How Hard to Cut for Florida?

I have not seen your before pics, please repost. thanks.

1 Like

Ha! Well, I’m always happy to share this if it can inspire someone. This was before I started lifting weights, but I was 18 years old. I was 5’11, 125 lbs at the time.

7 Likes

How far south you going?? Might not be shirtless much lol

1 Like

Ft. Lauderdale!

Still lots of nice 70 deg and sunny days in Jan down there. Enjoy it!

Ps. I’m from Fl and most people down here on the beach look like upside down muffins. You’ll slay no matter what you do.

2 Likes

Here’s me before the Surge Challenge:

Here’s me this morning, after consuming Surge for 6 months and changing nothing else about my diet or training:

16 Likes

That’s crazy! I was 5’8" and maybe 165 lbs at 18, and now I’m 5’8" and maybe 172 lbs thirty plus years later. I did lift and play sports in high school, though, but I’m actually more proud of the fact that I still wear the same pant size and am more fit across the board.

1 Like

I ended up, at my heaviest and strongest, at around 210-215 lbs, pretty similar bodyfat percentage to the ‘starting’ pictures. So rough math…60+ lbs of muscle over the course of about 20 years.

3 Likes

I actually didn’t know that, but I don’t follow bodybuilding much. Pretty short guy for college basketball, must of had some impressive skills to make up for the height.

3= bring your legs up to match your upper body. You already look great. Why would you want to cut?

Any suggestions on good leg-mass-building movements that aren’t the typical compounds (which I know are the best)? I’m currently doing leg extensions, lying leg curls, and the hip thrust machine. Most movements involving hip flexion (like squat/leg press) tend to cause issues that I need to avoid before surgery.

I have hip issues and can’t leg press, not even the sled with zero weight. Squatting is painful and I personally haven’t seen much growth from it.
The best thing I’ve found for me is the hack squat machine. As heavy and as hard as I can go and they’ll grow like weeds

1 Like

I like that, but he said he’s trying specifically to avoid hip flexion… I can’t think of anything worthwhile. That’s not really a thing that can be avoided if you really want to build your legs.

2 Likes

@wanna_be might have the best quads on the forum! Definitely a good source to listen to.

He said “most”. I was hoping I could slide this one in as one that hasn’t been tried yet :joy:. Just a big hack squat fan

2 Likes

I like it. If I was more into bodybuilding than strength/athletic performance, I might rely on hack squats more than free squats. I really like them.

1 Like

I don’t. Squats are what gave me most of my size. Be careful with the machines though especially leg extensions. If your knee is locked in the wrong position it can increase your changes of other issues and knee pain.

2 Likes

Sorry brother, they’re such a pain. Have you looked into them, maybe had an MRI? I’m actually excited to get my surgeries done so I can be pain-free and train without limitations.

No I haven’t. I’ve been to a few chiropractors and a few physical therapists. All had their theories and “fixes”. Nothing helped. I don’t plan to push it any farther unless it gets worse. I do plan on buying a nice hack squat soon though! My gym space just quadrupled