JB New Book Out!

[quote]Clark Call wrote:
Gourmet Nutrition is amazing, a great compendium of the way to eat. I have been pouring through it and have improved my eating habits and am already putting on new muscle and getting leaner. Really impressed, I am recommended to all of my friends. THanks Dr. Berardi[/quote]

Thank for the great testimonial - mind if I use it on the site? If that’s ok, email me a copy of this with your name attached. Cool?

The recipes for the bars & snacks call for either whey protein powder, just protein powder, or whey+casein protein powder. My question is can I use Grow! when the recipe calls for whey protein powder or do I need to pick up a protein powder that exclusively contains only whey protein?

I picked up some steel cut oats and quinoa from my local health food store. Any other recipe ideas for these grains?

Guys check this book out. JB and Doc Williams really get after the nuts and bolts, and then put together a ton of recipes to get you cookin’

SP

[quote]GashMan wrote:
The recipes for the bars & snacks call for either whey protein powder, just protein powder, or whey+casein protein powder. My question is can I use Grow! when the recipe calls for whey protein powder or do I need to pick up a protein powder that exclusively contains only whey protein?

I picked up some steel cut oats and quinoa from my local health food store. Any other recipe ideas for these grains?[/quote]

Low-Carb Grow! is highly recommended for any recipe calling for protein powder, as the taste and texture are simply the best(not to mention the best quality). During the experimental phases of these recipes, JB and I went through many a tub of Grow!

The recipes work with different types of protein and we like using LC Grow the best.

However I’ve found some recipes to be alright with just plain whey also.

Sometimes the Grow can thicken things up more than the whey so be sure to experiment to find which is best for you (although Grow definately tastes the best).

Dr. Berardi and Dr. Williams,

I recently got the cookbook and DVD combo. The DVD provided a host of good information and practical suggestions. I really liked the segment in the kitchen’ the “Breakfat Ritual” is something I’ll be trying soon.

I have enjoyed looking through the cookbook so far as well. Many of the recipes sound fabulous and worth whipping up.

My favorite part of the cookbook so far has been seeing recipes and foods used in the “anytime” meals. I tend to be a carb lover and preparing very low carbohydrate meals and snacks has been a bit foreign to me. If I could change anything about the ebook it may be to include a picture with more of the recipes. By the way, in Dr. B’s chili recipe I could not find a quantity specified for the cashew meal. How much would be good to use in terms of whole cashews?

Thank you gentlemen, great work!

I can’t remember ever reading a cookbook cover to cover like I did with this one. This book is terrific! John’s chili is the only thing that I have made and it will now be a staple in my house, my pregnant wife cant get enough of it. I am gonna hook up some stew this weekend too.

I do have a small issue though: serving sizes. There are some recipes where there are 2 servings and that is easily segmented but on the larger ones it is tough. When I look at two pots of chili and I need to segment into 10 it seems like a guessing game unless I actually weigh the whole pot.

Can we get some ounces or something?

Thanks.

NH-Watts