Is This a Good Creatine Product?

Alright guys. I havn’t tried a creatine powder before however after reading a few articles and talking to people in my gym I’ve been convinced supplement. Got a great deal, however I don’t totally understand all the ingredients listed:

Cytodrol (Anabolic Cell Amplifier): 5,017mg
Creatine Monohydrate
Beta-Alanine - Creatine Malate
Creatinol-O-Phosphate - Creatine Taurinate
Alpha-Amino N- Butyrate - Creatine HCL
Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL - Alpha-Amino N-Valerate

Cytoplex (Muscle Cell Recovery and Repair Matrix): 2,100mg
L-Glutamine
L-Glutamine AKG
L-Alanyl L-Glutamine.

Cyto-ATP (Rapid Cellular Energy Replenishing Complex): 1,128mg
Taurine
L-Leucine
L-Valine
L-Isoleucine
L-Tyrosine
L-Alanine
L-Arginine AKG
L-Leucine AKG
L-Valine AKG
L-Citrulline Malate
Trigonella Foenum-Graecum Seed Extract (Standardized For 20% 4-Hydroxyisoleucine)
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine

Volnox (Electrolyte Rehydrating Activator): 1,000mg
Di-Calcium Phosphate
Di-Sodium Phosphate
Di-Potassium Phosphate.

G-Cycle (Muscle Growth Super Regeneration/Insulin Technology): 107mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid
Malic Acid
Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract
Papain, Bromelain
Avena Sativa Aerial Parts Extract
Boswellia Serrata Aerial Parts Extract
Curcuma Longa Root
Quercetin Dihydrate (As Fava D’anta)

Other Ingredients:

Modified Glucose Polymers (Maltodextrin), Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavours, Sodium Citrate, Calcium Silicate, Acesulfame-Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red No. 40 Lake, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No. 2

I know this is a vague question, but could anyone evaluate whether this is a good product for a beginner who is looking to increase strength and lean body mass? Also if anyone knows any relavant articles for me to read that would be a great help. Thanks

Unless it’s cheaper than creatine monohydrate, my answer is no.

You’ve got creatine monohydrate and then some creatine bound to other substances. Then you have a few amino acids, but you’d get a bigger and better and cheaper effect from some protein powder. Then you have a bunch of stuff I don’t understand.

I think you’d get better and cheaper results with 5 grams of creatine monohydrate a day and before your workout you drink a shake with 50 grams of maltodextrin and 50 grams of whey protein.

How many calories a day are you eating and from which sources? Do you need supplements?

[quote]McLaren wrote:
could anyone evaluate whether this is a good product for a beginner who is looking to increase strength and lean body mass?[/quote]
Sorry man, but this is a crappy-looking supp. It’s a kitchen sink formula that threw a ton of ingredients together with only trace amounts of each.

You would’ve been much better off with basic creatine monohydrate, no other ingredients in the mix.

Nikhil Rao did a great write-up all about creatine last year.

Cheers for the help guys. Chris, I had that feeling but was lured in by the fact it was in the clearance section of my local supp store with a massive discount and the fact monohydrate was the first ingredient.

And im sorry Kakno I can’t give you any numbers as I don’t weigh and calculate all the foods I eat. My diet consists of a lot of lean meat, tinned fish, nuts, fruit, vegetables, beans, eggs, some dairy (cottage cheese and greek yogurt) and I consume most of my carbs before and after I train (oats if I train in the morning and rice if I train in the evening.) I have a shake of whey protein and BCAAs first thing in the morning with a fish oil supplement, before and after training. I do treat myself to a few beers once a week which is probably my downfall and have bread with my brekfast. On the whole I feel my diet is fairly sound, if anything I’m getting too many calories as I’m currently trying to bulk up whilst increasing my strength on the big lifts. From what I’ve read creatine could help me achieve this. Again sorry that this is vague! Let me know if you need any more information to help me out

[quote]McLaren wrote:
And im sorry Kakno I can’t give you any numbers as I don’t weigh and calculate all the foods I eat. My diet consists of a lot of lean meat, tinned fish, nuts, fruit, vegetables, beans, eggs, some dairy (cottage cheese and greek yogurt) and I consume most of my carbs before and after I train (oats if I train in the morning and rice if I train in the evening.) I have a shake of whey protein and BCAAs first thing in the morning with a fish oil supplement, before and after training. I do treat myself to a few beers once a week which is probably my downfall and have bread with my brekfast. On the whole I feel my diet is fairly sound, if anything I’m getting too many calories as I’m currently trying to bulk up whilst increasing my strength on the big lifts. From what I’ve read creatine could help me achieve this. Again sorry that this is vague! Let me know if you need any more information to help me out[/quote]

No, no, that’s great info. Seems like you know a thing or two about nutrition. 5 grams of creatine monohydrate a day should help, but the effect won’t be magic. But it’s definitely worth the little money it costs.

Good luck!