Is This Doctor a Quack?

About me: 27 soon turning 28 year old male, 6’0, 170lbs.

Anyway, I found this doctor, actually chiropractor, he is a clinical director, who works with a doctor at his pain management/trt clinic.

I scheduled appointment with them due to always having fatigue, never having morning erections, lack of drive at the gym, a bit of anxiety and depression, keep a lot of fat on chest and stomach and not feeling like your typical “man”. I was seen by the physician and evaluated, I had prior labs from 3 months ago, and he said another lab draw wasn’t necessary.

Here is what my lab results are.

The clinical director (chiropractor) who works with me put me on 200mg/ml T-Cypionate per week, under the doctors vision. He said he is going to this for 5 weeks, and start AI and HCG after 5 weeks.

First of all, is this unusual? Start TRT without AI and HCG until later?
Second of all, I’m on my 2nd injection (week 2) I mean, I do feel slightly better (stronger at gym), could be a placebo effect, but based on my lab values should I even be on TRT, or am I going to screw myself in the long term.

And third, out of the blue, he sends me a bill for $800, he states it will cost $800 every 10 weeks on this TRT cycle.

I would appreciate any help. Right now, I’m thinking of stopping this stuff because I think my lab values are normal, but this doctor and clinical director told me they are below normal for my age, and they are in line with my symptoms of feeling like an old man with no energy. I do noticed a bit of a difference, but do my lab values really warrant TRT? And is $800 over priced? And is it odd to start someone on 200mg of test a week? Without hCG to start?

Please help.

Those labs are incomplete, no SHBG was tested and is an epic failure on the most basic level. If SHBG was midrange or lower you should have never been given TRT. SHBG is the gold standard for sex hormone evaluation and it wasn’t even tested.

That protocol will fail most men, it’s simply too much test. This T-mills doesn’t staff real doctors, a doctor prescribes the test, but the person working with you isn’t a doctor. The T clinics don’t generally care about your health, they care about selling as much medicine as they can to profit.

This is why they start everyone out on 200mg weekly, because that is the limit for weekly dosages. Sure your levels are low for your age, how’s your diet? Do you sit at a desk all day at work?

You’re crazy to spend $800 every 10 weeks, certifiable! Defy Medical only charges $1300-$2000 yearly and offers a skype based service for those across states. These are real doctors who can diagnose and treat serious medical conditions related to male hormones and thyroid matters.

The fees alone would make me run. $4k per year for test (only the test)? What will it be if/when hCG and an AI are added? What about follow-up labs and office visits?

Maybe you do need to run your test numbers up to optimal, but I would also get complete labs, including thyroid, IGF-1, etc.

Quack!
.you had a t reading at 600 and free t that was good and he put u on trt.

Men are in the 500s and are fine/healthy. Why would he shut down your own production and make you infertile.

With proper diet, exercise, vitamin supplementation you can probably raise it even higher.

1 Like

With Defy, do you have to make a trip to them at some point? Maybe, a visit with a local doctor (that is what IMT does)?

Depends on state statutes. Some require face to face visits (including physical exam) with the doctor.

Ok. Thanks for the replies. How do I safely get off this TRT? I had a total of 400mg of test in 2 weeks. What should I do? How long will it take to recover? Anything I should take?

I have a friend who just last night told me what his doctor prescribed…

My friend has been on 0.5ml (100mg) of test per week for a good handful of years now. He has never been on an AI and I asked him to ask his doc to test for e2 and he did. Sure enough it was elevated. So what does his doc do? Prescribes 1mg anastrole PER DAY.

I told him, bro, I know I’m not a doctor, but trust me, your doc is an idiot. Do NOT take 1mg a day. So I’ve convinced him to take 1mg/week until his next labs.

What was his e2? Start at .5 a week total.veey powerful medication.
You do not want to crash e2. Will be miserable. If he had no symptoms of a little high e2 you should probably not take any ai

1 Like

He couldn’t remember the exact number but it was out of range.

No trip necessary, I spent today filling out intake forms and am going all out on labs tomorrow, dumping $600+ on labs. Then getting a sport physical exam, then scheduling an appointment with Dr. Saya.

The only problem I see in that pre-TRT lab set is high TSH.
Thyroid lab ranges are stupid, ignore normal.

TSH should be nearer to 1.0

Problem could be from not using iodized salt. Iodine deficiency undermines thyroid function. Please see below re ‘oral body temperatures’ and note that we are interested in two sets of temperatures.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.