Interview with Dr. Serrano

NeilG has a legitimate point if he is in fact attempting to push the “Caveman” diet.

Man survived quite well for hundreds of thousands of years eating meats, vegetables, fruits and nuts.

I don’t think any species could survive hundreds of thousands of years drinking Dr. Pepper!

Oh My,

As another forumite who has resisted the temptation to foul himself with the stink of one of “his” posts, I too have fallen. I couldn’t help myself, there I was, minding my own business and “thuuuuuup!”…I got sucked right in.

“Help me!” I whimpered as the intensity of asinine arguments pulled me inexorably towards a lower I.Q, 'round and 'round I swirled much like the tidy bowl man going down with his ship.

Blub.

Blub.

Blub.

So, now I sit here with what feels like a head full of butter trying to get what used to be rapier like wit to shake off the effects of reading this horrid argument and I find myself unable to do so…I think I am stupider for reading it…I.Q going down…

But, Hey, on the upside, picking at my toes has never been more interesting.

Neil:

Stop the insanity.

Please.

Me go now pick nose.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

~ Albert Einstein

" deezlodawg…if that was true…then all the masses of people who drink diet sodas and consume aspartame would be either blind or dead…but even after all these years of people consuming aspartame, no ill health effects have ever been diagnosed or documented by any health care professionals"

That’s funny. I seem to experience SEVERE headaches any time I eat anything with aspartame in it. It is a very common sensitivity actually.

Cake,

Cause natural food is so bad, right?

Actually Neil, I know I for one would have done pretty damn well back in caveman times.

But…WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING???

“I don’t even know why I’m saying anything in the first place, cause I really don’t give a shit about what you guys do anymore.”

." Nothing is, so shut the fuck up."

…No, Neil, these quotes would be “the insanity” that I refer to…“Natural” is good…Natural Titties, Natural Peanut Butter (together, these are Mmmm…Good!) and of course the Natural goodness of a random act of kindness. But to say that because it’s “Natural it’s good” seems a bit, well foolish. No?

Tobacco (Consumed in any fashion)

Bacon Grease

Mushrooms (some)

“Natural Fertilizer” (Organic foods…8 times more likely to be re-called for health reasons …Hello E-Coli!)

As I told my children when they were toddlers, “Just 'cause you can put it in your mouth, doesn’t mean you should eat it”

Good advice, still I think.

*This constitutes my “Monthly serious contribution whether it is needed or not”, regardless of handle changes, the “once a month” policy shall stay the same. This is not open for negotiation

“The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously”

~ Samuel Butler

Neil, use your enthusiasm reading here www.nsca-lift.org/.

What is the WAP site?

I think canola oil is bad as well. Sorry I wasn’t involved in the other threads. Is canola oil super bad…no. It has some benefits…some draw backs. As does saturated fats etc.

Lets ditch the personal attacks and get back to sifting through the evidence and information…and come to a logical conclusion. :frowning:

two comments…
take it easy guys, you got to remember that neil is just a kid, try to tell me YOU ALL did not think you knew it all when you were 18!!!

he sais stoopid shit, but we all did! he will grow up, eventually. my only problem with neil is that he does not take the advice of those bigger and stronger than himself. when i was his age i was constantly hitting up on the bigger stronger guys in the gym for advice. sooo neil, how is the routine i sent you going, no wait, let me guess, you have not bothered to try it have you?

but i must admit, all the saturated fats or not, neil is leaner than i am(not saying much there though).

now, to comment on the “fitness-gurus” who are 90-95 and still kicking: does anyone here realize that we are not really living any longer than we were 100 years ago. what has improved is our infant mortality rate. with a higher population to work with, there are just more people around that made it to adulthood that have the genetics to live a long time.

cannot weight to hear the response to this, bring it on, i am ready. this is a subject that i am passionate about cause of my personal experiences as a healthcare worker.

This is funny! I wonder what the life expectancy of early cave dwellers was?

-Matt

yeah, you are funny matt, i said the last 100 years, not the last million.

i spelled wait “weight”, could that be a “Freudian-error”?

Natural food Neil? I remember a long time ago you talked about eating bacon grease with pancakes. Are these natural pancakes?

Of course I’m sure you were “just joking” as usual.

Look, I’m all for eating natural, but is it really that complicated? Stay away from boxed processed foods, just drink water, stick to the produce section and you’ll be healthier than most of the population.

“now, to comment on the “fitness-gurus” who are 90-95 and still kicking: does anyone here realize that we are not really living any longer than we were 100 years ago. what has improved is our infant mortality rate. with a higher population to work with, there are just more people around that made it to adulthood that have the genetics to live a long time.”

I love you heavythrower!

Hahaha, seriously, though, I think I tried to say this in a thread before…dunno if it was here or another board, and people just called me a retard.

I believe the life expectancy in the late 1700s was about 35 :slight_smile: There were people living to be 90 back then :slight_smile:

Natural meaning part of our natural diet.

I don’t mean just cause it’s natural it’s good.

Anyone know where this research is to which Dr. Serrano alluded?:

“I have research that clearly demonstrates training more than three days a week elevates cortisol levels for up to four days.”

Personally I think Neil should have his own weekly T-mag column…

Zulu, tell me, what measurable difference will a donut now and then, or a small amount of margerine going to have?

and remember, not all donuts are crispy creme transfat express’s
and not all margerines contain transfats.

You said that no food is all bad. Then tell me what good you can find in a krispy creme doughnut.

The statement is either false or meaningless.

-Zulu

Tell me what bad effect one crispy creme donut will have, in amongst an otherwise good diet?

Now tell me the effect of living on crispy creme?