In It for the Long Run: 260kg Deadlift, 200kg Front Squat, 130kg Log Press

Is that a duck walk or a front loaded carry? A duck walk is this. It needs a special bit of kit

Front loaded carries are HARD. I like then. I have an 85kg bit of timber that I use. You’d think that wouldn’t be to heavy. But it is.

2 Likes

Thank you. yeah it took a while to figure it out but he secrete ingredients to sucess are hard work and perseverance. Who’d have thoguht.

Ohh we were talking about different exercises

Log press 85kg 1 rep every 10 seconds. 6 reps. Done. Great result.

Then rowing 20 seconds in 60 off. Easy

Inclined flies rolling extensions and press downs

Iso row, oar rear delta flies

It’s a lot harder than it looks.

1 Like

Sounds gnarly as hell @carlbm my man

1 Like

Cardio heavy day. That log ores followed by rowing kills my lungs.

So strong and fast on the carries! Great job mate!

Well the OVH is the hardest to progress and 5% is progress, nothing to shit on my man… Also, putting 100 kgs over your head makes you a demigod.

Thank you. But I’m a fat bastard. So this still only 95% body weight. I’m aiming for 100% body weight. And I’m a right little twat when it comes to training. I like to get better ALL the time.

So a bit of an odd session:

Yoke - went over 102% of the comp weight. But struggled. I think my prep for the session was off. Well I say “think it was of” I went to the pub last night. Sore head today.
I managed to complete the event. But I had 1 long put down.

Rest of the session was okay. No surprises.
GM - 100kg
sled push, ab roll out SS (abs must got to 3x11 now)
Belt squat 220kg SS
Curls 8 plates - 3x10.

3 people have told me in the last week how much I’m increased upper body size. So happy there.

Just got to keep it up. Comp is in 2 weeks. I need to remain focused and not do stupid things like night out the day before training.

1 Like

Today we DE dead lift and Viking press

I will add after the yoke yesterday I was tired today. I took rugby coaching this morning. And that helped lossen me up. But still.
Dead were at 2 1/2 plates (120kg) + chains. 2 sets of 10. This was hard keeping the power on all the time. But worth it.
Viking press was 80kg 4 sets of 2. Again power power power.
Seated shoulder press 45 per arm, the cable flies, great MMC, Extensions and curls - good bur on then SS and then straight arm lat pull downs and rear flies.

Good session. I was considering not going but I’m glad it did.

2 Likes

So today was the first stage of my relaxing off stage.
Farmers 105/hand (just over comp weight) - 1x20m return.
Time wise not sure but I was unfocused. And still managed to burn it. So I’m happy. Still aiming for sub 17 seconds.
Dead lift - 200kg 1 rep. This was on the relm of easy hard. Like I could squeeze out 5. But it would suck.
I think on comp day I’m gonna go for a 4,2,2 approach. Get 4 in really quick. Then 2, then 2 again. I think 8 will be a good return on points.

Then a load of accessory work. 220 leg press 3x10, GHR, pendlay rows. Nothing to sexy.

My coach and I had a good chat about what I could / should expect. He’s really happy with prep. He wants me to focus on performance and not placement. I think top 1/2 would be a good day. Top 1/3 is within reach. But all honesty - I want to win. A few of the guys are remarking at the weights we have for a novice comp. A 260kg yoke is big, as is 200kg for reps. And I’m doing well. What I must not do it get sucked in - start to do badly and let it burst my bubble. I have a been known to do that.
So on this revelation my new goals:
Log - 6 reps min, 8 goal
Dead lift - 6 reps min, 8 goal
Farmer - 19 seconds max time, goal sub 17
Yoke - 45 seconds max, goal sub 35
Duck walk - man this is hard - 20 max, sub 15 goal (its a balance thing)

1 Like

Log - 6 reps min, 8 goal
Dead lift - 6 reps min, 8 goal
Farmer - 19 seconds max time, goal sub 17
Yoke - 45 seconds max, goal sub 35
Duck walk - man this is hard - 20 max, sub 15 goal (its a balance thing)

Achieved;
4 reps the log - pissed
9 on DL - VERY happy
Not sure on the Farmers - but quick so happy enough
sub 20 on the yoke - amazed
Not sure on Duck.

Unfortunately the site is becoming harder and harder for me to use. There appears to be a change in the site that my laptop and phone do not like. I get multiple crashes every time I use it. So i will update often - but I have to copy and paste from a word document. Tagging and quoting is now a no go. So If I appear not to respond - this is why.

Next workout is Thursday. I feel shit. Tired and beat up. Had my 1st vaccine Sunday so not sure if its that OR tired from Sunday.

Next phase of training
Need to lose some chub. Get back toward 100kg. Making a commitment to daily exercise. I like @T3hPwnisher idea of daily workouts. I think if I day does not have a gym session I can do either a BB complex or loaded carry cardio work out.

Then gain again.

2 Likes

Awesome to see you competing mate. I’m always amazed that threads like that get so little attention on this site.

I have nothing of value to add, just checking in.

1 Like

Then you are unique in that you are the only person I’ve ever met with nothing of value to add :wink:

Everyone has something. Even if its “just” checking in.

2 Likes

Or do some high rep bodyweight circuits

Come join the Wolfpack my man

Hey Carl, awesome work on the comp. I can’t imagine the nerves in your first one. I watched the videos in the other thread and damn you are strong haha. Any plans on competing again soon, or are you in no rush?

Oh this is very much the start of something. Looking at comps 4 months out. I have a holiday in 9 weeks time. If I can drop fat for this I’ll look better. Come back after and gain again.

I had not realised how strong I had gotten (not that I’m super strong but both the DL and yoke surprised me) and how dedicated I’d become.
Sure my diet was a little loose. But in 120 days I ate 6 eggs and 1lb of mince and a high protein dinner in 110 of them. Sure training could have been better. But missed 1 training session. Out of 80. And the results show.
I also loved the comp. It was a great day. It also feels great and I’m a little smug now. I can officially call myself a strongman…

3 Likes

So a quick full body okrout today.

Laddered to 10 pull ups (1-10) very pleased with that. Had not know I could do that.
Squat - 140kg 2x5. Felt REALLY heavy. But last weeks comp and 0 exercise since and diet are the reasons for this. Not too fussed I was struggling.
Axle push press
About 95kg 2 sets of 3.
And some curls.

A real mixed bag just to get in to the gym and get moving.

2 Likes

1st session back and I’ve already eye balled a new comp. more on that below.

Session:
Block pulls
5 sets of 3 - 3 sets of 200kg sandwiched between 2 sets of 220kg.
2 sets of 5 - 160kg

Rest SuperSet at 4x10-12
Single leg leg press - 80kg / leg
&
Leg extensions 11 plates

Lunge 20kg
&
Standing back hyper 20kg

The rowing. 4x 100M EMOM. Nice little finish of what @dagill2

3 Likes

Good work dude.

Let me know when the comp is.