I Lift, I Lower...I Lift Again

Looks like one of the stations on the old Universal Machine.

2 Likes

Thats exactly it, theyre old school universal multi press units. I loved them, but come the late 90s all gyms seemed to get rid of them. Theyre still out there, just gotta watch like a hawk for one.

15/9/22

• Steep incline DB shoulder press
    2x20kg x 8
    2x26kg x 6
    2x32kg x 6
    2x38kg x 4
    2x44kg x 7 top set
  • DB lateral raise
    2x12kg x 8
    2x14kg x 8
    2x16kg x 8
    2x18kg x 8
  • Incline EZ bar tri extension
    40kg x 8
    50kg x 8
    60kg x 5
  • Incline DB Tate press
    2x16kg x 10
    2x18kg x 8
    2x20kg x 8
    30 min swin after training

Back tomorrow

First decent workout ive had in near two weeks, can actually breathe properly.

7 Likes

Good to see you lifting again

2 Likes

This is maybe my favorite machine. Easily bias the lats or the upper back based on the grip you choose, and the only chest-supported row that I can put a lot of weight on without feeling like I’m crushing my ribcage.

2 Likes

Thanks Bam, as you know mate, life loves to set up these wee road blocks lol.

1 Like

Hey Flap, 100%, its a great job. Lets ya get plenty of volume in to without too much lower back fatigue.

2 Likes

21/9/22
AM at the the gym

• Steep Incline DB shoulder press
    2x44kg x 7
    2x46kg x 4
  • DB lateral raise
    4x8 @ 2x 12,14,16,18kg
  • Incline ez bar tri extension
    50kg x 8
    60kg x 6
  • 30 min swim

PM at home

• Chest supported row (Lat bias handles)
    200kg x 14
    220kg x 9

Legs were yesterday…

So decided to get one of these for my home gym, best shoulder press ive used. Maxtrix neutral grip shoulder press.
My father in law lives 3 door’s down from me, ill keep my power rack there. Thatll let me get a few more good plate loaded machines in my garage. Eventually the plan is to rent a unit and have a small private gym with no one than 10-12 users.
download.jpeg-2

7 Likes

that’s nice, real nice.

2 Likes

Haven’t told the misses the price yet, near 2k new. Ya reckon some flowers and chocolate will lighten the blow lol

4 Likes

What is it going to take to sell this idea? :grinning:

1 Like

Haha…oh gawd…probably a cruise or something, but be assured my bank account will take a hammering :joy:

3 Likes

22/9/22
AM

• Steep Incline DB shoulder press
    2x44kg x 7
    2x46kg x 5
  • Biceps machine (static holds in the mid position)
    3 static holds to failure @ 95kg stack
    static biceps - YouTube (last hold)
  • Thumbless reverse grip cable curl
    2x12 @ 25kg
  • 40 minutes swimming

PM
Hex bar deadlift
227kg/500lb x 7

6 Likes

Yes it feels like the end of an era, she was the queen since my earliest memories and I never thought she would pass away so soon, I think she missed her husband, they was such a beautiful couple

1 Like

Indeed mate, knew she didnt have that long but still, not nice when the enviable happens. Still what a legacy.

2 Likes

Been training mostly at home this last week, really beginning to loathe commercial gyms.

Every month now you’ve some woke leftist bullshit being rammed down your throat from the moment ya walk through the door, something new every month. If i didnt know any better, I’d get the impression that these virtue signalling self loathing twats would have me believe that as a straight white male i should be utterly ashamed of myself, and that as a straight white male I’ll never face anywhere near the level of hardships in life as others. What utter bullocks!! Everything these people say theyre against they are themselves.

Anyho, getting several new bits and bobs for my home gym, new deadlift bar, swiss bar, dumbbells, bench and air con system.

7 Likes

Get some noise canceling headphones and this T-shirt. Problem ignored.

2 Likes

Haha, i gotta get me a Chuck tshirt. Word has it he counted to infinity…twice. lol

Nah Its coming from the head offices, the staff and members hate it. People complained and were basically told if you dont like it leave…so they did. As they say…go woke go broke. My contract is nearly up with this particular gym so ill be outtve it soon enough.

3 Likes

3/10/22

Independent gym today…am

• Steep incline DB shoulder press (neutral grip)
    2x20kg x 8
    2x30kg x 6
    2x40kg x 4
    2x50kg x 5
    2x40kg x 10
  • Incline EZ bar tri extension
    50kg x 8
    65kg x 6
  • Pec deck
    100kg x 9
  • Prone DB lateral raise
    2x10kg x 10
    2x12.5kg x 10
    2x15kg x 10
    2x17.5kg x 9

Pm at home

• Hex bar deadlift
    127kg x 5
    177kg x 3
    227kg x 2
    277kg x 1 plus static hold
  • Chest supported row (lat bias handles)
    150kg x 10
    200kg x 2 sets of 10
  • Rear delt DB row
    2x25kg x 10
    2x30kg x 2 sets of 10

Finally hit the 50kg dumbbells on the seated press, new focus, hex bar deadlifts. Reps with 277kg on my home gym hex bar (it weighs 27kg and i can only get 10 of my 25kg plates on it, whos idea was it to get rubber coated tri grip plates lol), 300kg or above max on the gyms he bar aswell. Gonna be fun.

5 Likes

Reduced the weight on the technogym pec deck today to use it like below (trying to mimic a nautiluspec deck), felt 10x better, no shoulder pain and a better contraction, this was the 2 set to fail

6 Likes