T Nation

Its a Jeep Thing

I just got my long awaited Wrangler and can’t get enough of it. Can’t wait for summer crusin with the top and doors off. Any other Jeepers out there?

brotherman, congrats on the new jeep, thats awesome!!! I myself have a chevy silverado but my wife has a wrangler. we love it and take the thing mobbin all the time. we cant wait to lift it to and throw some meats on it.

My buddy has a 1989 (or some old shit like that) Jeep Wrangler. Its got a lift kit and mud tires on it. Its loud as fuck, and especially cold as fuck during the winter (the heater makes up for that…partly). He drives from the Poconos in PA to Southern Maryland 4 times a week (4 hours each way). I went with him on one of these ventures twice. Whenever we’d talk, we would have to shout like hell. When we got home, I could feel the vibration of the car still in my bones and feel my ears still ringing. So is it a Jeep thing? Its also a masochistic thing.

But they are badass as hell.

Seen the new Jeep pick-up concept?

My old '84 Jeep had poor reliability, but it was mean and purdy.

Are they not associated with an alternative lifestyle???:slight_smile:

Dude… Jeeps are awesome!!! Enjoy it… Attached is a picture of mine. I bought this when I wasn 19 in 1994. I’ll probably be buried in it… I don’t drive it every day anymore, but my ass was in that seat quite a bit. I could tell some good stories of me and my jeep down at the shore over the summer… Oh my…

Good times… Enjoy…

LJ

Hey Shugs, that’s the Jeep Gladiator…pretty badass. The Jeep execs at the recent auto show said that if it goes into production, the first engine it will have will be a diesel. Yikes…

MicroSlash - “Zooming around in my Jeep Liberty since 2002”

I had an '86 CJ-7 in high school – I loved taking the top and doors off of that thing in the summer. It had its problems – old, carbourated engine, and problems with the shifting mechanism and with stalling – but it was great fun.

My buddy had a '98 Wrangler and I used to have a '96 Cherokee.

Oh, the fun we had with those.

Too bad we both sold them.

(Dumbest thing I’ve done since selling a 1985 JCM 800 half stack. . .)

I have been thinking about selling my car for a Wrangler. Just need to find the right deal on one.

snif…snif…i once had a black and beautiful jeep sahara…i’d wanted that damn thing since i was 16…then i got married… and my husband made me sell it…he said it wasnt “practical”…i shoulda just got rid of him instead…guess that happend eventually… worst of all…he made me drive a honda…4 door…i’ll tell ya what though… as soon as he and i were done i went out an promptly bought a big supercab ford f 150…and i swear…there will NEVER be another man that comes between me and my truck ever again…

No Man should ever even try to get between you and your truck, unless all he wants is a turn to drive!

Many of my frineds have or still have jeeps. They are a blast.

I’ve got a 1976 CJ-7 that, until 2 weeks ago, had been my daily driver since I got my license (15 years ago). I bought a truck so I can tow my Jeep to trails. Do yourself and the Jeep a favor and get off the pavement once in a while. Even in stock form Jeeps are impressive off road. My CJ will be the last vehicle I ever get rid of. I am going to be buried in that thing.

Jer…

[quote]Chewman wrote:
No Man should ever even try to get between you and your truck, unless all he wants is a turn to drive!

Many of my frineds have or still have jeeps. They are a blast.
[/quote]

hmmmm…i like the way u think…cowboy!

I still think that the whole wrangler thing is, well, fruity.

However, i drive a mini cooper, bright yellow mind, so i am sure my hairdresser credentials are to date!

You know, that no matter how much you love your jeeps, they are just a Dodge.

[quote]ems_girlscout wrote:
snif…snif…i once had a black and beautiful jeep sahara…i’d wanted that damn thing since i was 16…then i got married… and my husband made me sell it…he said it wasnt “practical”…i shoulda just got rid of him instead…guess that happend eventually… worst of all…he made me drive a honda…4 door…i’ll tell ya what though… as soon as he and i were done i went out an promptly bought a big supercab ford f 150…and i swear…there will NEVER be another man that comes between me and my truck ever again… [/quote]

Why would a guy try to dictate what the woman in his life drives? Geez. I’ve got a bright red Dodge 4by with a 360…and The GF’s got a Ford 250 4by with a V10.
I will admit to a couple of pangs of “gee…hers is bigger than mine…” at first, but I got over it!

[quote]miniross wrote:
I still think that the whole wrangler thing is, well, fruity.

However, i drive a mini cooper, bright yellow mind, so i am sure my hairdresser credentials are to date![/quote]

I agree, this “jeep thing” is corny. Like when jeep drivers wave to one another in passing. WTF is that about?
Am I missing something???

[quote]ironbat wrote:

I agree, this “jeep thing” is corny. Like when jeep drivers wave to one another in passing. WTF is that about?
Am I missing something??? [/quote]

…I think thats what they’re talking about.

“Its a Jeep thing…You wouldnt understand” -Full Trademark Quote.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
ironbat wrote:

I agree, this “jeep thing” is corny. Like when jeep drivers wave to one another in passing. WTF is that about?
Am I missing something???

…I think thats what they’re talking about.

“Its a Jeep thing…You wouldnt understand” -Full Trademark Quote.
[/quote]

Just another Cult Marketing success. Mac. Volkswagen. Starbucks. You name it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
You know, that no matter how much you love your jeeps, they are just a Dodge.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with that to my knowledge But my 95 ZJ is riding on 44 inch boggers with drivetrain parts donated from chevy and ford 1 ton trucks .