Its a Jeep Thing

[quote]GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
Nothing wrong with that to my knowledge But my 95 ZJ is riding on 44 inch boggers with drivetrain parts donated from chevy and ford 1 ton trucks .
[/quote]

That’s what I’m talking about - in order to make a decent jeep, you have steal from REAL vehicle makers.

To make a decent Jeep all you need is the Jeep, some dirt, and a lead foot. They don’t gotta be lifted to make it through some rough territory. I will never be without a Wrangler…just to much fun to own.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
Nothing wrong with that to my knowledge But my 95 ZJ is riding on 44 inch boggers with drivetrain parts donated from chevy and ford 1 ton trucks .

That’s what I’m talking about - in order to make a decent jeep, you have steal from REAL vehicle makers.
[/quote]

Since when did American Axle Corp And Dana Spicer start Making VEHICLES ? I think you have a missconception of what was done as I took axles that are available on all 1-ton trucks not just FRAUD And CHEESY And swapped them in (FAR FROM A BOLT ON SWAP) my jeep in place of the LIGHT DUTY DANA SPICER axles that were in it factory this would need to be done to any LIGHT DUTY truck/Suv to handle 44’s not just a Jeep I don’t think you grasp how seriously big and heavy a 44 Bogger is were not talking 31-33 rubber .

[quote]DAN C wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:
ironbat wrote:

I agree, this “jeep thing” is corny. Like when jeep drivers wave to one another in passing. WTF is that about?
Am I missing something???

…I think thats what they’re talking about.

“Its a Jeep thing…You wouldnt understand” -Full Trademark Quote.

Just another Cult Marketing success. Mac. Volkswagen. Starbucks. You name it.
[/quote]

Never been to Moab have you .

Nope - I don’t have a clue. Nor do I want to.

I was just trying to give the jeep lovers some shit.

I’m Corey, I’m in Springfield Ill. I’ve got a Jeep T.J. with a 6in. lift and 35in. tires. I got plenty of land to wheel on and love to get dirty. If ya ever make it this way just look for the big green jeep. I’m always looking for a new wheeling buddy so come on over. Start looking at Golds Gym.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Nope - I don’t have a clue. Nor do I want to.

I was just trying to give the jeep lovers some shit. [/quote]

Well you need to watch your step As I’M TRAINING TO BA A CAGE FIGHTER !

You still ahve a hairdressers car though *)!

[quote]GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
rainjack wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:

Since when did American Axle Corp And Dana Spicer start Making VEHICLES ? I think you have a missconception of what was done as I took axles that are available on all 1-ton trucks not just FRAUD And CHEESY And swapped them in (FAR FROM A BOLT ON SWAP) my jeep in place of the LIGHT DUTY DANA SPICER axles that were in it factory this would need to be done to any LIGHT DUTY truck/Suv to handle 44’s not just a Jeep I don’t think you grasp how seriously big and heavy a 44 Bogger is were not talking 31-33 rubber .

[/quote]
aren’t you a bit worried about stabilty there?
The biggest tire I’d put on a jeep would be 38.
And I think 35’s might be the best.
To each his own though!

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
…I think thats what they’re talking about.

“Its a Jeep thing…You wouldnt understand” -Full Trademark Quote.

[/quote]

I dont mind riding in a jeep, but its not the vehicle for me. @ 6’6" I dont fit in them. I hate folding my legs up to get under the wheel.

Just like it’s a Jeep thing, I have the Bronco thing. I loved my 79, but after that year I dont fit in them well because they made everything smaller.

Feel lucky that they are still making the Jeep as my beloved Bronco is no longer made. I now go out wheeling in my 2001 Excursion which is nice because I can take all 5 kids and my wife where as in a Bronco someone had to stay home.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Seen the new Jeep pick-up concept?
[/quote]

Cool truck, but its more fun to build one.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:
rainjack wrote:
GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:

aren’t you a bit worried about stabilty there?
The biggest tire I’d put on a jeep would be 38.
And I think 35’s might be the best.
To each his own though![/quote]

I’m probably running less lift than most of the guys you see with 38s you know the ones who run a 10 lift to clear 38’s And with the trak width I have from 19.5 wide tires And rims with very shallow back spacing attached to full width axles I would say I’m no less stable than most guys running bolt on lift kits and 35’s on a basicly stock jeep .But I’ll be doing an EXO cage when I get my bender so I’ll be able to flop it without much care .

[quote]Donzi wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
Seen the new Jeep pick-up concept?

Cool truck, but its more fun to build one.[/quote]

The old J-trucks are sweet And can be had with a nice d-60 rear and amc 360 motor stock . .

NofearNopain,

Fellow Jeeper here. Go to Raingler.com or Jeeperman.com and you will see my blue TJ under the “Action” section. “Moab 2002” Look for the Big Blue one.

A great site to talk Jeeps, ask questions, and find parts FOR EVERY KIND OF JEEP MADE is:

Over 30,000 members there.

GG

I remember years ago in 4wheeler magazine there was a hot pink jeep with 44 inch buckshots on it…now there was a 4 by!

are you jeep fanatics only a fan of the wrangler or also the liberty, grand cherokee, etc

Hell yeah Shug! That JEEP concept looks just like my old '51 Willy’s Pick Up!

I have had more than my share of big ugly 4x4s but Jeeps are the most fun to drive hands down!

I finally got the '76 CJ7 I have always wanted last year and when I get back from the Coast in April the top is coming off for sure!

-Boj

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1111028537897.D_(88).JPG

[quote]rainjack wrote:
You know, that no matter how much you love your jeeps, they are just a Dodge.[/quote]
Hey I resent that here is just another dodge for you!!

the whole “its a jeep thing…” is pretty weak… a real 4x4 is built not bought and many people get an elitist attitude when they own a jeep.

Jeeps arent a bad platform for a fourwheeler, expecially if your not going to extreme.

However my tastes are a bit more extreme and the initial investment of a Wrangler is way to much for me, seeing as I would swap out or highly modify damn near everything except the engine/tranny/electrical

[quote]chtdrmn wrote:
are you jeep fanatics only a fan of the wrangler or also the liberty, grand cherokee, etc
[/quote]

My 44’s are on a ZJ that is the 93-98 model grand cherokee and I’m a fan of anything heavily modified I’m not brand or model specific But I built my ZJ because I was partial to it because it was my first 4x4 .