How to Brainwash a Nation.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

Because I know history quite well I know that this happened again and again and again and people aways fall for this schtick.

lol

“Naturally the common people don’t want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY.”

Herman Goering

Quoting Nazis is an excellent way to get your point across.[/quote]

You can say about the Nazis whatever you want but they rarely sugarcoated things.

Doesn´t matter anyway because neither they nor Bush invented the whole routine, it is as old as the sun.

[quote]Zap wrote:
Quoting Nazis is an excellent way to get your point across.[/quote]

How is the fact that Goering was a Nazi relevant to what was said about brainwashing a country’s citizens? Doesn’t that make his point MORE relevant?

If you really want to make an argumentative point you should attack the man and not the premise of his argument. Oh, wait…

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap wrote:
Quoting Nazis is an excellent way to get your point across.

How is the fact that Goering was a Nazi relevant to what was said about brainwashing a country’s citizens? Doesn’t that make his point MORE relevant?

If you really want to make an argumentative point you should attack the man and not the premise of his argument. Oh, wait…[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry, did he have a point?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap wrote:

If you really want to make an argumentative point you should attack the man and not the premise of his argument. Oh, wait…

Oh, I’m sorry, did he have a point?[/quote]

Yeah, Bush=Hitler.

If that is what you will make of it anyway,I might as well build your straw man for you.

Here are your matches, enjoy!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

Because I know history quite well I know that this happened again and again and again and people aways fall for this schtick.

lol

“Naturally the common people don’t want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY.”

Herman Goering

Old habits die hard.

[/quote]

Arguably, could cook pizza’s in those ovens…The Auschwitz’s Cafe and Bar…

Conspiracies are not successful. The way to brainwash a nation is to whip people up into a nationalistic, political, or religious (read dogmatic) fervor, and then tightly control the media, so you have a country of apologists.

…China anyone?

[quote]Fiction wrote:
Conspiracies are not successful. The way to brainwash a nation is to whip people up into a nationalistic, political, or religious (read dogmatic) fervor, and then tightly control the media, so you have a country of apologists.

…China anyone?[/quote]

The US? Remember 2003?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Fiction wrote:

…China anyone?

The US? Remember 2003?[/quote]

China? Since 1950?

And correct me if I’m wrong, but no one was jailed in the US for five years for “publishing subversive material”.

(Not saying the US doesn’t act brainwashed from time to time, but at least we have the freedom to dissent, and it certainly doesn’t last long. You would be hard pressed to find anyone actively opposed to the government here in China among the ordinary citizen.)

[quote]Fiction wrote:
lixy wrote:
Fiction wrote:

…China anyone?

The US? Remember 2003?

China? Since 1950?

And correct me if I’m wrong, but no one was jailed in the US for five years for “publishing subversive material”.

(Not saying the US doesn’t act brainwashed from time to time, but at least we have the freedom to dissent, and it certainly doesn’t last long. You would be hard pressed to find anyone actively opposed to the government here in China among the ordinary citizen.)[/quote]

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Comparing China to the US is silly though.