly as some of you have judged JoePa.

Mufasa[/quote]

If we stand by while kids get raped then they should.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I can’t say that the responses on this thread are totally unexpected, or even undeserved.

With that being said; many of you better hope that the sum total of your Lives are not judged as harshly as some of you have judged JoePa.

Mufasa[/quote]

They are incredibly undeserved and downright stupid.
I would link if I could, but an actual law enforcement officer in Pa. posted the pennsylvania statute in this matter and explained why Paterno’s actions were not only correct but why there was no more he could do.
Of course the morons here know more that Pa. police officers.
I’m sure you’re all well versed in pa criminal law and what you should do and are allowed to do in this particular circumstance.
Btw, I can’t link it because it’s a paid web site.

Ok smart guys that know so much . Show me the laws. Not some blog, op Ed piece. Opinion, clip from espn
Actual laws .

Btw the law is Title 23: Domestic relations, section 6311, c. Staff members of institutions

You report it to your superior, period. The law reads that they then handle it. You don’t anymore . It is spelled out very clearly . Law enforcement won’t talk to you about any details of the investigation

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1TFLuv/boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/is-this-the-most-impressive-human-being-on-the-planet/

EDIT: This isn’t what I copy and pasted? It was an article on Paterno. I’ll find it and post it later.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa[/quote]

I would link if I could, but an actual law enforcement officer in Pa. posted the pennsylvania statute in this matter and explained why Paterno’s actions were not only correct but why there was no more he could do.
I’m sure you’re all well versed in pa criminal law and what you should do and are allowed to do in this particular circumstance.

Ok smart guys that know so much . Show me the laws. Not some blog, op Ed piece. Opinion, clip from espn
Actual laws .[/quote]

Jesus Christ, you again? No one here is disputing that what he did wasn’t within the confines of the law. What we’re saying [and we ARE RIGHT, by the way] is that he did the absolute bare minimum and is/was morally not what everyone thought he was. The facts are he turned a blind eye to child rape for a long time. The guy was a shitbag pretending to be a saint. He got exposed and his long time supporters can’t handle it.

The law doesn’t matter…

We are morally obligated to protect children…as they are our future.

Um, how many of the kids you think are complete spazzes now who wouldn’t have been if paterno had manned up and been more aggressive with purging this evil?

The law is a joke

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
The law doesn’t matter…

We are morally obligated to protect children…as they are our future.

Um, how many of the kids you think are complete spazzes now who wouldn’t have been if paterno had manned up and been more aggressive with purging this evil?

The law is a joke

[/quote]

This times a bazillion. Seriously, as a leader (which he was) he had a moral obligation to do more than just report it to his superiors and forget about it. I love that quote about bad things just requiring good men to do nothing. There are a lot of examples of this in action and this is one of them.

james

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Btw the law is Title 23: Domestic relations, section 6311, c. Staff members of institutions

You report it to your superior, period. The law reads that they then handle it. You don’t anymore . It is spelled out very clearly . Law enforcement won’t talk to you about any details of the investigation

[/quote]

Actually you should read that carefully to see that it doesn’t apply here. The kids were not part of Penn State, and thus under its care (like the relationship between a fourth grader, his teacher and his elementary school). The cops, who are not experts on the law btw, are just grasping at anything to make Joe look less culpable.

That whole law is really for people who work with kids, teachers, social workers, doctors, etc., and not people in Joe’s position. And even if it did apply it doesn’t excuse Joe from continuing a relationship with a man who he knew had molested kids.

Yes, he knew as the grad student who accused him still had a job (why keep someone who made a false claim like that?) and the fact that actions were taken against Sandusky. The idea that Joe was not in on the cover up is ludicrous.

People should read this NY Times article…it clears up a lot of the behind the scenes during the last days that Paterno was employed.

Karma’s a bitch

what happened at penn state?

His legacy lives on!

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa[/quote]

Actual laws .[/quote]

Jesus Christ, you again? No one here is disputing that what he did wasn’t within the confines of the law. What we’re saying [and we ARE RIGHT, by the way] is that he did the absolute bare minimum and is/was morally not what everyone thought he was. The facts are he turned a blind eye to child rape for a long time. The guy was a shitbag pretending to be a saint. He got exposed and his long time supporters can’t handle it.[/quote]

Have you taken into consideration, and 10-1 says you haven’t, that because the previous allegations (very likely true) against Sandusky were not criminally prosecuted by the DA’s office the first time law enforcement looked into the matter that Paterno only reported the new incidences to his boss as required since he had been down this road before.

I love how Monday morning quarterbacks, who must surely live in bulletproof glass houses, can say with the utmost sincerity what they would have absolutely done had they been Paterno. I will bet there is more than one of you who personally knows someone who has committed a crime but failed to ever report it. I know, I know, because this involved kids you morally righteous people would have done the exact right thing in this instance.

^^^you apparently haven’t been paying attention to what’s going on so I suggest you get caught up before you feel the need to “contribute”.

I’m perfectly aware of what’s going on. None of which refutes anything I wrote.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
Have you taken into consideration, and 10-1 says you haven’t, that because the previous allegations (very likely true) against Sandusky were not criminally prosecuted by the DA’s office the first time law enforcement looked into the matter that Paterno only reported the new incidences to his boss as required since he had been down this road before.
[/quote]

I don’t get what you are saying here. Are you suggesting that perhaps Paterno knew about the 1998 allegations, and since nothing was done, he didn’t think there would be any use in pursuing the matter beyond telling the AD when new allegations came up in 2002?

And this notion is supposed to somehow absolve him?

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
I’m perfectly aware of what’s going on. None of which refutes anything I wrote. [/quote]

If you honestly believe that, you’re an idiot.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
His legacy lives on![/quote]

LOL

[quote]Ulty wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
[/quote]

I don’t get what you are saying here. Are you suggesting that perhaps Paterno knew about the 1998 allegations, and since nothing was done, he didn’t think there would be any use in pursuing the matter beyond telling the AD when new allegations came up in 2002?

And this notion is supposed to somehow absolve him?[/quote]

Note that nowhere in my writing did I say I absolved him. I neither condone or condemn his actions. What I said was that he obviously knew about prior allegations (very likely true) towards Sandusky who was not charged after an investigation. Paterno did not keep the new information to himself. I find it ridiculous that so many people act as if Paterno was the one directly responsible for raping young boys and categorically stating what they would have done had they been in his shoes in light of many mitigating factors. I should not have been surprised however, since everyone is an expert on everything while on the internet.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

I love how Monday morning quarterbacks, who must surely live in bulletproof glass houses, can say with the utmost sincerity what they would have absolutely done had they been Paterno. I will bet there is more than one of you who personally knows someone who has committed a crime but failed to ever report it. I know, I know, because this involved kids you morally righteous people would have done the exact right thing in this instance.[/quote]

Have you asked why nothing happened the first time? Have you asked why the DA in 98 went missing in 2005? Why did they find his laptop without its hard drive?