How to Deal with Annoying People in the Gym

Squatting at school once I talked to a fellow doing squats. His form wasn’t horrible but he was wearing running shoes. Lead to rocking forward which is bad on the knees, if you have ever pushed up from an angle and had your knee slip or pop out you know what I’m talking about. Told him to try squatting barefoot or with flat shoes. He gave me the strangest look, right then I realized not to advise people unless they ask because everyone is into their own training and thinks they know more than you. I’m sure he could have liked the way he squatted in running shoes.

Other people have come up to me and asked about form or how to do a movement, I watched a pretty good trainer openly assist a guy squatting with horrendous form and the squatter actually thanked him. It could go either way. I would focus on your shit ,mental toughness is really what separates the people at the top from the average folks at any endeavor.

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
I have to say I’m somewhat alarmed at how socially inept some of the folks are that they have to spend large sums of money just to avoid people at a commercial gym a few hours a week.

I mean, I understand the convenience of it, but just because the weights might not be exactly where you’d like or because somebody doesn’t squat to parallel sounds crazy (literally, mental problems).[/quote]

I feel as though you may be misunderstanding someone having to do something versus someone wanting to do something in this scenario.

I would agree that if someone is psychologically unable to exercise around other people, they have some sort of issue, but for the most part I imagine people that choose this route do it as a choice rather than a necessity.

I just get so mad when other people aren’t just like me, it makes me rage.