IFBB Amateur Champs Prep

I will start my prep for the IFBB World Championships that will be held in Korea on October 25-29, on August 1st. I will take you through week to week photos and journal entries leading up to the World Championships where I will go after my IFBB Pro Card!

With the learning process of the team universe where I placed 1st in the light heavyweight division and contended for the overall I will come into the World’s alot tighter and harder and drier. As of right now Iam taking some much needed time off to relax and refocus for this upcoming war in Korea!!!

Have I eaten anything healthy since the Team U? Honestly NO!!! You name it I have just about eaten it and I am enjoying it!! Have I trained? Only once. I just started to train yesterday with some easy workouts makeing sure not to over due it. Like I said I am very honest about what I eat and how I train so feel free to ask me what I eat how I train. I keep it real!!!

Remember August 1st I will post my pics.

Awesome, I look forward to it! You were mighty impressive last time round so I can only imagine that this time you’ll be on fire.

Good luck and enjoy the rest.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Awesome, I look forward to it! You were mighty impressive last time round so I can only imagine that this time you’ll be on fire.

Good luck and enjoy the rest.

[/quote]

Thank you swissrugby67, Just with this extra 2 to 3 weeks off will help me alot to refocus. I have competed in 6 shows this year so far and the rest of my schedule is still to come.

I have the ABA/INBA/PNBA Team USA in September
October the IFBB Amateur World Championships in Korea
INBA - Natural Olympia in Greece in November

This will end my season.

I am peaking for the World Championships

The only reason I will be doing the other shows is I made a commitment at the start of the year to compete in these shows and I always honor my commitments

I look forward to following your log.

I’m curious how many comps do you usually do in a year?

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
I’m curious how many comps do you usually do in a year?[/quote]

Well since this is my first full year back since 1999, I usually do 2 to 3 shows a year. But since some of these shows are so close together all I have to do is maintain. Some of the shows I have competed in I come in as is. I don’t carb deplete or drop my water. It all depends on how important the show is. Example Jr.Cal I came in about 85 to 90% and peaked for the Team Universe. My upcoming shows The ABA team usa I plan on coming in about 80 to 90% and for the world Championships 100%

Thanks so much for hanging out with us and sharing. Can you give us a run down of your contest prep 7-10 days out; I’m talking carb deplete/refeed and sodium load/deload kind of a thing.

There have been some inquiries as of late on this site, and the more I read up on it, the more contradicting information I come across. Can I hear it from someone firsthand, like yourself? (I understand, each person is different and timing etc. will vary, but what formula have you found to get you hard, dry, and vascular on contest day?)

Thanks in advance

Bob

I’d like to hear about your general training philosophy. Which set and rep schemes do you use? Do you ever go above 12 reps? What about tempo?

As far as nutrition goes, how many g/lbs protein do you ingest?

Thanks!
JDK

I look forward to following this thread Kiyoshi and checking out your progress.

Good luck and train hard.

[quote]whosyobobby wrote:
Thanks so much for hanging out with us and sharing. Can you give us a run down of your contest prep 7-10 days out; I’m talking carb deplete/refeed and sodium load/deload kind of a thing.

There have been some inquiries as of late on this site, and the more I read up on it, the more contradicting information I come across. Can I hear it from someone firsthand, like yourself? (I understand, each person is different and timing etc. will vary, but what formula have you found to get you hard, dry, and vascular on contest day?)

Thanks in advance

Bob[/quote]

No problem about hanging out. It’s my pleasure. Tomorrow I will post some of my contest prep referring to the above statement.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
I look forward to following this thread Kiyoshi and checking out your progress.

Good luck and train hard.[/quote]

Sup Tmoney1

With this time off between competitons. I couldnt begin to tell you how good it feels just to eat and relax and not train. My training starts this week but easy making sure to avoid injuries. I am pretty excited about posting my prep for the world championships.

Hey Kiyoshi,

thanks for sharing the experience, I’m sure it will be educational for all of us. Curious as to your starting stats, obviously you’ve filled out (good ro bad) since your last show, and I’d love to hear actual numbers to put to the before and after pics.

Best of Luck brother.

Stu

[quote]Kiyoshi Moody wrote:
whosyobobby wrote:

Thanks in advance

Bob

No problem about hanging out. It’s my pleasure. Tomorrow I will post some of my contest prep referring to the above statement.[/quote]

Here you go my 7 to 10 day precontest prep.

Assuming competition is on Saturday

Day 10,9,8 - Protein intake is 400grams consisting of chicken and fish in the PM and eggwhites in the AM. Carb’s are around 200 grams. Do I completly cut my carbs as I get closer to the show? Never cut the carbs, it slows down the fat burning process. Also some people card deplete so much to where they can’t put enough carbs in there system in time for the show so there muscle bellies won’t look full. Carbs consists of oatmeal and brown rice in the early am and before noon sweet potato. No carbs after noon. Except Asparagus to drop the subcutaneuos water

Training is 30 to 45 minutes. Rep range is anywhere from 25 to 50 per set. Alot of tri and quad sets. Meaning 3 to 4 exercises right after another. I am trying to burn up the most glycogen I can. As I start my carb depletion.

Cardio is no longer done.

Posing is 30 minutes in the AM, 30 minutes in the PM and in between every set.
Water consumption is 1 gallon for the day

Tanning is done twice per day for 20 minutes. This also helps drop the subcutaneous water.

Day 7 - Protein intake is at 450 grams consisting of only egg whites (lana’s egg whites) in the Am and Fish in the PM (talipia or orange roughy). Carbs are at 150, consisting of oatmeal and sweet potato and asparagus again only. The reason I still use oatmeal because the amount of protein consumed it keeps me regular.

Training is still 30 to 45 minutes. Rep range is now anywhere from 50 to 75 per set. The same alot of tri and quad set sets

Sodium load - salt everything I eat.

No cardio

Posing is still 30 minutes both am,pm.
Water consumption is up to 1 gallon and half

Tanning is still the same twice per day

Day 6 - Protein intake remains the same. Carbs remain the same. Posing remains the same.
Water is now 2 gallons for the day. Tanning is the same. Training is the same

Sodium load - salt everything I eat

Day 4 and 5 - Protein intake remains the same. Carbs are now 100 grams. Oatmeal and sweet potato in the AM, no carbs after noon.
Training remains the same. Posing remains the same. Tanning remains the same. Water consumption is 1/2 gallon, as i began the faze to drop my water.

2 coats of protan on days 4 and 5, am and pm

Sodium load - salt everything I eat.

Day 3 - The fun part begins. Carbing up. Protein intake drops to 200 grams and carb intake goes up to 500 grams starting at 5am til 2 pm after 2 pm no complex carbs just asparagus to keep dropping subcutaneous water. Carbs consists of very dry oatmeal. Sweet potato. Japanese white rice.

No sodium

No training on these days. Just posing this remains the same.

Water consumption is 16oz for the entire day.

Tanning is once per day to still keep dropping the subcutaneous water.

Protan is twice per day in the am and pm.

Day 2 - Protein intake is 200 grams and carb intake goes up to 700 to 900 grams mainly of very dry oatmeal and japanese white rice dry. no more asparagus. Carbs are consumed slowly all day long.

No training, No water, No tanning, Posing remains the same. Relax.

No sodium

Protan - 2 more coats in the am and pm

Day of show - up at 4am - start carbing up again dry pancakes with no syrup and dry oatmeal only jelly used on oatmeal and pancakes. no need for protein. after breakfast carb up with sweet potato.

6oz of water is consumed with nanox9 brings out the pump and vascularity 1 hour before stepping on stage.

1st coat of Jan Tana in the early Am. Then 30 minutes before i go on another coat of jan tana and a light oil sheen.

And thats all she wrote

[quote]Kiyoshi Moody wrote:
I will start my prep for the IFBB World Championships that will be held in Korea on October 25-29, on August 1st. I will take you through week to week photos and journal entries leading up to the World Championships where I will go after my IFBB Pro Card!

With the learning process of the team universe where I placed 1st in the light heavyweight division and contended for the overall I will come into the World’s alot tighter and harder and drier. As of right now Iam taking some much needed time off to relax and refocus for this upcoming war in Korea!!!

Have I eaten anything healthy since the Team U? Honestly NO!!! You name it I have just about eaten it and I am enjoying it!! Have I trained? Only once. I just started to train yesterday with some easy workouts makeing sure not to over due it. Like I said I am very honest about what I eat and how I train so feel free to ask me what I eat how I train. I keep it real!!!

Remember August 1st I will post my pics.[/quote]

I have somehow misplaced my camera somewhere in my house. So to everyone I have not forgotten about the pics. To everyone I will begin my contest prep now August 6th exactly 81 days before the World Championships. So as soon as I find my damn camera we will get under way!!!

Awesome, thanks for sharing your precontest prep with us, much appreciated.

Just curious, on Day 7, you said you consume 450g of protein consisting of only egg whites and fish. How many egg whites is that? That’s gotta be a lot!

Good luck at the World Championships Kiyoshi!

Thanks for the run down. Can’t wait to see those pics

[quote]whosyobobby wrote:
Thanks for the run down. Can’t wait to see those pics[/quote]

Agree! Kiyoshi, you are a powerful inspiration source! I can’t wait for those pictures.

Looking forward to the further updates on this thread.

And just to answer a question that was asked 450 grams of protein from egg whites would be four and a half litres @ 25 grams per cup.

Hey great thread dude!

I am starting to cut very soon but not for competition just i need to drop a few % in bf!

So how many times do you carb up?every 14days?Also how did you work out how much protein and carbs to take in?do you have a trainer or is it something you worked out yourself?And do you have any advice to people who have never been on a pre-contest diet before?