Is HIT Training Really The Best Way Grow Muscle

I’d like a teaser, of maybe one muscle group, before I plop down $50!

Heya,

Thank you, the hint of sarcasm belies your having no idea of how “worldly” fits. My family and I have traveled the world for competitions, something none of us will forget.

Care to answer those questions, or just throwing shade at someone for no reason? I mean, hey, if you’re so against gear, why are you here of all places? You go post in TRT/HRT threads calling folks laughable? How about using insulin for Diabetes, that’s not natural, right…is it laughable?

Anyways, just hit me wrong, it’s the internet, I should know better, some idiot is going to say blue is green and green is blue, on a blue is blue website…human nature, no?

Take care.

You have no idea what i meant by saying Worldly Accomplishments…you have more eternal issues then

Don’t care if you or anyone else is on gear or not…that’s your prerogative…it’s your criticism of other weight training systems while spouting about using gear all your life…that is what is laughable

and whats even more laughable is you making the claim that this website is only for people on gear, lol, lol, lol, lol

1 Like

Heya,

Please show me where I said this site was ONLY for people on gear…yeah, I didn’t think so.

If you don’t care, why do you post about being on gear at 18 or any age? I said I personally don’t like HIT, but also say whatever works for you is what is most important.

Again:

You made some assumptions, you didn’t realize the history, or just wanted to be a smartass, happens to all of us. I was trying to not go full on aggressive, so tried to turn it into a positive deal, and you went all sarcastic/smartass again, even though you came off like you wrote.

You just couldn’t walk away, had to make another statement that most would consider sarcastic, again, I try to spin it into a positive about our travels around the world to different competitions…and here we are.

I’ve tried more training systems than anyone I know, maybe CT has tried more, who knows, I have 50+ years of training, you’re somehow invalidating my criticism because of my gear use??

Just makes NO sense at all…you know trainers that submit articles here have used/do use (not naming them, it’s all out there), and what are considered the best of the best in bodybuilding/powerlifting in training…same thing.

You don’t like that I criticized HIT, fine and dandy, but don’t come after me, my life, my knowledge, etc. without some actual knowledge yourself. I haven’t attacked you personally, but this is getting a bit nuts to me that you’re saying I can’t give an opinion because of my gear use.

Take care.

I’d sure love your feedback from what you see!!

The guy openly and clearly explained that he had used steroids, gave some background and tried to contribute to the conversation. You responded by repeating exactly what he had already said and then insulting him.

You think his comments were laughable? Lets be honest about the value of your words.

How did you contribute to anything, other than creating negativity, representing yourself poorly and pushing the conversation off topic?

The guy even tried to talk to you afterward. Why dont you man up and apologize?

We all know the truth behind a LOT of Mentzer’s gains. So please stop with the denegrating language, as if you know all these great secrets that elude us hoi polloi. When I said ‘Early-Mid’, I meant the early-mid part of his courses and teachings, NOT his overall training career (looking at it, he didn’t write those initial chapbooks until he was about 2/3 of the way through his training career)

And yes, I can applaud what Mike said earlier on and dismiss his later (more extreme) ideas, at the same time. That’s what most reasoning people do — they don’t simply blindly follow everything one certain person says.

That being said, I cannot simply discard what he said, because 1) he was extremely genetically gifted and 2) on gear. It would be no better than some people here who wanted to disregard YOU for the same reasons! But he was at least giving us better and straighter answers than the Weider Mags ever did [‘Ironman’ was really good at promulgating a more reasonable approach, but they too got bogged down in Supplement Pushing later on…]

I don’t know if I like term ‘casual’ for myself. I may not be Competition Level Serious, but I am serious and focused as can be every time I enter the gym. And that’s the whole point: We are Casual to Amateur Serious trainers ourselves. Your story of dedication and awards wasn’t Oranges to our Apples…It was more like Dragon Fruit, because you are a rarity.

I’m still working full-time (same age as you) and don’t have the luxury of hours in the gym — even if I wanted to. Most employed working people would feel the same. As it stands, we don’t have as much time to spend with the fam as we’d like to, in the first place.

1 Like

P.S. I may be wrong, but I’d say that less than 1/2 of us practice Whole Body HIT these days. No big deal, I just hate sweeping generalizations as much as you seem to!

1 Like

Heya,

I wholeheartedly agree with:

On another note, in my “casual” reference I can see how one could take that as an insult, I in no way meant it as such, but was trying to find a way to describe the difference between competitor and non-competitor, I apologize if that description was poor.

As I have said, I personally do have issues with HIT, from it’s founder (a truly despicable human being), to it’s claims/myths from the so-called “Colorado Experiment”, and it’s proponents who misrepresent how they got to where they did, no different than scores of others across the spectrum, to be fair.

HIT is better for some for various reasons, if it works for you, that is all that matters. Where I have issues I’ve tried to be clear on, nothing personal to you or your own experience (s).

It’s another tool to use or not, but don’t make it out to be the “end all, be all”, as some (not necessarily you) do.

Take care.

1 Like

Dave: Did you ever purchase any of the Thib courses? Do you have any feedback for us?
Thanks!