I've Dropped the Ball

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
I;m assuming your long term goal is to gain size and that you’re barely 20?

you’re at a good point for gaining size.

GEt a haircut, though…you look like a smoother stefanogym.

If you have a photoshoot scheduled in the next month, then cut.[/quote]

LMFAO, dont hate on the long hair =)

And I turn 18 in april.

You have a good solid foundation and you are on the verge of only turning 18. Nice work.

If anything, I would suggest giving more details regarding your nutrition, training and supps. And then, seeing what some of the more accomplished members suggestions are. Only, then, incorporate what makes sense to you.

My opinion, based on 28 years of training, would be to continue growing until at least 20. In the meantime, read everything you can on nutrition and continually make changes to your food consumption as you learn more.

Best of Luck!
V.

Breakfast 380 cal
1 cup milk
1 cup cereal
1 banana
1 scoop protein powder

Pre training 80 cal
1 apple

Post training 720 cal
1 banana
2 “healthy” microwave meals
1 scoop protein powder

Soup 200 cal

soup 200 cal

1 slice pizza 340 cal

Pre bed
6oz sausage 240 cal

Total calories 1800~

Theres a sample from yesterday, I was kind of low on my calories, I’ll make an effort to get that up a bit higher.

Obviously the slice of pizza is bad, the soup was about 15g carbs, 10g protein per serving, I had 4 servings.

The “healthy” microwave meals are eaten cause they are easy for me to cook, I useually have them after training, and come with about 30-40g of carbs each, 20 grams protein and 5-6 fats.

The cereal is whole wheat cereal, come with about 10 grams of protein per serving, I probably don’t need to cut it out right now, although there are better choices.

I Skimped out later in the day on eating, normally I’d eat more sausage and have fish oil with it.

Today’s diet is going to be impossible to log, as I’m going to my grandmas, I’ll try to stay away from most of the REALLy bad stuff, and I’ll do 40 minutes of cardio on a bike later in the day.

Main thing is, eat more, and more protein + fat meals at night.

I’ll post my diet of tomarrow once that day is done, today I dont really expect to eat correctly, but hopefully training in the AM and cardio at night will counteract that some.

Definitely more protein. Yes, you can get away with lower overall cals if you’re trying to adjust your body composition (I wouldn’t suggest going this low though, and not for extended periods), but you’re not getting enough of what you really need to build/maintain your lbm.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Definitely more protein. Yes, you can get away with lower overall cals if you’re trying to adjust your body composition (I wouldn’t suggest going this low though, and not for extended periods), but you’re not getting enough of what you really need to build/maintain your lbm.

S
[/quote]

Alright, I’m going to cook a bunch of chicken breast tomarrow, and have 6oz with every meal. Do you have any tips to get more protein?

I always shoot for at least 40g prot per feeding. This means that instead of 1 can of tuna, I always eat 2, the same for sardines, burgers, etc. In the case of your meals listed above,

if you had added even 1 scoop of protein powder to your ‘meals’ that were just soup, pizza or an apple, you would have had an additional 4 servings… so approx 80g more protein at the days end. That would have made a big difference added up over a few months’ time.

S

Go nuts, man. You’re young, GET HUGE.

Then cut and thank me for telling you this.

You’re honestly psycho dude. NO ONE would consider that overweight, you’re just obsessed about body image and you have a false sense of reality as to what is overweight and what isn’t.

FACT: You haven’t met your goals

FICTION: You’re overweight

The two are not the same, so you need to RELAX and just keep pushing. Seriously…

An update: I’ve been eating to get bigger, and I’m going to be lifting to get bigger/stronger. I like the template outlined in the trilogy book, and I will be sticking with something similar for the next 10 weeks.

I’ll be rotating Between a high intensity low volume, and medium intensity medium volume, so basically rotating between lifting in the 2-5 rep range and the 8-10 rep range. Week 5 will be a high volume, light weight backoff week.

After the 10 weeks is up, I will then switch focus to improving conditioning/power for 16 weeks, as well as taking up boxing lessons.

Midway through the 16 week speed/conditioning block I will readjust medium term goals.

My goals for the 10 week period, by march 2nd are as follows, in order of importance

Barbell Incline Press 205x5 (155x8)
Paused Close Grip Floor Press 275x3 (245x3)
Deadlift 445x5 (395x3)
Squat 375x3 (335x3)
Smith Incline Press 235x5 (160x5)
Morning Weight 215 (200)
Overhead Press 185x3 (155x2)
Chest Supported Row 235x5 (180x3)
Dumbell Row Loose form 120x20 (110x10)
Flat Bench 315x1 (275x2)

Preformance wise I feel like I really need to focus on incline pressing, the incline pressing goals are priority, as are the tricep goals. I wont be focusing on flat benching at all this block.

Ideally, I’ll be able to sit around 205 for a while after slowly coming down from 215-220. I’d like to take the cut from 215-220 pretty slow, focusing mainly on power/conditioning with the body falling in line with propper nutrition

I injured my wrist minorly, in a way unrelated to training. It isnt so bad, I’ll just be sure not to aggrivate it. It feels like one of the tendons responsible for curling my hand upwards (dorsiflexion?) is irritated a little.

Heres a sample training day. Leg day, high intensity low volume. This day is a bit more posterior chain dominant than I do on leg day usually, but I kind of liked it.

Deadlifts
365x3
385x3
385x3

Hyperextension/glute ham raise thing
75x8x3

Rear delt machine
110x10x2

I’ll probably rotate between quad dominant lifts and hip dominant lifts every week. Either that, or I will be doing rack deads on back day, and squats on leg day. Regardless, the weight is heavy at the top, no off the floor, and I need to work on back strength.

I’m going to forget about my deadlift goal, and replace it with a rack pull, once I get a ballpark on how much I am pulling.

I’ll be training Chest/tris sometime tomarrow